Sign in to follow this  
scorcher24

Need new Tank-Game

I played it,cause lot of trouble for me while playing.at last novalogic try there best.

Novalogic had a game from like way back when about Armor. I think it was called Armor Fury or something of the nature

Armored Fist, they made 3. They were decent in their day.

T72: Balkans on Fire is ok, it has decent graphics and controls but is severely let down by the campaign side of things. It feels more like a tech demo with a few missions than a complete game.

I've heard that Kharkov 1942 game is much better but haven't tried it myself. As far as tanks go I was always pretty content with RO's tank battles, they weren't the height of realism but were realistic enough to have skill and understanding of the concepts play a big part.

The Combat Mission series, while not dedicated tank sims, are always good for some excellent tank action. I sometimes just play random generated maps with light wooding and medium hilliness tank only against friends. The contrast in style you have to use when playing CMBB in say late 43 with Russian against German is always interesting.

Edited by TheReddog

I'm surprised nobody has made a dedicated tank sim on the consoles. Console control systems are surprisingly similar to the controls for a tank, and I'm sure a console could run a pretty decent tank sim, definitely on a par with anything from the PC market, most examples of which are pretty old. Would also mean money to be made, which interests some developers. Tanks themselves also lend themselves to console players because they are basically sixty ton piles of violence on tracks. Sure there is tactics and skill at the high end, but for the casual player there's driving through a building and hosing plebs with the coax.

I've heard that Kharkov 1942 game is much better but haven't tried it myself.
-

Perfect game. I suggest.