Sign in to follow this  
Ciulas

ARMA II on consoles?

Is arma 2 coming out for consoles?

I'm confused, because some sources, which are quite reliable to me say it is coming out on ps3 and xbox 360, but I couldn't find any official info about this.

We have threads about this, please use them.

And there is nothing official confirmed except some rumours of a 360 version.

I've read whole thread u gave me before, but I wanted a clear answer yes/no etc.

Thanks.

We have threads about this, please use them.

And there is nothing official confirmed except some rumours of a 360 version.

who declared you moderator?Know your place

[personal opinion] You might see a BIS game (military war game) on the xbox 360 one day but it wont be Arma II[/personal opinion].

If it does happen it better not be near the end of the xbox 360's life cycle :rolleyes: .

Go away you grubby console player, don't you have some other pc series to ruin...just because you got operation flashpoint doesn't mean you will take arma from us.

[personal opinion] You might see a BIS game (military war game) on the xbox 360 one day but it wont be Arma II[/personal opinion].

If it does happen it better not be near the end of the xbox 360's life cycle :rolleyes: .

haha , i could believe something like that could happen .. maybe a new console within the next 3 years , i wonder how powerful it will be ?

Maybe arrowhead will be on consoles... Improved engine (hopefully) + much less vegetation to deal with...

if you think about it the conslos have taken alot of stuff from us Opration flahpoint,Cod,far cry and Halo spring to mind and even IL2 seems to be going that way. Just leave this to us on the PC we need this

if you think about it the conslos have taken alot of stuff from us Opration flahpoint,Cod,far cry and Halo spring to mind and even IL2 seems to be going that way. Just leave this to us on the PC we need this

And BIS needs our money so as long as we keep buying the original game i guess BIS won't need to port their games to console. Though i don't see any reason at all of why they can't port Arma 2 to consoles, if this means more money to spend in Arma 3, so be it =)

Best regards

Porting it to an idiot box would be the death of it.

I agree if it does get ported we should demonstrate about how we dissagree like all those people outside the bbc yesterday aganst that Nick Griffin guy

The medium does no make the content. It doesn't need to be dumbed down if BIS doesn't want it that way. It was CM choice to make DR "easier", not a technical limitation.

Graphics can be scaled down and controls can be adapted to keep 90% of what's on PC. They have done it before on XBOX ! Though they will probably sell less copies if they keep it hardcore, they will have a more unique product and a stronger fan base.

And you can even plug a keyboard on the 360 if you want to !

I agree if it does get ported we should demonstrate about how we dissagree like all those people outside the bbc yesterday aganst that Nick Griffin guy

You just have to see what is going on with MW2 right now to see what happens.

I don't mind console players getting any game in particular, we are all gamers and should have equality with games. But nerfing a game to console level instead of lifting theirs is not on.

So I don't mind consoles getting the game, it is the circus that follows that will piss me off.

Yeah nobody ever played Operation Flashpoint:Elite in this thread? It was just OFP GOTY with some visual upgrades and not a full editor, but worked good on the xbox.

Liquidpinky is probably the only one who adresses the correct problem with a console release, but it even happened with the original release of ArmAII and the hype it got because better publicity and the 1500 AI vid, we've gotten all kind of mainstream gamers who thought they would like a game that looks like the youtube vids... but they noticed it wasn't their cup of tea.

I still hope an console release will follow as it's way easier to just sit down and have a go at the game with a bunch of friends. But only as an extra, never would I hope to see the day BIS creates an console only release.

The graphics of OFP to the xbox1 were improved. This from BIS (Paul)

Well thats great and all, but not so impressive as OFP elite was released 3-4 years after the original. This was one of my major points on the xbox specific thread, being that elite was released on a console considered above in generation to the computers that originally ran it. Fitting it on a current gen console when current computers struggle with it is another kettle of fish. Do able, so says my guess, but difficult.

it took BIS years to port it, I am sure it was not easy. They had to make a stripped down version of the editor with limited capabilities.