Sign in to follow this  
NeMeSiS

NEM_AIfix: 1.02 AI sensitivityvalues restored

By popular request: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=9aed00b8bb3e62c27f7ec40ada4772a6e04e75f6e8ebb871 (The 16kb file)

NEM AIfix - ArmAholic mirror

This addon restores the Sensitivity and SensitivityEar values back to what they were in 1.02.

(Sensitivity was halved, SensitivityEar 90% less*)

Dont forget you installed this addon, it could conflict with AI tweaks in the future which could give unwanted results.

*IIRC

EDIT:This version is not as clean as i wanted, but i am not really sure what happened with the first version, anyways, it does what it is supposed to. Basically its infantry only. Some other changes were made in 1.03 as well but i actually agree with these. (I made it for myself anyways. ;) )

EDIT2:

Guide to tweak sensitivity yourself:

unPBO the addon

Open config.cpp with notepad

Change the Sensitivity value under CAManBase to

sensitivity = "1 *3";

Now press edit->replace

If you want to descrease all the values with 20% do the following:

Search for:

sensitivity = "1 *

Replace with:

sensitivity = "0.8 *

Change the SensitivityEar values under CAManBase to whatever you want.

Save

rePBO

***Yes, i did not include a modifier for the value under CAManBase. :p

Edited by NeMeSiS

Out of interest, anyone know why were they decreased in the first place? Anyway, nice job at bringing the values back.

Actually more values were changed - is it intentional only to revert these?

1.02 config: http://pastebin.jonasscholz.de/243

1.03/1.04 config: http://pastebin.jonasscholz.de/244

Save both to txt file and compare with compareIt.

Never noticed since i only checked regular units. :p

Updating, link should be back up Soon Within now and a 2012 now.

Edited by NeMeSiS

So just straight back to 1.02?

I remembered you couldnt do any sneaking at all with it. As in unrealistic spider senses by the AI. I think since 1.03 its ridiculous ofcourse with AI seemingly wearing ipod full volume and very very dark sunglasses, and when the glasses go off they are all short sighted lol.

But nothing in between-ish? Lots of tweaking i guess.

Thanks though. Will test this one out. :)

Alex

Yes, I would like something in between too, if that's possible, although I'll probably use this one now.

Edited by nicolas_br

Pardon my ignorance, but what does this addon does? sensitivityEar seems self explanatory... but can we have a definite definition?

Pardon my ignorance, but what does this addon does? sensitivityEar seems self explanatory... but can we have a definite definition?

Brings the sensitivity back to 1.02 where AI could sense you very easy. It got very dumbed down after 1.03. But i think 1.02 was a bit hardcore. Sneaking on the ground 200 meters behind an AI and he knew you were there kinda stuff. And the hearing is just that. That they hear your footsteps, vehicles etc etc over longer distances.

But Nemesis gave explanation to change it to personal taste.

is it just me or do the AI hit and react really good in 1.04, I might call it a bit too good, dont like when I have a sniper, and shoot a single shot on a squad on 500+ meters, and they just turn round and fire rounds, without any kind of scanning the area. they just turn and fire their AK and are hitting within a few meters of me.

I like it, I remember a test mission I made long ago and the firefight starts really far. Now I can have that far away engagements again :)

Thanks Nemesis

is it just me or do the AI hit and react really good in 1.04, I might call it a bit too good, dont like when I have a sniper, and shoot a single shot on a squad on 500+ meters, and they just turn round and fire rounds, without any kind of scanning the area. they just turn and fire their AK and are hitting within a few meters of me.

I would advise you to just lower the AIskill. Use custom settings, not the 'regular/veteran/...' options and balance it in such a way that you think its realistic/playable.

How about something in between? I was among those thinking in 1.02 they were too good. But in 1.04 they are too blind.