Sign in to follow this  
plumose 219

Terrain sounds

ive made a custom desert texture, but the sound is hard ground, how can i made it sound soft sand:confused: thanks

You have to edit your island´s config. In class cfgsurfaces you have to change the line

" soundEnviron = "grass"; " to sand or whatever you like.

hope that helped..

do i add this new texture to the configs? or do i rename any of the default textures ? and thanks

Nice tutorial Beton, except its german. I don't believe there is chance to see english version because you're using german win/photoshop(?).

BTW what normal map plugin are you using as I don't recognize the outlook (completely different than my nvidia plugin)?

Hm...

the text i wrote is in english (i hope it is english;) ). The screenshots are of course from german programs but it should not be a problem because the buttons should be at the same position in the english version.

I only use texview and the Gimp, its free and there is a normalmap plugin available. So noone has to bother of having a legal Photoshop licence. This tutorial is just one way to do it... and its not perfect. Still waiting for hints and tips to make it better in this thread.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=87548

So if anyone would like to host the file, and add some knowledge i would be happy.:)