Many people still know TroopMon1 from the Arma1 times.

Initially i just wanted to make it compatible with Arma2, but i decided to enhance its functionality and optimize the code.

It now contains tons of new helpful functions to effectively debug missions.

Hope it helps you guys design your missions.

troopmon2pic1.jpg

troopmon2pic2.jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwBdUDqYo-8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwBdUDqYo-8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

For those who don`t know TroopMon yet:

Description:

TroopMon 2 is a GUI console for Arma2 that is designed to help mission makers to precisely monitor the combat behaviour of the placed units in their missions.

Lost, inactive or ineffective combatants are easily identified to raise the quality of a mission and achieve mission objectives with a minimal troopcount. Missions with uncertainty about the location of the involved units are a thing of the past.

Features:

- A camera with 8 View modes:

1. A fixed 3rd Person view

2. Free/fixed camera mode that can be positioned around the watch-unit

or independently moved around the whole scenario.

3. A gunner's view through the ironsights of the watch-unit's weapons.

4. A 1st person view to find out where the watch-unit is looking at.

5. A 3rd person view that cycles through a random selection of units.

primarily, units that are in combat are shown.

6. A top view onto the watch-unit suitable for CQB or urban scenarios.

7. A more cinematic camera motion view of randomly chosen units

8. A projectile-following camera that shows a slow motion of fired

projectiles of the currently watched unit. This is helpful to evaluate

the effectiveness of a firing position, the feasibility of the used weapon

or the skill of the shooter.

This can be combined with the view mode 3 to see what the unit is

Aiming at before making the shot.

To choose a different view mode just deselect the V8 button.

In case the projectile is experiencing ricochet or misses the target

the button ABORT PROJCAM can be used to discontinue tracking the projectile.

- Total overview of all mission relevant AI variables.

Crucial battle data is constantly updated such as:

- which enemy is targetting, firing at or wounding the watch unit

with the ability to switch the view to that enemy to evaluate it.

- which enemy is the assigned target of the unit and which enemy

is being fired upon by the watch unit.

- Troopmon 2 automatically recognizes the dimensions of custom island

addons and is compatible with all kinds of custom soldier/weapon/vehicle

etc. addons.

- The GUI console allows for very intuitive unit selection even in high

Unit-count battle situations, selections can be made with the mouse.

All status data can be shown or hidden by little toggle switches.

- New groups can be created and sent into the battle to try out new attack

strategies or enforce groups of insufficient strength without having to

edit/restart the mission.

- Waypoints for created or existing groups can be created

and groups can be combined. Existing waypoints can be edited at runtime.

- Infantry can be moved around with transports using TroopMon 2-created

waypoints.

- Favourites and camera positions can be saved/loaded for points of interest

of the battle theater.

Installation:

Install this in it own mod folder. If you don't know how to make and use modfolders have a look in our FAQ.

Included files:

CHN_TroopMon2.pbo

Usage:

Hit ESC during the mission to bring up the game menu.

Below the standard Arma2 buttons you find a new button

which starts TroopMon 2.

DOWNLOAD PAGES:

TroopMon2 V0.9 Download (Armaholic)

TroopMon2 V0.9 Download (SWDepot)

UPDATE V0.91 :

TroopMon2 V0.91 Download (assaultmissionstudio)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/iwkrdb

Edited by Charon Productions

Ooh nice, yes I had Troopmon for ArmA1 and used it throughout the whole of ArmA1's life. Nice to see there's an update, thanks :)

Nice. :)

Look's like a tool, which totally fits my needs.

Greate work.

Ah , saw this in some movie`s and was thinking what it was m but now i know what :D

Tnks , gonna try this

Yay, welcome back mate! TroopMon1 was one of my "must haves" and a real helper when testing/scripting AI behaviour in missions among other things. Thanks for updating this awesome tool for ArmA II!

Downloading...

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Charon,

Had a chance to briefly test TroopMon 2 last night and love it!

Noticed a few issues that I'm reporting here (along with some suggestions)...

- Maybe it's just here (I had a few other addons loaded) but when changing views with some of the V1-V8 buttons (sry I can't remember exacly which one) it also jumped to another unit automaticly, any one else experience this?

- After opening the Armament display down right some of the mags stayed visible on screen also when closing it again, minor annoyance but mention it anyway.

- After enabling NVS once by pressing th ebutton and then minimize the GUI the NVS button still shows on screen.

