Sign in to follow this  
webman1200

For Flashpoint fans, how many of you believe that...

Like i said this ofpdr is a cousin to the origanal, like arma is a stepbrother to the origanal.

The only thing it has in common to the origanal (whatever that means) is two words: Operation Flashpoint, because that's all that CM owns. It's not a cousin, a distant relative, or even the missing link to OFP. May as well call Crysis a cousin to Arma2, because they have guns?

I love how CM peeps always try and tie Dragon Rising, as a competitor to Arma or Arma2. Let them keep doing it, because when they see how fail Dragon Rising is, they come to Arma2.

Has anybody else noticed so may new people posting and playing in the game since Dragon Rising launched?

AHEM!

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=113

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1312

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1311

Compare the number of positive threads/posts to the number of negative threads/posts and you'll see what I mean.

Edit: Hm... Given the way that this discussion is going, would it possibly be more appropriate for this to be merged with the official DR thread?

Never mind, W0lle thought the same.

Whats that prove than acept that arma has got more problems than ofpdr!

take of your glasses ......... it's alright i won't bother!:yay:

Luhgnut;1476260']as anybody else noticed so may new people posting and playing in the game since Dragon Rising launched?

Yes and several of them are quite annoying and need to know when to post less, particularly the ones that go around as if preaching some sort of religion, cough.

should check your own forums there is no other arma except OA and maybe a console port?

Uhm...with OA coming out that is technically 3 ArmA's, dunno what the hell you are going on about, less you are actually a troll.

Uhm...with OA coming out that is technically 3 ArmA's, dunno what the hell you are going on about, less you are actually a troll.

Ahem! thought OA was a Campain addon for arma 2!

i also heard there was going to be a dumbed down version for consoles aswell....:eek:

No OA is a seperate campaign and it is not an addon, it is a stand alone expansion, if it were an addon you would need the original Arma 2 to use it but you don't.

As for console version...I must quote [=DD=] Luhgnut, bhawhahahahahhahah! Very unlikely.

i also heard there was going to be a dumbed down version for consoles aswell....:eek:

why don't you just admit that you really have no clue what-so-ever of what you are talking about. You state all this "knowledge" and yet, you don't know even the basics of what the Arma community has known for quite some time. Console ports, add-ons. This is old information that a person with you wealth of knowledge should have known long ago. Oh so sentient one.

There's a word for you to go look up.

Also, since Arma2 has so many problems, I wonder how I've logged over 200hours in it. and 5 hours for DR. Cause you can run through DR in 5 hours, and since Multiplayer DR is an abortion, 5 hours it will stay.

Oh.. Munchie here's a reminder for ya: OFPDR Discontent Poll from CM's Forums take a gander at that, and this then STFU-FFS.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

Speculation seen from a czechtv video showing some xbox's in the background. There's no reason to believe OA will be ported to consoles. I also fail to see how it is to be dumbed down considering it's adding content and features ontop of the ArmA2 engine as well as allowing backwards compatability and portability with ArmA2 units and objects, including the 'islands'....infact all this is in this very thread, I'm just gonna assume you trollin and we hatin'.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot I was posting in the Flashpoint Sequel opinion thread, not the official Arrowhead discussion thread, but still, the information is on the first page of this section of the board including extensive faq's and interviews regarding information we've known since August.

Edited by Steakslim

I think the point they're getting at is that, well, Munchie, take your rose coloured glasses and go back into the darkness.

Speculation seen from a czechtv video showing some xbox's in the background.

Perhaps there playing another game .....you know what i'm going to say don't you! ...........DR perhaps?:butbut:

Perhaps there playing another game .....you know what i'm going to say don't you! ...........DR perhaps?:butbut:

highly doubtful.

Really? When I played it, it felt like every other generic, badly made FPS console port out there.

Arg. Dragging gtopic further down to offtopic, but well i think i may have some objective and constructive points. Here it goes:

If OF:DR is generic FPS, which i happen to disagree, then it indeed has taken lots of things from other FPSs, heck it's even has tactical wargames such as Close Combat baked into it. Basically it is pretty close to what i wanted OFP to evolve into. Not totally there, but close enough to make me happy.

Have you tried what kind game it is when your defending some objective against enemy which uses heavy firepower? So heavy that even when player cannot die (sure his character will), he has to think does he's head fit in there if he raises his head. Tracers seems to fill whole space, dust kicked in clouds from vicinity etc. I've watched scenarios (i'm testing AI's capabilities and lacks currently) where buildings are literally covered with dust form impacts because USMC or PLA squad decided that bad guys in that building WILL keep their heads down. 1 minute from hour of combat is for killing rest is for gaining upper hand for that last minute, which means burning some powder.

That kind of things i've seen just in wargames done correctly. But level of immersion lacks from it as i'm bird into the sky leading my own men. In OF:DR i'm in middle of that pile of crap, hearing how guys are breaking under pressure, some just lie there, some yet try to pop up to keep enemy down with their own fire, but it's clear that it's not going to be enough because to each shot enemy responds with heavy use of fire. I've always wondered that aspect in wargames and tried to guess what it would be in shooter, when modern rifle squad opens up it's whole firepower with idea to keep enemy down. I guess i know the answer by now. And i'm colored impressed for such game which seems to show that pretty much spot on.

that troll must be atleast 500 lbs as much as you all have been feeding him.

what cm has done is fraud, the openly lied about the game and even did so on the very box its packaged in...it is in no way the successor to the original and it would have been better recieved if they didnt use operation flashpoint in the name

seriously would everyone be flaming the game as much as they are if it was just called dragon rising???

people would probably praise it but taking it to the level of calling it a sequel leaves some extremely big shoes to fill being that it has maybe 1/10th of the features of the original and doesnt capture any sense of being in a war

just think if bis waited a while before release ofp elite and released it onto 360 instead standard xbox...there was what about 2 weeks between the release of the two??

would there be so many junky fps games on consoles to this day??.....how might have that have changed things...i bet people would still be playing it because people still play elite on the old box and it didnt seem to be a watered down pc port and i dont think DR is a watered down console port at all...i think its a watered down, rushed, unfinished game that ran into budget issues and got forced into release and pressure from upstairs to make it more arcade like to appeal to a larger community and ended up pissing off run n gunners and "military tacticians" alike