Sign in to follow this  
nzdfcrash

Drunken Ai Pilots :/

hey guys im having some really bad issues with the c130h hercs ive been working on and ive tried just about everything to try fix the issue, ive tried altering and adding a new envelope in the config, altered flight variables (speed,pitch,elevation etc) and also tried in the model itself altering the mass and geo to no avail. Any one able to help me with this somewhat frustrating issue? I just want to get them flying on approach without rocking side to side and now not taking off when controlled by the ai with their superior intellect :p.

churs crash out

I expirenced simular but mainly on the smaller slower aircraft but no problems with take off.

As for a fix, I have none yet. Maybe one day when we get some vehicle sample mlods we may find the answer.

having same problem with C130. I just start them flying, but man, they turn off of the drop point if they even see an enemy. In my mission, I had two fly over and drop troops, and crates, and even a Hummer.

Like clockwork, they did well. Then suddenly, I moved a waypoint just a tad, and now they turn off and do whatever they want.

Hi,

As first aid-solution, there is a simple method for temporarily restricting the roll of an airplane by scripting.

_dir = getdir plane;
while {true} do
{
plane setdir _dir;
sleep 0.01;
};

With the setdir command, specifying direction of an airplane is always continued.

However, this command is horizontally returned in passing even to the angle of the plane.

As another method,

while {true} do
{
_dir = getdir plane;
_angle  = asin((vectordir plane) select 2);
_pitch = 0;

_vecux = cos(_dir) * cos(_angle) * sin(_pitch);
_vecuy = sin(_dir) * cos(_angle) * -sin(_pitch);
_vecuz = cos(_angle) * cos(_pitch);

plane setVectorDirAndUp [ vectordir plane, [_vecux,_vecuy,_vecuz] ];

sleep 0.01;
};

The setVectorDirAndUp command is used and setting the pitch roll of an airplane to 0 is continued.

Unless an airplane becomes perpendicular, it will succeed.