Wishes/suggestions if you plan for a future update...

1. I would prefer to have the NVS button always visible (tried CHN_NVSALWAYS but no go).

2. Would be nice to be able to toggle ON/OFF "trail markers" for selected units/groups on the map so you could track their movements over time. Different colors/dot patterns for different units/groups if possible. Would be usefull even if you only could enable it for a limited number (2-5) of units/groups at once.

3. Would be nice to be able to personalize the font colors and maybe also transparency on the background somehow, sometimes I had hard time seeing the text (lol probably getting to old) but maybe this is already planned for the OPTN screen?

Will let you know here if I find more issues... Again, thanks for a great tool and keep it up!

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

@Keycat:

Wow, you really have gotten deeply into it ;)

Charon,

- Maybe it's just here (I had a few other addons loaded) but when changing views with some of the V1-V8 buttons (sry I can't remember exacly which one) it also jumped to another unit automaticly, any one else experience this?

Well V5 and V7 are supposed to do this, but if you talk about any other view mode, then this is not intended. I have personally not experienced that, but will check it again.

- After opening the Armament display down right some of the mags stayed visible on screen also when closing it again, minor annoyance but mention it anyway.

I will fix that, the minimize function has to close like 100 GUI elements conditionally, so its rought to take track of those, when you add new ones.

Wishes/suggestions if you plan for a future update...

Always welcome ;)

1. I would prefer to have the NVS button always visible (tried CHN_NVSALWAYS but no go).

I will test and fix it, when i implemented the function it worked alright.

So you work on some kind of tunnel/subterranean mission?

2. Would be nice to be able to toggle ON/OFF "trail markers" for selected units/groups on the map so you could track their movements over time. Different colors/dot patterns for different units/groups if possible. Would be usefull even if you only could enable it for a limited number (2-5) of units/groups at once.

Good idea and good to know what application individual users do have for this.

I will defininitely look into that.

Do you talk about a route indicating the path to upcoming waypoint destinations or also a display of all previous routes beginning from the very first waypoint, so you can track back where a group was coming from?

3. Would be nice to be able to personalize the font colors and maybe also transparency on the background somehow, sometimes I had hard time seeing the text (lol probably getting to old) but maybe this is already planned for the OPTN screen?

Exactly right, that`s what was planned for the OPTN screen. Will be a major effort though, because i have not used text color homogenously and such a feature would have been best implemented at conception level hehe.

Will let you know here if I find more issues... Again, thanks for an great tool and keep it up!

I have stumbled myself over some minor issues too, so there will be a little update soon. The more feedback there is, the better TroopMon2 can be improved.

Thanks and regards,

Charon

Well V5 and V7 are supposed to do this, but if you talk about any other view mode, then this is not intended. I have personally not experienced that, but will check it again.

Hmm then I just may have misunderstood things, sry.

I will fix that, the minimize function has to close like 100 GUI elements conditionally, so its rought to take track of those, when you add new ones.

Same happens with NVS button. After enabling NVS once by pressing the button and then minimize the GUI the NVS button still shows on screen, again minor annoyance ;)

So you work on some kind of tunnel/subterranean mission?

Not really but due to the HDR system BIS implemented my screen are sometimes quite dark even before 1900 (and even darker if I start ArmA II in Windowed mode).

Do you talk about a route indicating the path to upcoming waypoint destinations or also a display of all previous routes beginning from the very first waypoint, so you can track back where a group was coming from?

I mean the second one. Kinda like a "GPS tracker" that shows there a unit/group have actually been during the test.

Exactly right, that`s what was planned for the OPTN screen. Will be a major effort though, because i have not used text color homogenously and such a feature would have been best implemented at conception level hehe.

Actually to keep things simpler for you I personally could live with just being able to edit my personal options in a commented config file like many other addons use. It seems like many addonmakers now use the following folder/file as an "standard" (used Pistols tracer addon in below example)...

<ArmA II path>\Userconfig\Pistolfied_Tracers\tracerSettings.hpp

I don't know all details about it but I'm sure someone in the know can chime in.

Of course having an in game option menu is nicer/easier for a beginner but I rather take more functionality over a fancy setup screen. I guess that like everyone else your gaming/scripting time is limited...

I have stumbled myself over some minor issues too, so there will be a little update soon. The more feedback there is, the better TroopMon2 can be improved.

