Sign in to follow this  
rundll.exe

Vehicle towing script

Just a little update:

Im working on MP support, but its quite complicated, and im not really experienced in MP coding. Allmost everything works, except the attach action menu :)

Keep tuned.

Just a little update:

Im working on MP support, but its quite complicated, and im not really experienced in MP coding. Allmost everything works, except the attach action menu :)

Keep tuned.

Thank You! :D

I wish there was Salah, but unfortunately the boundingbox function in Arma doesn't work at all, and for best visual result the axis positions need to be tweaked by hand anyway.

There isn't much progress now btw since I dont have the time, so MP has to wait a bit. It's a bitch to test also....

Allmost everything works, except the attach action menu

Try using the MP framework. Include the Functions module and then (example)

waitUntil {!isNil "BIS_MPF_InitDone"};
waitUntil {BIS_MPF_InitDone};
0=[nil,_ve,rADDACTION,"Text","script.sqf",_arguments,_priority,_showWindow,_hideOnUse,_shortcut,_condition] call RE;

_ve is the vehicle where addAction should be performed on all clients. The other arguments are the same as the original. Read MP for more. A little MP scripting I'm doing these days here and some hints for fast MP testing (needs updates).

Hi i'm trying to towing the m119.I'm noob with scripting so i simply changed the line of MH60 by replacing it whit that of 119.Now when i use the towtractor and i'm near the m119 i'm able to see the command attach vehicle(when attached also detach) the problem is that the m119 doesn't move,or better it moves but only on his axis,i'm not able to move it from the place i've put him on the editor...How can i solve this problem and make the cannon follow me?(i'm so sorry for my bad english)

Thats a known bug, with some static objects, i haven been able to fix yet. Dont really have time to continue work on this, sorry. If you find a solution be sure to let me know :)

question for you guys, do any of you know if you can "keymap" attach and detach vehicle? i wanna put this on a joystick button so i don thave to go into the wheel menu each time and accidently eject or shut off engine lol...

Yes it works on the LHD, but planes act a little jumpy there. IT doesnt look that nice but it is verry functional, putting the planes in the right place for take-off for example

Hi RUNDLL, do you remeber me? :P So I'm still working on my mission but I've got some problem with your script: on land it work fine, not in MP only in single :( I hope you can develope the multiplayer version soon!, but on the LHD the planes-helicopters jump 2 or 3 times and then explodes! How I can fix it? This is very big problem for me because I need this script for this mission :butbut:

EDIT: I found the problem... an error in the init of an airplane, this is the init:

this setPosASL [getPosASL this select 0, getPosASL this select 1, 18]; launch = [this] execVM "launch\system.sqf"; call {[] execVM "Arrestinggear.sqf";}; this addAction ["ILS 11","ilsproIII.sqf",[loc11,airport11,"Krasnostav","Rwy 11","ILS 11"]]; this addAction ["ILS USS Baatan","ilsproIIba.sqf",[loc0,airport0,"USS Bataan","Deck","ILS Deck"]];

:yay::bounce3:

Edited by M3th0s

Nice you fixed it :)

and I did do some work on MP, but it didnt really work the way I wanted (actions dont broadcast properly) but I dont have the will and power at the moment to fix this, since the game runs horrible on Windows 7 for me, there is no fun anymore in the game for me.

I hope one day some scripting guru comes, and fixes the small problems for me :P It shouldnt be too hard

Don't say this! I love your work in ArmA 2, without your script the carrier is useless... You spent a lot of time in this work so I hope you finish it... maybe not now. I think a lot of modders/makers have got this problem, for example Fortran:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=83459

he has done a good job with the F117 but after Alpha release he stopped (I think) work on it, me too, 2 months ago, but now I come back to my work and I feel power! :asd:

By the way I've got Win7 too but the game runs normal.... Yes: it can runs better but it's ArmA... -.-

So don't demoralized yourself! :D

I wish I could... As long as the game doesnt run normally, the fun is over.

Is there anyway you can get AI to use this? Maybe like using waypoints telling AI where to pick up and drop off?

I think the reason there are problems with the carrier is because it's a building. Or at least the game sees it as a building. Thats why AI cant do much on it. It's not looked at as a usable runway.

Thanks

Hey, noob here,

whenever i try to add new vehicles to the config list, the towing stops working with any of the original list, and it won't work at all. can someone tell me how to add new vehicles without corrupting the scripts? Currently, i'm editing with nnotepad, copying the values for say the A10, pasting this a line below and changing the name. What am i doin wrong?

Thanks!

That should work, but make sure when you save it, it keeps the sqf extension. Also double check if you didnt miss a " ] or ; anywhere. Also its easier to put a line inbetween the others so you dont have to mess with the termination of the matrix.

