Sign in to follow this  
Frizen

How to take off fast?

Hello guys :)

I want to take off with C-130, but he little slowly for my runway.

How can I get my throttle to go faster then it is?

Thank you :D

The C-130 can only take of from the large Airport near Vybor.

The C-130 can only take of from the large Airport near Vybor.

... without a script:) you could speed it up with the setvelocity command. but dont ask me how to do that:icon_wink:

ProkyJack, how do you take off with A-10 from carrier?

(It's not need to be realistic).

Frizen, search for the catapult addon for carrier takeoffs. It's actually pretty fun.

Make sure you accelerate with E key (full throttle) and try to put stick a bit down so it gains speed faster. Thats about it.

Maby you don't understand me.

Here a video, I want to do something like this but not on the carrier:

Frizen, search ...

Or let someone stupid like me write you a script (The heck with it, just for the fun of scripting)

Goes into the init line of the plane:

this addaction ["boost", "boost.sqf"];

boost.sqf:

private["_valid","_plane","_vel","_boost_interval",

"_max_velocity","_boost_factor","_vector","_x","_y","_z","_dir"];

_boost_interval = 0.5; // in sec.

_max_velocity = 130; // in meter/sec. good bet: (config max speed)/3.6

_boost_factor = 1.5;

_valid = true;

_plane = _this select 0;

if(player != driver _plane) then {

_valid = false;

hint "You're not the pilot";

} else {

if(fuel _plane < 0.01) then {

_valid = false;

hint "Not enough fuel";

} else {

if(getpos _plane select 2 > 5) then {

_valid = false;

hint "You've already taken off";

};

};

};

if(_valid) then {

_plane vehiclechat format ["Boosting your %1", typeof _plane];

_vel = velocity _plane;

_vector = sqrt((_vel select 0)^2 + (_vel select 1)^2 + (_vel select 2)^2);

while {_vector < _max_velocity} do {

_dir = getDir _plane;

_x = (_vel select 0) * _boost_factor * (sin _dir);

_y = (_vel select 1) * _boost_factor * (cos _dir);

_z = abs((_vel select 2) * _boost_factor);

_plane setVelocity [_x, _y, _z];

sleep _boost_interval;

_vel = velocity _plane;

_vector = sqrt((_vel select 0)^2 + (_vel select 1)^2 + (_vel select 2)^2);

};

_plane vehiclechat "Shuting booster off";

};

Play around with the variables _boost_interval , _max_velocity and _boost_factor to get the desired results.

Edited by dengibtsschon

First, TNX :P

Sec, the scrip is not work good, the plane can't move so I edited you'r script but now the plane jump high or just destroy :(

What do you mean with "the plane can't move"?

I tested it in ArmA1 (dont have ArmA2) with a slow and fast plane (Camel and Su34) and worked for me.

First accelerate normally a bit then activate the script and you have to pull up yourself.

Your script multiplies the starting velocity, rather than add to it, which causes very weird behavior. Instead, each iteration of the loop should get the vehicle's current velocity and set a new velocity to old velocity plus acceleration value / interval.

Do you want music to go along with the script? LOL j/k.

It might be more efficient to just write a general purpose afterburner script (or boost mode in case of a C-130). Just have it burn up fuel and actually use the maxspeed from the vehicle config plus extra speed when AB is on. Have it keep running until its toggled off.

I'll try to do something like this once I figure out the setVelocity command.

I think the purpose was more to be able to take off from the "dirt" runways that slow you down way more than they probably should.

Right, but in essence what you end up with is boost mode or afterburner, so why not go all out as long as its kept realistic.

PROPER project CarsFasterOffroad uses vehicle config for terrainCoef to make dirt not slow you down so much at least in wheeled vehicles. I wonder if this could be used on the aircraft.

Edited by tcp

Because C130Js don't have afterburners, but BIS did put some sh*t values on the movement speed when driving on those runways, and this needs to be compensated for if you ever want to take off from them. Besides, on high speeds using a constant acceleration value would be pretty messed up even if the game's flight model isn't as bad as I think it is.

You could do something as simple as put setVelocity x,y,z command in a waypoint halfway down the runway in the on activation area. y is North south, x is east west, just use negative values for west and south. combine them for other vectors.

For example MyC130 setVelocity [-150, 150, 10] would make the plane named MyC130 go NorthWest with a little bump up into the air too when it hits the waypoint.

vehicle setVelocity [x, y, z]

Its an instant JATO rocket :)

Edited by Deathcon5
typo

They dont?

LOL, I am pretty sure they have Boost/Overdrive mode.

The catapult script allow a fast take off from every airport... It work with the carrier and other surfaces... just set Direction and hight of airport.

But this isn't realistic... if you want NOS in C130 like the video I can't help you:biggrin_o:

They dont?

LOL, I am pretty sure they have Boost/Overdrive mode.

Yep, I wrote a JATO script for C-130s in my Domination mod, 'cause I wanted to be able to land and takeoff from the two grass airfields.

It's pretty simple, and still kind of rough (more a proof of concept, will rewrite it later), but I like the effect. Works great for my needs; I just need to add flames and smoke now. :D

_vehicle = vehicle player;
if(typeof _vehicle != "C130J") exitWith {"Wrong vehicle type for JATO" call XfDebugChat; }; //just in case
if(!isNil "d_jato_time" && d_jato_time > time) exitWith{format["Cannot use JATO again for %1 seconds.",ceil (d_jato_time-time)] call XfGlobalChat;};

_speed = 2; //Added speed;
_c =0;
waitUntil{
_vel = velocity _vehicle;
_dir = direction _vehicle;
_vehicle setVelocity [(_vel select 0)+(sin _dir*_speed),(_vel select 1)+ (cos _dir*_speed),(_vel select 2)];
_c = _c+0.5;
sleep 0.1;
_c >= 10};

d_jato_time = time + 300;

You will probably need to remove the XfDebugChat and XfGlobalChat calls unless you are running Domination (and even then remove XfDebugChat, as that function is specific to my map). You can also increase the _speed variable if you want it to go faster, or change up _c a bit to make it "burn" longer.

It is also on a timer, as I only want players to use it sparingly, i.e. when taking off.

Edited by MH6

Just to clarify, don't confuse NOS with side-attached rockets and that's different from what I am referring to and all propeller planes have.

At the expense of fuel and only temporarily, you can overtax the engines for more power. If you needed to take off from a short runway, I am sure it would be used.

Just to clarify, don't confuse NOS with side-attached rockets and that's different from what I am referring to and all propeller planes have.

At the expense of fuel and only temporarily, you can overtax the engines for more power. If you needed to take off from a short runway, I am sure it would be used.

Who needs that when your aircraft has JATO capability? :D

use a trigger or addaction whatever suits to activate sqs when need

[C130]exec "GoFaster.sqs"

_C130=_this select 0

#GoFaster

_Xss = velocity _C130 select 0;_Yss = velocity _C130 select 1;_Zss = velocity _C130 select 2

?(speed _C130 >=120) : Exit

_C130 setvelocity[(_Xss * 1.035), (_Yss * 1.035), (_Zss)]

?!alive _C130: Exit

~.2

goto "GoFaster"