May I suggest some helmet models for Molatian troops? Considering they are eastern block oriented, these models would fit perfectly

The Soviet SSh-40

http://www.cascoscoleccion.com/rusia/rus4060.htm

and East German M-56

http://www.cascoscoleccion.com/alemania/al66c.htm

SSh-40 is available in Arma 1 on SLA troops and Vilas made some good models of M-56 in his project 85 mod. The use of both would not be unrealistic as well.

Hey Ice,

Just got a few errors for you. Are these fixed in 1.96?

When loading Duala:

Old style material 207 used in ReportStack not available
Old style material 204 used in ReportStack not available
Old style material 205 used in ReportStack not available
Old style material 204 used in ReportStack not available
Old style material 206 used in ReportStack not available
Old style material 206 used in ReportStack not available
Warnings in ibr\ibr_dtowns\vez_ropa.p3d:11000
Warnings in ibr\ibr_dtowns\vez_ropa.p3d:11000

When loading any other map:

Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeUnit/controls/CA_ValueFaction/
Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeUnit/controls/CA_ValueClass/
Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeUnit/controls/CA_ValueVehicle/
Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeUnit/controls/CA_ValueFaction/
Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeUnit/controls/CA_ValueClass/
Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeUnit/controls/CA_ValueVehicle/

All errors were obtained running vanilla CO at version 1.59.79384 with Duala lite.

Thanks!

H.

PS, added onto your DevHeaven bugtracker also.

Edited by Hellfire257

(clipped)

A couple of small building issues (and I've tried to find any posts relating to these elsewhere in this thread but haven't found them...):

- Climbing the 'posed.p3d' guard towers - I've fallen off every time I get to the top of the ladder as it won't let me into the top of the tower.

- Some door issues entering the open external office door of 'army_hut_int.p3d' & 'army_hut2_int.p3d' and moving through the internal door of 'army_hut_long_int.p3d'. You can get through but sometimes need to 'step over' the door threshold or move side-to-side until you get through. Not big problems if you're just walking around but when you're in the middle of a firefight and want cover, it can be deadly.

Cheers,

Dreadnought1

Hasn't anyone else had these issues too?

Cheers,

Dreadnought1

1. Posed is not my object but made by BIS, all I can do is replace them.

2. Army huts are annoying as A2 characters are much more "fat" than A1 characters. So I will try to enlarge these passages. I think somebody already send me fixed buildings, I need to find them on my HD :)

Hi IceBreakr,

I playing around with a mission I set a task to destroy a map placed radar object. When I place a satchel charge or two on it, the explosion leaves a massive artifact in the ground. When I say map placed object...it is a hard-coded radar installation not an editor placed object [somewhere in the lower half of the island]. There is no map placed icon for it either unlike most of the maps radio antenna installations.

If I can I will attach a sample mission when I get home later tonight. I am unsure however how much effort it would require to fix the problem.

Also...thanks for the great island...I really like your work.

Edited by Rough Knight

1. Posed is not my object but made by BIS, all I can do is replace them.

2. Army huts are annoying as A2 characters are much more "fat" than A1 characters. So I will try to enlarge these passages. I think somebody already send me fixed buildings, I need to find them on my HD :)

IceBreakr,

Many thanks for having a look at these issues.

Cheers,

Dreadnought1

I had a look at this mod today with a special focus on the Steyr Aug, and I couldn't help but notice that the charging handle is on the wrong side. It should be on the left, not the right. I don't know if it is intended or a bug but it kind of bothers me. Also the way he holds the rifle is not how it's done IRL, but I guess that's down to animation limitations.

Besides that the map, the Units etc look really great.

are ppl still playing this map? thinking about doing the final remake of Ghost Recon trilogy - Desert Siege.

are ppl still playing this map? thinking about doing the final remake of Ghost Recon trilogy - Desert Siege.

Oh, I think that the Ghosts on Duala would be most excellent indeed. You absolutely must do this ;-)

Lightspeed_aust: according to all the mails I get, I would say its still the most popular ;)

I´ve been keeping my server doors open now few weeks already. I think my Duala Conflict mission is going to be soon as RC state. Not bad after few years of hard work :) Still many people trying to connect but failed maybe because not having Duala, or latest version.

