Sign in to follow this  
Ludovico Technique

Monsters, zombies and so on

Okay, i`ll make a video preview later.

Island infection now works perfectly.

All zombies end up at the player`s position after 3 hours of infecting the whole island of Chernarus (i put him on a roof).

Map markers plot the infection zone and time of the incident (can be disabled by global variable too).

1256914719036159100.jpg

1256914654039209000.jpg

1256914765069370500.jpg

Charon: omg, thats the sickest thing I've seen for A2 so far :) can't wait to put my team (12-15 members) in one of these missions :)

Brilliant :) after a civvie become infected, does it change sides? become hostyle to everybody? etc.. Just wondering what happen if you put some soldier in the mix ;)

I don`t want to mess with animations, if there is anyone who is up to making some custom Romero-style animations for this, i can include it as an optional style. Right now they move more like infected and the presence of an antidote suggests that it is an infection.

Wasn't there a 'Zed' animation *cough* NeMeSiS *choke* in A1 that might be able to be ported over? Have no idea of the differences in A1 and A2 ani's besides IK inclusion.. Big enough diff there though. :o

Wasn't there a 'Zed' animation *cough* NeMeSiS *choke* in A1 that might be able to be ported over? Have no idea of the differences in A1 and A2 ani's besides IK inclusion.. Big enough diff there though. :o

I just used the default 'throw grenade' animation, i didnt even have to speed it up.

I found it funny that noone complained about it, but apparently noone even noticed. :p

EDIT: Or do you mean that walking animation? I didnt make that, cant remember who released it to be honest.

EDIT2: His tag was TCP, i dont know who that is. :p

Edited by NeMeSiS

teaCup, he made some very nice straddle and low jump animations in the same pack. Would love to see that jump in ArmA 2 also, for those 1 foot walls that don't qualify for a full stop and step over.

@ NeMeSiS & Scrub:

Ah i thought those animations were proprietary. Man and woman skeleton are different though, but maybe there is a way to set these up for Arma2 skeletons.

Have never done that, see if it works somehow.

There is tons of mocap data out there. Hooked a couple of those up to MAYA skeletons when i did some 3D stuff, but not sure if there is any way to convert fbx or whatever format to rtm.

@Uglyboy: Every killed human is replaced by an exact copy of it with zombie textures and different config and will then belong to the "zombie side" which happens to be resistance and yes they are inimical FOR everybody (as in considered enemies) and their scripted behaviour is inimical TO everybody.

Should unarmed human AI try to escape the zombies when they identify them? Maybe also with knows about. It looks a bit strange that they just stand there right next to a group of zombies shredding another citizen and don`t try to run. They could try to hide in buildings maybe ?

The answer is yes.

Zombie Animations in ArmA 2

Yes, the zombie animations work fine in ArmA 2.

When we can expect first relase of yours great work? :)

What do you need to get the mod done?

Oh man I hope to see a zombie mod release soon. ArmA2 atmosphere is next to perfect for big zombie coops.

Okay, a first video preview of a zombie mission in Chernogorsk.

Scripts are working fine now, the remaining weaknesses are attributed to engine limitations and are therefore unavoidable.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNpSvG5AX9w&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNpSvG5AX9w&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

nice video this will keep me entertained until L4D2 comes out :D

Sweet stuff Charon :)

Can't wait for the alpha release, will make my friend try it out too :D

Good job :)

Would be even better without the silly radio messages and the awful beeps ;)

Malick

@Malick: There is actually an addon that suppresses the excessive radio messages, it has been written by Lester.

It inspired me to suppress the Zombies from talking out loud their group commands in whatever language because it sounded odd.

The control scripts have just been optimized for maximally fast performance and they are hunting the player down real good and close now.

Another preview with the zombies in focus to show some of them:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlafwSacBHU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlafwSacBHU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So let me get this straight, If you place the Ambiant Civilian Module with this addon and an infected unit, they go around infecting everything they kill, and the people who are infected join the infected side thus hunting down entities that are on the opposing teams and the player him/herself? Please correct me if im wrong

So let me get this straight, If you place the Ambiant Civilian Module with this addon and an infected unit, they go around infecting everything they kill, and the people who are infected join the infected side thus hunting down entities that are on the opposing teams and the player him/herself? Please correct me if im wrong

Limited to one city that is exactly what this does.

One infected unit placed in the city and the rest wil become infected pretty soon and hunt every human AI/player units on the map as long as they know anything about them. That means you are safe when you manage to hide in the forest where there is no infected around. They will preferably go to the cities to search for humans.

Civilian, unarmed AI units will also run away if another civilian in their vicinity is being attacked.

This is more realistic, but also a bit harder for the infected to catch them ;)

However the Ambient Civilian Module has a few disadvantages concerning the spreading of the virus across the whole map. From what i think it constantly produces new civilians when the first ones are dead and the zombie script only issues the command to search other towns when the town they are in is entirely without humans.

It is maybe possible to script a hunting squad script that just send one group out to infect other towns while the others go on hunt the town they are already in. Until now this has not been implemented because it is more scriptology than it already is.

Also the civilians are "invisibly in their house" for some time. I have scripted already that they are no valid target as long as they are inside their door vehicle. You can put that to 100% outside though.

Edited by Charon Productions

Damn it guyzz!..

You can say that i m too optimistic..but from MY pov ..i fore-see THIS Z-mod will

get "FAR deeper" in scenario possibilities and A.I reactions than past Z-mods!!.

My humble suggestion of course is the player's random possibility to encounter limited numbers (0-xx) of infected between cities or villages (as the logic says..)

Keep up the AWESOME work and plz..dont keep us wait 2-2-2-.. long :)

Wait so is this editor friendly? I.e... I can just pop down a zombie unit, make me a player, then away I go without any funky scripting? Looks great by the way.

Wait so is this editor friendly? I.e... I can just pop down a zombie unit, make me a player, then away I go without any funky scripting? Looks great by the way.

No funky scripting from your side required. The addon itself is o.c. highly scripted.

Like you said: You put the "UNDEAD" module on the map, 1 zombie, as many humans as you want and lastly the player(s). That`s the minimum requirement.

If mission makers desire to move the zombies themselves with scripted commands or waypoints there will be a global variable to disable their pathfinding for the time they are moved (If that should be anywhere else than they would naturally look for prey)

Zombie Animations in ArmA 2

Yes, the zombie animations work fine in ArmA 2.

What about implementing this?

You can use the 2 different animations for walk and run, that will make the zombies use two slow movement as run will be slower than normal. Then you use sprint as run and they will run after us.

Edited by andersson