When you say changeing the name, you should replace it with the Classname of the new vehicle, not the displayname, but im sure you knew that ;)

Can you make this script working in OA? The planes I attaching to my towing tractor getting destroyed at once.

Hey guys sorry to dig up the old thread but i got a question which i cant solve it, How Do I add in more objects for the towing tractor to tow? im using alot of jet mods (example F16, F15, F22 n so on . .) but i really got no idea how to add them into the config O_o

This is the list of script i saw in the config and im unsure where to find the script command for my jet mods. Can someone tell me what are those [0-2] nil and false/true thingy?

//set nil for not set

//if front axis AND wheels is defined (not nil), it can be towed)

//if back axis is defined, it can tow other items

//0 classname or base class - 1 front axis offset - 2 wheel offset - 3 back axis offset - 4 static (bool)

dll_tow_defs = [["TowingTractor", nil, nil, [0.25, -2], false],

["Tractor", nil, nil, [0, -2.3], false],

["HMMWV_Base", nil, nil, [0, -2.5], false],

["UAZ_Base", nil, nil, [0, -2.5], false],

["Land_loco_742_blue", [0,8.2],[0,-3], [0,-7], true],

["Land_wagon_flat", [0,8.2],[0,-3], [0,-8.7], true],

["Land_wagon_tanker", [0,5.65],[0,-3], [0,-7], true],

["Land_wagon_box", [0,5.65],[0,-3], [0,-7], true],

["PowGen_Big", [0,-5], [0,0], nil, true],

["Ural_Base_withTurret",[0,5.5],[0,-3], [0, -4], false],

["MTVR", [0,5.5],[0,-1.5], [0, -4], false],

["Kamaz_Base", [0,5.5],[0,-1.5], [0, -4], false],

["Mi24_Base ", [0,9], [0,-1], nil, false],

["A10", [0,8], [0,-1], nil, false],

["AV8B2", [0,7.5],[0,-1], nil, false],

["MH60S", [0,-9], [0,-1], nil, false],

["Mi17_base", [0,8], [0,0], nil, false],

["Mi17_rockets_RU", [0,8.5],[0,0], nil, false],

["F35B", [0,7], [0,-3.5], nil, false],

["Su39", [0,5.5],[0,-1], nil, false],

["Su34", [0,6], [0,-2], nil, false],

["Pchela1T", [0,2], [0,-1], nil, false],

["MQ9PredatorB", [0,5.5],[0,-1], nil, false],

["USEC_MAULE", [0,-6], [0,1], nil, false],

["C130J", [0,15], [0,-5], nil, false]];

This is the list of script i saw in the config and im unsure where to find the script command for my jet mods. Can someone tell me what are those [0-2] nil and false/true thingy?

It says: 4 - static (bool as in true/false) - tracking positions as it would seem.

nil means undescribed (n/a) / void.

PS: What's the proper way of "attach to" via vehicle init or script for a specific unit? The scripts scan for targets, when I don't want the action, it needs to be automatic.

Edited by sparcdr

I think I explained this 2 pages back: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1481671&postcount=73

I didnt work on A2 scrips for more then a year so forgive me that I cant answer this directly

PS: What's the proper way of "attach to" via vehicle init or script for a specific unit? The scripts scan for targets, when I don't want the action, it needs to be automatic.

I think you can init it manually if you look at the searching script andh ow its done there. out of my head you have to run an init on both vehicles and make sure they are close enough (or they will bounce together)

The action is working on dedicated server but the only problem is that when you detach the attached vehicle it returns to its original position. Shame. This script is awesome.

I think I explained this 2 pages back: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1481671&postcount=73

I didnt work on A2 scrips for more then a year so forgive me that I cant answer this directly

I think you can init it manually if you look at the searching script andh ow its done there. out of my head you have to run an init on both vehicles and make sure they are close enough (or they will bounce together)

Hello my friend. Great job! Anyways i m trying to add this action to aircraft i have downloaded online. I m having some problems. What m i doing wrong? do you think you could walk my through. Another thing I notice on your sample mission that one or two aircraft does not have the action for towing neither. The MIG is one . Please help me out ! thx

I think all the planes have an action in the sample mission, but some might be tricky to find. Try driving backwards under the nose.

Other than the post link you quoted, there is not much more to say. You just have to fiddle with the positions a bit, to find a nice coupling position.

How do i make the debug work? I set it to true but i don't see any difference? By the way are you working on updating the script? It is a really good script and it serve a really good function. Good Job and keep it up! ;)

Ok i was able to make the MV22 work. But there is a problem i want to be able to town in when the rotors are folded. i have tried and it got damaged any ideas? I only ask because i need to tow all the helis when they are folded. let me know.

here is the MV22 if you want to update your script or if someone needs it. :) ["MV22", [0,11], [0,1], nil, false],

Edited by Odyseus