Sign in to follow this  
silola

DAC V2.1 (WIP) discussion

Hi :)

Yesterday evening I've created the final DAC V3 PBO (DAC_Source.pbo),

but the whole other stuff ist not ready (Examples & readme (ger+eng))

and I need some more days or maybe weeks to complete the package.

Info for insider:

The solution to individually configure the DAC, is the following:

- Place the DAC logic as "DAC_intern"

DAC will use the intern config files (the configs within the pbo = standard). Your mission has no DAC content.

- Place the DAC logic as "DAC_extern"

DAC will use the conig files within your "mission\DAC" folder. Your mission has a "DAC" folder with all DAC_Config files.

- Place the DAC logic as "DAC_intern" & add some text into the init line

DAC will use the intern config files, with the option to use a single ore more DAC_Config file(s) within your mission folder.

Your mission has one ore more single DAC_Config files within the mission root folder.

Example init line: DAC_Single_Configs = ["Creator","Units","Objects"]

There is also the DAC_Sounds pbo, which contains the DAC say sounds and the DAC radio sounds

which can optionally be used, and is currently only for the side 'WEST' available (the radio sounds).

The radio sounds are from another game. I have modified all these files, but I do not know if I can release them :-/

The radio sound is triggered by certain DAC events and the volume can be adjusted individually by a few parameters.

Furthermore, there is again a couple of new global parameters and a few changes or enhancements:

- DAC_Activate_Sound = true

If you want to use the DAC_Sound.pbo

- DAC_Direct_Start = true

If you want to initialize the DAC without any DAC zones inside the mission.

This can be used, if you want to create some DAC zones during the mission,

or if you want to create some object zones only.

- DAC_Auto_UnitCount = [8,10]

Here you can define (for certain zones) the number of certain categories of units, is dynamically adjusted to the count of player units (MP only).

Example:

You have defined a big DAC zone, where 16 infantry groups should be generated.

These 16 groups will be valid for 6 players.

For every player who is more or less present, DAC can dynamicly increase or decrease the number of groups by a certain percentage.

DAC_Auto_UnitCount = [6,10] // DAC generates 16 groups with 6 players, and increased or reduced this count by 10% per player

means...

6 Player = 16 groups

9 Player = 21 groups (16 + (3 x 10%))

3 Player = 11 groups (16 - (3 x 10%))

- DAC_Player_Support = [10,[10,2000,3]]

Define how much Arti support (count overall) the player can call.

Define also how much Ground support the player can call,

in witch max range and how many groups gives support simultaneously.

You can call support (Arti and Ground) for each position.

(This is only the beginning of a new DAC_Support_Modul, but it's only my plan for the future)

- And still other little things that I have forgotten ;)

Greeting

Silola

Here is an old bug in v2.0, maybe it worth checking:

is it possible to create the DAC zone mission started or the dac zone must be created when mission start ? (is it possible to create the dac zone via script during the mission not in this editor)

I think to VTS

Great news Silola!!!

I have no problem what so ever to wait for you finnishing of readme and tutorial.

I remember your last pack and the tutorials/readme was very proffesional and good to have.

I think I've used this only one time before, but now its right again::yay:

THX :)

is it possible to create the DAC zone mission started or the dac zone must be created when mission start ? (is it possible to create the dac zone via script during the mission not in this editor)

yes, yes and yes :D

DAC_Source.pbo

Hi Silola :)

Quick question - does the use of a PBO introduce a DAC addon dependancy into the mission for clients? Or is there still the possibility of a script-based solution only?

Hi DMarkwick :)

My plan is to release the pbo version only.

But why u ask about this?

Can u give me any reason or example.

Maybe I can help you ;)

Greeting

Silola

Maybe I can help you ;)

Greeting

Silola

He wants to know if you -- for example, when you create a MP mission with DAC -- then need the addon to use this mission. That'd be not too good for MP playing, as everyone has to install one more pbo then, it's easier when the scripts just all reside in the mission file.

