Sign in to follow this  
Tom_Anger

Force Barrack doors closed

I know how to force gates open or closed using the command line for the item

this animate [""DOOR01"",0]; - to close

this animate [""DOOR01"",1]; - to open

My question is how can I force barrack doors shut upon mission start?

Guessing it can't be done or some folks missed the post - a-bump :bounce3:

We don't allow bumping of threads, no matter how long you waited for an answer. And your signature is way too big.

No there is a way. As long as the doors can be opened in game they can be opened when the mission starts. I asked this question about hangers sometime ago but unfortunately I can't remember the exact process to do it nor can I remember the thread. You need to find out the ID # of the building you want to have the doors opened then via a game logic(I believe) there's a code you can put in the init line(I believe) that opens the doors upon a missions start.

Sorry I can't provide more info but I'm pretty sure it's possible with barracks with doors that can be opened. Hopefully someone else will chime in or you can find my thread. Good luck.

Tom,

I'm fledgling scripter too, just hang in there and bear with the people around here. Many are really helpful. Like Manzilla said, if you can open and close it in game there is a way to make it be open or close when the game starts.

If it is a building you are putting down on the map then I woud use the "this" command and put it in the Init line.:

Example:

this animate [""DOOR01"",0]; - to close

this animate [""DOOR01"",1]; - to open

The next part is maybe where you are having the problem, is the "door01" really called a "door01" in the ccp file. If not then the door will not close, nor if the door is a different size. I had to ask EddyD for help in is Aircraft Harden Shelters. I am using the Soviet HAS, on my map. I had to look in the ccp file to figure it out, see what I mean below:

Example

this animate ["front_right",8.1];

this animate ["front_left",-8.1];

this animate ["doorsideL",1];

this animate ["doorsideR",1];

The doors were not name door01, door02, ect. Does this help you?

Update:

If you are using the Quonset Hut style of Barracks then the command in its Init Line to close the door is:

this animate ["door",1];

Edited by Landdon

Kronsky has a cool script that lets you get the information your looking for.

Vehicle Browser

Add whatever your wanting to his sample mission, preview it, and walk up to it. You'll get the exact info you are looking for. It works for buildings/vehicles.

Whatever the script tells you, place that into the init of the object on your mission.