Hi ! Where error? troopmon work incorrect in OA. He see West, Res, Civ, but takistani?

Incorrect?!

TroopMon2 was written years ago, at that time there was only Arma2 "sides" given. If OA introduced any new sides, then of course it does not work "correct". TroopMon2 is an Arma2-"only" tool.

Hi ! Where error? troopmon work incorrect in OA. He see West, Res, Civ, but takistani?

Sounds like English is difficult for him. If Charon doesn't want to make it OA compatible then it is his call.

In the meantime just enjoy it as it is!

Just a heads up in case someone else are searching...

Been searching for a TroopMon 2 replacement and after setting up the options to my liking I'm happy to say that Gigans GCam 2.0 addon/script works very well as such!

Maybe not every function TroopMon 2 had but at least it works OK with current A2:OA version and I like the minimalistic approach Gigan opted for.

Be sure to enable "Parameter Tracking Mode" in the hpp file if you wan't to see/grab full status/info about units.

In short - a great tool for debugging missions,scripts and checking out AI behavior etc.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Just a heads up in case someone else are searching...

Been searching for a TroopMon 2 replacement and after setting up the options to my liking I'm happy to say that Gigans GCam 2.0 addon/script works very well as such!

Maybe not every function TroopMon 2 had but at least it works OK with current A2:OA version and I like the minimalistic approach Gigan opted for.

Be sure to enable "Parameter Tracking Mode" in the hpp file if you wan't to see/grab full status/info about units.

In short - a great tool for debugging missions,scripts and checking out AI behavior etc.

/KC

very useful. thank you! troopmon2 is very useful but i do need the oa compatibility as well occasionally

Troopmon2 works fine with ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead, at least I haven't seen anything that is not working in it.

Like Snakeman said, TroopMon2 works okay for OA considering the fact that it was written before OA was even made.

TroopMon3 will support OA better. It is slimmer than TroopMon2 but also offers more capabilities developed in regards to giving mission makers

even better possibilities to analyze their missions.

I assume most people don't use the waypoint and unit creation functionality anyway.

Since i use a lot of get/setvariable stuff on units, there is a window now to monitor

a unit's variablespace, so that dynamic changes of the variables throughout a mission can be precisely observed which is very helpful.

It now also supports factions as some people have missed in TroopMon2.

It is basically completely rewritten and code optimized.

Wow great news! Thanks for all your effort and hard work. Waiting patiently for the release date.

cheers

Could it be possible to do so I can open the TroopMod within the Action Menu instead of the In-Game Menu?

Then we can use this in a server for real-time.

In TroopMon3 i will add 2 versions, one that has the interrupt launch option and one without it that can be launched by either just execVMing the initial script or doing it via action menu, even though that is something that the mission maker can easily assign to his action menu himself.

Overall the performance is greatly improved in the new version, much lighter on the engine and i am very happy with the improvements.

Many more things can be "monitored" than in version2.

Sounds good! :D

Any date set or some on TroopMon3?

And how can i put it to also be in the action menu?

Edited by SP33Dkt

If you need some testing help on TroopMon3, I'm happy to help. I still use the existing one if not daily, then every week when I monitor my random AI battle missions :)

BTW your private message inbox is full in this forum.

@SP33Dkt: I think i'll fix some bugs for the next 3-4 weeks and then i should be able to come out with a version.

You would simply have to call the script:

[1] execVM "\CHN_TroopMon2\scripts2\MonInit.sqf"

@Snakeman:

Hey Snakeman, will let you know once i got a version ready for testing.

@SP33Dkt: I think i'll fix some bugs for the next 3-4 weeks and then i should be able to come out with a version.

@Snakeman:

Hey Snakeman, will let you know once i got a version ready for testing.

incredible news. one of most useful tools for me.

Great to hear mate! Thank you, and thank you for using your time on creating this tool. :)