IceBreakr, Duala 1.96 still coming someday ?

Maltti

// Duala Conflict mission you can join at Rockabilly House Server

It is. I'm reposting Bad Benson's shots of his new "visitors" that will replace aging zetaborns ;)

I'm waiting for all things to come together. I've upgraded graphics for the map, tweaked some heights and fixed that annoying AS350 chopper bug with the railing. No date on release though, waiting on aliens to be ready for invasion ;)

00854e163011181.jpg

030d1d163011196.jpg

4c6532163011172.jpg

4010bc163011159.jpg

Keep topic about new aliens please in a separate topic HERE.

p.s. Can't wait for 1.60... ;)

G'day IceBreakr,

Firstly, thanks very much for Duala, I love all the hard work you put into it....countless hours no doubt.

I have a new campaign coming up for Duala that I have been working on for the last few months or more. I wish I could fit the Aliens into the storyline somehow...but I don't think they will fit somehow :)

I have started a new thread in the appropriate forum.

I hope for some beta testers in the next few days.

Thanks Rough Knight

Edited by Rough Knight
New thread link added.

Icebreakr - you are the master, you know that don't you. I just redownloaded Duala after having messed with it a year ago or more. It really is spectacular!

Icebreakr,

I'm posting this as a FYI/question, not necessarily a complaint, so please don't take it as critical of your map. It's still loads of fun to play on and I appreciate your work.

I set up a mission with me on a hill just to the South East of Swonto. I have a laser designator and I've set up one or two AV-8s (I've tried it a couple of different ways) to come in on command. In an older version of the map, I could get them to drop LGBs on my laser target but now they completely ignore it and just strafe with their guns at targets they see. I've even set it up with non-LGB aircraft and they'll strafe with rockets and guns, but ignore the laser. Initially I thought it might have been a problem with ASR AI (after one of his updates), but same problem when running just OA vanilla.

So I loaded up one or two other missions with the same basic setup (trigger to bring in AV-8, me with my laser) on other maps (Zargabad and Takistan) and it works normally.

Not sure if it's Swonto or something else with the map overall, but just thought I'd put it out there. If I'm the only one having the issue, so be it, I'll certainly continue to enjoy your work.

Does anyone know the names of the Isla-Duala units groups ?

I know there is a readme with the names of the units, but i would need the groupnames so i can spawn them via script.

Thanks !

Does anyone know the names of the Isla-Duala units groups ?

I know there is a readme with the names of the units, but i would need the groupnames so i can spawn them via script.

Thanks !

Hi Wiggum,

Sorry mate can't help you there. For the campaign I am making I spawned the units into a newly created group, then did whatever I wanted via script after that. See the code below [it's only part of it but you get the kist]. I am not sure if this helps or not.

//Script to spawn enemies for a multi-pronged circular attack at x location

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

private ["_unit", "_spawnpoint", "_wp1", "_wp2", "_patrol", "_delay1", "_delay2", "_entry_locations", "_sideHQ", "_group",
	   "_car1", "_ca1", "_ca2", "_ca3", "_ca4", "_ca5", "_ca6", "_ca7", "_ca8", "_ca9", "_ca10",
	   "_ca11", "_ca12", "_ca13", "_ca14", "_enemy_all_array", "_enemy_leader_array", "_waypoint1"];

sleep 0.1;

_unit 			= _this select 0;
_spawnpoint 	= _this select 1;
_wp1            = _this select 2;
_patrol			= _this select 3;
_delay1         = _this select 4;
_rn_array		= _this select 5;
_wp3			= _this select 6;

_SideHQ = createCenter east;
EAST setFriend [WEST, 0];
EAST setFriend [CIVILIAN, 0];
CIVILIAN setFriend [EAST, 0];

sleep 0.1;
_group = createGroup east;

sleep 0.1;

_delay2 = time + _delay1;
waitUntil {Time > _delay2};

sleep 0.1;