Looking forward to any future updates but take your time and feel no need to rush it.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Firstly just want to say this is a great app, it's already highlighted a number of issues for me to look at :)

I don't know if this is because I'm in a particular view or mode but after a while sometimes the MAP1 & MAP2 buttons fail to work until I restart the mission.

Firstly just want to say this is a great app, it's already highlighted a number of issues for me to look at :)

I don't know if this is because I'm in a particular view or mode but after a while sometimes the MAP1 & MAP2 buttons fail to work until I restart the mission.

Thanks for letting this be known. You don`t have to restart the mission, closing and restarting TroopMon2 should be enough to re-initialize it.

Without knowing in what viewmode you have been for the error to occur, i am afraid i can`t reconstruct the error situation myself.

Regards,

Charon

No problem, it hasn't happened for a while I'll take down some details if it occurs again and re-post. :)

Hello Charonos !

Thank you for porting this tool to ArmA2. it was already quite useful for A1, I'm sure I'll appreciate it for A2...

Malick

I have worked a bit on a small update to V0.91. It adds a new window

that displays variables for the currently selected group and unit

that have been set with the setvariable-command and also global variables.

The variables to be checked are assigned by global variable

for example in your mission`s init.sqf.

Group variables:

CHN_TM_GRVAR1="VARIABLENAME";

CHN_TM_GRVAR2="VARIABLENAME";

CHN_TM_GRVAR3="VARIABLENAME";

Unit variables:

CHN_TM_UNVAR1="VARIABLENAME";

CHN_TM_UNVAR2="VARIABLENAME";

CHN_TM_UNVAR3="VARIABLENAME";

Global variables:

CHN_TM_GLVAR1="VARIABLENAME";

CHN_TM_GLVAR2="VARIABLENAME";

CHN_TM_GLVAR3="VARIABLENAME";

I had a hard time debugging the zombies that work a lot with variable space

and now the feature to display that variable for selected groups and individual units is invaluable. After it is cleaned up a bit, i will release the update

Thanks for the update Charon, will check it out ASAP!

/KC

Yes, many thanks!

Troopmon is so valuable and should be in every mission builders library.

Charon .... is there a fix for moving the Troopmon down below CONSOLE in the menu?

I can't access it now from the ESC menu.

Cheers mate.

EDIT : Woops didnt have the latest version installed correctly. Fine now.

Edited by Kremator

Hello!

Its an verry useful Tool, but..can i use it in a Multiplayer Mission?

I have a strange behavior in a CTI Mission with some AI's and tryed to use this tool, but i did not get it to work.

Thx for your work!

Cheers

can i use it in a Multiplayer Mission?

Add this to config.cpp (borrowed from VFFPSS):

class RscShortcutButton;
class RscDisplayMPInterrupt: RscStandardDisplay {
   class controls {
class CHN_TMStart : RscShortcutButton {
	idc = -1;
	text = "TroopMon2";
	x = "0.005 + SafeZoneX";
	y = "0.105 + SafeZoneY";
	default = 0;
	action = "[1] execVM ""\CHN_TroopMon2\scripts2\MonInit.sqf""";
};

};
};

Add this to config.cpp (borrowed from VFFPSS):

class RscShortcutButton;
class RscDisplayMPInterrupt: RscStandardDisplay {
   class controls {
class CHN_TMStart : RscShortcutButton {
	idc = -1;
	text = "TroopMon2";
	x = "0.005 + SafeZoneX";
	y = "0.105 + SafeZoneY";
	default = 0;
	action = "[1] execVM ""\CHN_TroopMon2\scripts2\MonInit.sqf""";
};

};
};

Alef could you point me to where the config.hpp would be stored?

I found a bunch but none where just config. There are ACE, and JTD and GL5 in my userconfig folder but I can't find where I should paste this.

Thanks.

BTW this looks amazing and I do remember playing alittle with ARMA1 Trpmon so I am looking forward to getting this going.

Thanks

Hi there I have a problem and I am sure its me being a noob.

I have created a folder in me ARMA2 directory called @CHN_TroopMon2 I have then added

@CHN_TroopMon2 to me start up so I can use as a mod but when I go into editor and place me and one enemy unit I press ESC but get no option?.

Im am all so running ACE2 and would like to use @CHN_TroopMon2 with ACE2 if poss.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT

NM I got it to work :P

Edited by stk2008

Hi ! Where error? troopmon work incorrect in OA. He see West, Res, Civ, but takistani?