Maybe I can help you ;)

Greeting

Silola

There's not a problem, just asking :) I'm wondering if the PBO will need to be installed on client's machines in order for DAC to work. I guess people will need to know in order to mention it in their mission's list of required addons for example.

There's not a problem, just asking

Good to hear ;)

I'm wondering if the PBO will need to be installed on client's machines in order for DAC to work.

Yes, all machines (incl. the server) needs the DAC_Source.pbo (875kb)

and if necessary even the DAC_Sound.pbo (6.078kb) :)

I think the size of the pbo's is reasonable.

Greeting

Silola

@raedor: wow...you alive :D

I have a comment. That addon goes into my teams YAS-server asap :D

He wants to know if you -- for example, when you create a MP mission with DAC -- then need the addon to use this mission. That'd be not too good for MP playing, as everyone has to install one more pbo then, it's easier when the scripts just all reside in the mission file.

This. I was hoping for a scripts only version. :(

Still, I'll be able to make use of this. The hard work is still appreciated regardless :yay:

I have a question Silola.

Is it possible with the new version that you can make the (multiplayer) mission scalable via DAC?

Example: If you play with 3 player, there are 10 groups on patrol. If you play with 10 player, there are 30 groups on patrol.

The amount of groups that are activated depends on the amount of (human) player plays the mission. Possible or may already implemented?

You know what I mean?

Because it is always hard when you have a mission which is designed for 10 player and then you want to play it with only 2 player and it is too hard and you have to edit the mission first.

Or the other way around. You have a mission which is designed for 2 player and you want to play it with 10 player and it is too easy and you have to edit it and add units/groups.

:)

I have a question Silola.

Is it possible with the new version that you can make the (multiplayer) mission scalable via DAC?

Example: If you play with 3 player, there are 10 groups on patrol. If you play with 10 player, there are 30 groups on patrol.

The amount of groups that are activated depends on the amount of (human) player plays the mission. Possible or may already implemented?

You know what I mean?

Because it is always hard when you have a mission which is designed for 10 player and then you want to play it with only 2 player and it is too hard and you have to edit the mission first.

Or the other way around. You have a mission which is designed for 2 player and you want to play it with 10 player and it is too easy and you have to edit it and add units/groups.

:)

If you'll allow me to quote Silola from several posts back:

- DAC_Auto_UnitCount = [8,10]

Here you can define (for certain zones) the number of certain categories of units, is dynamically adjusted to the count of player units (MP only).

Example:

You have defined a big DAC zone, where 16 infantry groups should be generated.

These 16 groups will be valid for 6 players.

For every player who is more or less present, DAC can dynamicly increase or decrease the number of groups by a certain percentage.

DAC_Auto_UnitCount = [6,10] // DAC generates 16 groups with 6 players, and increased or reduced this count by 10% per player

means...

6 Player = 16 groups

9 Player = 21 groups (16 + (3 x 10%))

3 Player = 11 groups (16 - (3 x 10%))

Thanks DMarkwick :)

I have tried to insert this feature as simple as possible.

Normally, the call for a unit category (e.g. infantry) looks like this:

[16,3,60,8] = 16 groups of infantry (group size = 3, 60 waypoints total, 8 waypoints for each group).

Do you want that the 16 infantry groups are dynamically calculated, depending on the number of players, it looks like this:

["16",3,60,8] = dynamic count of groups (group size = 3, 60 waypoints total, 8 waypoints for each group).

The number of groups will set as a string, rather than as an integer. That's all.

And as I said, this function can be set for each zone and each unit category separately.

Greeting

Silola

HI Silola,

I check the thread every day no it seems with the hope that this has finally been released, I am sure you are sick of the uestion but I am going to ask, any idea how much longer we will have to wait?

Sorry, but I can not say anything concrete, because every day I have different motivation, and every day I have a different amount of time left.

Silola

( Dear God, give me patience ... immediately ;) )

Dear God, give me patience ... immediately ;)

You have enough patience (i think):)