Sign in to follow this  
madine75

City Of Elenagorsk

Welcome to Elenagorsk.

Elenagorsk is 2km x 2km urban/industrial environment. It's primarily an urban environment with a largish industrial area and a small park. Due it's history, the architecture is a mix of old European and "newer" Soviet-style. The road network in the urban area is fairly regular, with a few laneways thrown in for good measure.

So far I think I'm about 1/3 done.. About half the roads are done, the "urban" section is about half done, however the park/industrial are is still bare earth.

I'm still yet to go add scenery things like lights, benches, greenery anf other misc bits, but it's coming along slowly and surely. It's a long process...

Here's a screen shot or two:

sov%20and%20eur%20-%20web2.png

The Town Hall.

sov1%20-%20web2.png

Old Soviet housing.

euro1%20-%20web2.png

Older European architecture.

No ETA, but it's coming along much faster now that I've sorted a few issues with the config. I'll also use this opportunity to state that I refuse to believe that BIS used V3 to create Chernarus..

Edited by madine75
Posted images > 100kb - Now all under.

I'll also use this opportunity to state that I refuse to believe that BIS used V3 to create Chernarus..

Why so? What's so special about Chernarus that it can't be created in V3?

Also I'd use clutter very sparingly in city areas, muddy ground textures would work much better (2nd pic) :).

Why so? What's so special about Chernarus that it can't be created in V3?

Also I'd use clutter very sparingly in city areas, muddy ground textures would work much better (2nd pic) :).

Why? One word: Roads.

As far as clutter goes, the sat and mask are still a WIP. There will be some clutter in some odd places, as the city has not been maintained terribly well. The whole thing is fairly basic and no-frills, as this is my first map and it's all a learning experience. :)

Elenagorsk is 2km x 2km urban/industrial environment.

Can you be bit more specific.

The terrain is 2km?

The city (meaning buildings) is 2km?

Can you be bit more specific.

The terrain is 2km?

The city (meaning buildings) is 2km?

It's a square section of the city, 2km long, 2km wide.. It's mostly full of roads and buildings..

im sorry but Arma 2 content does not have any soviet era buildings

this is my point

except of old wood buildings

titan;1473444']im sorry but Arma 2 content does not have any soviet era buildings

this is my point

I agree. Maybe he is going to model some ?

titan;1473444']im sorry but Arma 2 content does not have any soviet era buildings

this is my point

Yeah' date=' I know there's no [i']strictly[/i] Soviet era buildings, but there are a number of buildings that will work in their place. I might create some custom buildings for a later project, but Elenagorsk will be made from the stock assets.

looks pretty good... what happened with the screenshot quality though? :O

I can't get the gallery software on my web host to work properly, and they are a quick hack to get them under 100k.

Gallery software is fixed, and there's a few more screenies.

I think I'm going to need to make some changes.. The regular ""city block" lay out seems to confuse the AI.

As I'm not anywhere near finished, I was wondering if anyone had any requests for a particular feature or "area"..

EDIT: The screenies are here: http://antspace.wranga.com.au

Edited by madine75
Added gallery address..

I thought I was having issues with the AI and roads, however, some observations of the AI in and around Chernagorsk show the same kind of behaviour.

So I thought I'd let you know that it has been progressing and slowly approaches the point where an alpha release will be in order. I've mostly competed the residential and retail/business sections of town, the parkland area is fairly complete and I've not done any of the industrial section yet.