Hello Ice.

New aliens look much better. Yet I have few suggestions regarding molatians, afrenians and F88\AUG.

First of all, AUG. CQB sights are too close. Bigger FOV please, it's for close combat, so we don't need so much zoom :)

Second thing, last time I checked, all them blacks were... well, black. In TI and in the pure daylight, from bigger distance (I mean a bug, where units silhouette becomes completely, non-toned easy-visible black over distance and I guess the units don't have any TI? :( )

Third thing is, there's such a little variety in infantry models\units. IMO it's the most important thing for this island apart from the island itself... more variety and details (individual ammo belts and\or pouches, more different and more serious rebels shirts, team leaders in helmets, hats for molatians, etc) wouldn't hurt and it shouldn't be that much work. Also, extra config with OA and ACE guns like G3, FAL, Lee Enfield and SKS would be welcome.

Oh, and are the medics working? And are the infantry units capable of wearing OA backpacks in 1.96? (didn't had an opportunity to check those in 1.96)

And can Afrenian Engineers repair stuff?

Btw suggestion for next projects, voiced by few guys (missionmakers, mainly) from our community.

If You guys (talking to all addonmakers), make a desert\tropical themed map, don't make it so town-clustered. If the towns are too close to each other (which is probably a good thing for PvP gaming, but not for coop scenarios), there's almost no deserted places\roads, which isn't a good thing... where we will be able to make convoy-ambushes, tent camps, LZ\EZ's, and stuff, huh? :) Especially that You can easily add a thing to a map by the Editor Updates, the other way (to delete something) it doesn't work so good... Also, the vehicles are more important that way.

Pls more wide, open desert and overally bigger distance between towns. I know this probably can't be achieved for Duala now, but for the future ones...

Edited by JonPL

Thanks Sickboy !

However, after some testing i think some of the helicopters are buggy, they always crash after a while in a SAD-cycle loop while BIS helicopters worke fine.

How do I turn off the Isle Duala splash/loading screens. I am getting real tired of seeing Duala all the time there. Please have a solution!!!

How do I turn off the Isle Duala splash/loading screens. I am getting real tired of seeing Duala all the time there. Please have a solution!!!

There is;

Relocate or delete Duala mod's UI_duala.pbo and UI_duala.pbo.ibr_duala195.bisign (or instead of ibr_duala195.bisign, the 196 version if that's already released..) files. That's all there's to it..

And often such info is given in the (in)famous Readme's many addonmakers release; Especially if it concerns bigger moderations to a game like Duala here. As you probably do know UI stands for User Interface, but for those who do not know:

Such implies alteration to standard look of thematic layout ingame. Keep track of those UI letters in the spelling of a name if you want your game to look standard. Good luck.

Edited by Thani '82

Yeah, that UI will be put separately with next version. Sorry :/

Nope as Duala is a A2 only island and A2 itself has very little open buildings. On the second hand I can make a new island "Modern Duala" that would be a A2/OA island.

But I think you will be rather happy to see me spend time on a new island Balkania than always upgrading old stuff?

Can´t agree that with you because that awesome island you made. After 2 years Duala is still only island where I spent my time with my friends. (still would be amazing if you could add those african voices to units on next update).

Cheers!

But I think you will be rather happy to see me spend time on a new island Balkania than always upgrading old stuff?

@Maltti - Realy, agree!

IceBreakr if you can - change buildings to 'walkable' :)!

are there any diamond mines in Duala?

Check the terms and conditions for Duala - if you find any diamonds you will find they belong to Icebreakr ;-)

Yeah, open buildings are a good idea. Maybe not every single one on Duala... but it'd be a good thing to have half of them open.

Plus the things I mentioned in my earlier post.

The 30mm Aden cannon on the Viggen CAS versions appear to only be shooting out the right gun pod. Is it just me or is this a known issue and will it be fixed? It's not really a major bug though when compared to the overall great Duala mod =) Keep up the great work!

This is gonna sound like a silly question but I'll ask anyway: are there any other SP missions or campaigns for Isla duala other then those on armaholic? I searched and only found about 4 of them all required a load of add ons too and the campaign wasn't heavily infantry oriented.

Edited by gotrek

There's a DEV GRU campaign that is heavily infantry oriented on Duala. I can't remember the link for the life of me, but have you looked into/found that one? Could possibly find it in the user mission thread here and possibly under one of the campaign tags in ArmAholic.

I searched Armaholic but didn't find any infantry aimed campaign, one looks very nice but has 7/10 flight missions, and I suck at flying anything in this game, I'm not much into the all flying thing.

I'm guessing people made missions and kept them to themselves seeing how popular this island is.I tried Armaholic up and down, but got no luck.

Try searching for SEAL Team 6 DEVGRU, or something along that line, there are ground missions in that campaign

thanks guys this campaign looks great just done mission one, it's quite the challenge. :)

If anyone can help me i have been working on my mission for duala for months now just a private thing for me. I have over 1000 units and vehicles on the map its a full scale war between Afrenie and Molatia. Ever since the last Arma2 patch went on steam neither side bothers to hardly engage each other?? For example if a Molation Fencer flies over an Afrenie AA pod the AA pod will not fire what-so-ever, just tracks it across the sky? Same goes for Molation air-force they will not engage ground targets such as trucks and tanks? I must say that this seems to be happening when I use "empty" vehicles or static weapons and have Afrenie or Molation troops "get in" via a waypoint, But since I have done that in this mission well over 200 times its quite a problem if half the army is not engaging one and other. If anyone knows what's caused this please help.

try playing this mission with latest beta patch might solve your problem.

some of the mentioned problems in your mission are solved in one of the post 1.60 beta's.

I know there is a flag for each Duala faction but is there one for Duala itself ? I ask because I want to use the flag in some text.

Maybe you try add M113 to Afrenian army :D ?

Maybe you try add M113 to Afrenian army :D ?

I got a M113, but it uses Arrowhead textures, so I cannot use it. Duala is non-OA release.

About flag - Duala has no united flag, so when island is represented they use both flags side by side.