_car1 = "Ural_MOL" createVehicle [((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 0) + random 100 - random 100, ((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 1) + random 100 - random 100, ((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 2)];
_ca1 = _group createUnit ["MOL_Soldier_Officer", [((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 0) + random 50 - random 50, ((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 1) + random 50 - random 50, ((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 2)],[],1,""];
_ca2 = _group createUnit ["MOL_Soldier_Medic", [((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 0) + random 100 - random 100, ((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 1) + random 100 - random 100, ((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 2)],[],1,""];
_ca3 = _group createUnit ["MOL_Soldier_Engineer", [((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 0) + random 50 - random 50, ((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 1) + random 50 - random 50, ((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 2)],[],1,""];
_ca4 = _group createUnit ["MOL_Soldier_Rifleman", [((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 0) + random 100 - random 100, ((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 1) + random 100 - random 100, ((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 2)],[],1,""];
_ca5 = _group createUnit ["MOL_Soldier_GL", [((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 0) + random 50 - random 50, ((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 1) + random 50 - random 50, ((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 2)],[],1,""];
_ca6 = _group createUnit ["MOL_Soldier_MG", [((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 0) + random 100 - random 100, ((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 1) + random 100 - random 100, ((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 2)],[],1,""];
_ca7 = _group createUnit ["MOL_Soldier_AT", [((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 0) + random 50 - random 50, ((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 1) + random 50 - random 50, ((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 2)],[],1,""];
_ca8 = _group createUnit ["MOL_Soldier_Rifleman", [((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 0) + random 100 - random 100, ((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 1) + random 100 - random 100, ((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 2)],[],1,""];
_ca9 = _group createUnit ["MOL_Soldier_Rifleman", [((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 0) + random 50 - random 50, ((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 1) + random 50 - random 50, ((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 2)],[],1,""];
_ca10 = _group createUnit ["MOL_Soldier_Rifleman", [((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 0) + random 100 - random 100, ((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 1) + random 100 - random 100, ((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 2)],[],1,""];
_ca11 = _group createUnit ["MOL_Soldier_GL", [((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 0) + random 100 - random 100, ((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 1) + random 100 - random 100, ((getMarkerPos _spawnpoint) select 2)],[],1,""];

sleep 0.1;

[_ca1, _ca2, _ca3, _ca4, _ca5, _ca6, _ca7, _ca8, _ca9, _ca10, _ca11] join grpNull;
_enemy_all_array = [_ca1, _ca2, _ca3, _ca4, _ca5, _ca6, _ca7, _ca8, _ca9, _ca10, _ca11];
_enemy_squad = [_ca2, _ca3, _ca4, _ca5, _ca6, _ca7, _ca8, _ca9, _ca10, _ca11];

sleep 0.1;

[_ca2, _ca3, _ca4, _ca5, _ca6, _ca7, _ca8, _ca9, _ca10, _ca11] joinsilent _ca1;

{if (alive _x) then {obj2_e_alive_number = obj2_e_alive_number + 1}} foreach _enemy_all_array; 
{_x addEventHandler ["killed", {obj2_e_alive_number = obj2_e_alive_number - 1}]} foreach _enemy_all_array;

_ca1 assignasdriver _car1;
_ca1 moveindriver _car1;
{_x assignascargo _car1; _x moveincargo _car1} foreach _enemy_squad;

sleep 0.1;

_group = group _ca1;
_group allowFleeing 0;

//Do whatever with group after here

Thanks j_frost, but because there are groups, there have to be groupnames too.

I still hope someone can tell me those groupnames !

Thanks j_frost, but because there are groups, there have to be groupnames too.

I still hope someone can tell me those groupnames !

You can unpack the unit pbo and review the CfgGroups config entries,

or you can traverse the CfgGroups class in an SQF script and dump the groups to disk, e.g:

_cfg = configFile >> "CfgGroups";
for "_i" from 0 to ((count _cfg) - 1) do {
 _entry = _cfg select _i;
 // Etc
};

You can also take the long way around and generate an AllInOne config while the unit addons are loaded.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/AllInOne_Config