Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

Patch 1.04 Stability Survey

How has patch 1.04 affected your ability to run ArmA 2?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. How has patch 1.04 affected your ability to run ArmA 2?

• Fixed: The patch has fixed some serious issue for me
    • No issues: The game ran quite well for me even before
    • Not fixed: I am experiencing some serious issue which it did not fix
    • New issues: It introduced some new serious issue for me
    • Mixed: The patch has solved some issues but created some new ones

I think I had this prior to 1.04 or not but everytime I go over the ocean or near the ocean my frame rate will drop to the depths of the ocean!! :eek:

My frame rate is usually a constant 30FPS at 100% 3D Resoultion but that all stops when getting in the oceans sight, I have to be either over the ocean or looking at the ocean for my frame rates to go from 30 to 10 or BELOW!

I plea BIS, please investigate this issue I pretty sure it was caused by 1.04 because I never experienced the problem before and I didn't change anything either settings/config or mods. :eek:

Never had any problems with stability, even 1.01 worked quite well. Couple of CTD:s since release date. And the cause for those two was my language patch files.

Only the performance could be better i think.

Mixed: Mouse smoothing has helped, but unfortunately it (I suspect) has created the issue of not being able to run the editor well (alt tabbing problem, even in windowed mode). So even if I'm able to run the game at reduced settings, the lack of a working editor is severe since that's where I prefer to spend my time.

There is still that tree issue on certain trees, that makes the game unplayable at normal or higher textures on my rather low spec machine. Considering the specs, 15-20 fps is what I ask for at such a setting. Getting near those certain trees can bring it down to 1-3 fps. Switching to low textures, I can get i.e. 25 fps without a single problem when getting near.

As for stability alone, Arma2 has always been rock solid on my XP system. Friends with bigger and faster hardware and Win7, can get several crashes per session. I *do* have the occasional CTD, but they are extremely rare. However, if editor have been used, I can not shut down Arma2 the normal way. I have to shut down the process when I end up with a grey Arma2 window.

Well, After several tries with 1.04, I have to say, that I yet to experienced a Crash in over 14 game launches. Frame rate have increased "marginally" (Using Fraps to gauge) aVG 3FPS,

The game rarely crashes for me, exept when I put visual range and details on max on chernarus (to admire the scenery) and start flying around. Then the game usually crashes within 20min's.

I've never had arma2 crash on me, but I've had a few graphics bugs (namely the sky flickering between cloud sets)

Graphical problems are still same as before and arma2 aint as stable as it was before. It never crashed before, but now i rarely get some CTDs or frozen screen which can only cured by booting again.

I'm using Win xp pro 32bit, Q6600, Ati 4870 512mb mem, Intel ssd game hd and 4gb system memory.

Graphical problems are still same as before and arma2 aint as stable as it was before. It never crashed before, but now i rarely get some CTDs or frozen screen which can only cured by booting again.

I'm using Win xp pro 32bit, Q6600, Ati 4870 512mb mem, Intel ssd game hd and 4gb system memory.

I have the same CTD if it can be called that, what happens is that the screen goes black but the game keeps running in the background as I can hear the sound, but I can not alt-tab and I have to boot the system.

It has happened three times in about 5h of gametime and it is quite frustrating. I also run on an Ati card: 4850.

1) CTD not fixed

2) Optimization is nearing zero :( (units blink in MP, low fps in cti, evo...)

Edited by astral54r

1.04 has been reasonable stable for me except for the Dogs Of War mission in single user campaign.

Here I have experienceds several graphical bugs (partially frozen characters etc, in Hand Over Lopotev) and AI bugs (Razor members not responding to commands and leaving the scene for some reason). Usually this type of bug leads to the death of one of the Razor team members and kills the mission from that point.

In my opinion, I cannot see the scense of killing the mission if one of the other Razor team members dies. All this does is force you to play the mission Rambo style as one against the world, with the rest of Razor team somewhere safe, because some member always gets himself killed due to not following orders or something else.

I must admit that I haven't been game enough to try the multiplayer servers yet due to not being able to get a proper handle on all the controls, menus, etc.

In the abscence of a complete user manual, it would be very helpful if there could be a menu structure diagram (flow chart style) produced that showed the menu functionality through the game.

Cheers,

Luke

Hi, I've only just got the game, but I have suffered problems in boot camp both before and after the patch (I played it while the patch was downloading) where you just stand still and can't move - mainly on the medical section, but also elsewhere.

I also had a problem where I ran the assault course but it wouldn't acknowledge that I'd finished it even though I was nose to nose with the instructor after he told me to run back. I think that might have been before applying the patch though.

Failing that, I've been impressed with Arma 2 and I'm glad we still have developers out there who care about their fanbase (I bought OpFp:DR, thinking it was the sequel to the first game which I'd heard good things about... which it isn't).

Hi. I'll save the ingame bugs I've noticed for one of the other threads ;)

I'm running the Steam version (that's patched to 1.04 I believe?), the only thing I can compare it to is the demo, that didn't run well for me at all. Stability seems good overall, except:

- Occasional app freeze when you do ALT+TAB, I was switching to the manual a lot when I first started playing and hit this crash quite a few times. Sometimes holding ALT+TAB down will make it respond again but sometimes only a full restart will do it. I always pause the game when I switch to another window, I run ArmA mainly in windowed mode now because of this.

- CTD on one of the early missions (Razor 2 I think), after about 5 mins of play the game would CTD - no warning, no stuttering or other problems, just crash without warning. Reverting to earlier save cured this, wasn't a graphics issue as it happened either on low or high graphics, framerate was good at the time.

- Had a couple of corrupted savegames (mainly the autosaves), deleting those from the savegames folder fixes it, otherwise game crashes when it tries to load them.

- Had a graphics corruption bug about twice, both times when going into the menus. Game freezes and everything is garbled up and different colours, then I get a CTD and a Windows crash box saying my graphics drivers had stopped working and to restart my computer :confused:. As far as I can tell, it's not my gfx card, it was running under 50 degrees both times and it never happens ingame, only in the menus.

I'm running a Core Duo 3.15GHz, BFG 9800GTX+ 1GB, 4GB of Kingston, Win XP Pro if any of that helps :thumbsup:

Edited by 5hero

As for stability alone, Arma2 has always been rock solid on my XP system. Friends with bigger and faster hardware and Win7, can get several crashes per session. I *do* have the occasional CTD, but they are extremely rare.

Vista64 and maybe less than 10 CTD's since 1.01, I find a well balanced system works well... too many ppl have one or two hugely over-powered component in their PC and I believe it causes them issues... maybe bottlenecks screw with A2!?

This is my little baby....

Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP2

ASUS Striker II Formula nForce 780i SLI

Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz OC @ 4GHz

2x2GB Corsair Dominator @ 1066

WD 320GB and 640GB Caviar Blue

GTX 260-216SP 896MB OC

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio

And A2 runs like a dream on my PC