I make a couple of SP missions that support Duala. In fact, i'm playing a version of it on Duala as we speak.

Is there a link to this mission somewhere?

Put "Duala Conflict" to MP mission filter.

Maltti

Has anyone spotted a coop mission for Duala? Better still a campaign? I dream of a coop campaign à la Tonal.

Hi guys

Im trying to port a domination to duala and y dont know were to find th classlist of groups for the molatian army, if got this page for the classlist http://icebreakr.info/isla-duala/unit_classes.txt but im tring to change the spawn groups not individual units that is done.

I put an example of the the groups I want to change:

#ifdef __OA__

[

["East","BIS_TK","Infantry","TK_InfantrySquad"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),

["East","BIS_TK","Infantry","TK_InfantrySection"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),

["East","BIS_TK","Infantry","TK_InfantrySectionAT"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),

["East","BIS_TK","Infantry","TK_InfantrySectionAA"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),

["East","BIS_TK","Infantry","TK_InfantrySectionMG"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),

["East","BIS_TK","Infantry","TK_SniperTeam"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),

["East","BIS_TK","Infantry","TK_SpecialPurposeSquad"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),

["East","BIS_TK_INS","Infantry","TK_INS_Group"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),

["East","BIS_TK_INS","Infantry","TK_INS_Patrol"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),

["East","BIS_TK_INS","Infantry","TK_INS_AATeam"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),

["East","BIS_TK_INS","Infantry","TK_INS_ATTeam"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup)

];

#endif

If somebody can orientate me a little bit of were to find the or a mission that has changed the default russian or takistany army for a molatian one id be very thankful

Does anyone get this ...? I notice when I first load Duala the default background view comes up behind the menu. It's only after going into starting a MP game and then going back to the main menu that the actual Duala backgrounds appear. Seems a shame that this does not come up when first going into the menu. I DO get the loading screen images, but not the engine generated backgrounds. This is ArmA latest patch, Windows XP, latest Duala. CBA and glt_misslebox enabled.

yeah its probably due to the fact that there are no large scale military transport ships around to make any sort of amphibious crossing mission possible. the largest ship in the game is a RHIB and the only addon i can think of was the generic landing craft but only one version was made and the ramp wouldnt open unless you manually scripted it in to do so.

also would help if the AAVP didnt move at a snails pace and drop off all its troops into the water the moment it came under fire

Only one mention of ships on this thread ?

Duala and the other islands have docks. Are these tagged in the same way runways are ? That way a ship could "taxi" into position at a dock much like the C130 does on a runway. There are quite a few marine vessels on Armaholic as well as some here. It would be great to see a luxury yacht that you can hijack docked outside the Dictators mansion on Lingor. I need to learn how to add vehicles to Warfare Benny Edition. I think the simplest solution to marine transportation is to simply attach a vehicle to a ship (but it would not be visible just "attached" to the ship in a script variable) and spawn the vehicle from it at the other end (as I believe happens with the C130 in Warfare BE). Ships with artillery pieces could also be linked into the Warfare Be artillery system which already uses mobile artillery/rocket vehicles.

Sadly, ships and docks are not connected in this game without some serious mission scripting. Also, AI cannot navigate rivers sucessfully, at least the last time I've checked.

Good news: Duala v1.97 is coming, I'm updating units and also upgrading the island to feature new open buildings made by [bIS]Mondkalb ;)

Good news: Duala v1.97 is coming, I'm updating units and also upgrading the island to feature new open buildings made by [bIS]Mondkalb ;)

Wow. More Duala :cool:.

Sadly, ships and docks are not connected in this game without some serious mission scripting.

Can I put in a request ? Can you add script hooks to all the port docks ? That way future script writers will at least be able to hook functionality into dock locations.

Also, AI cannot navigate rivers sucessfully, at least the last time I've checked.

I'm using a recent beta and I have observed the AI navigating the narrow waters or Duala using small ships. For example on the stretch of river going East- West on the SW portion of Duala. They are very slow but do manage it. They can get stuck at fords but use of the "push" command usually gets them across. However at one ford they just went straight across it. Large ships can only use the deeper ocean areas and docks with the deepest water.

As an aside, do you know that the AI DOES successfully use bridges when issued a "regroup" order ? It seems that when under a "move" order they are trying to take the most direct route to a location and this is when they become confused at bridges.

I thought that progress of isla Duala has come to its end long time ago. Glad to see I was wrong. Still Duala is one and only mission on my server since of beginning. Hoping only that you dont make too much change to a terrain, because it might ruin my Duala Conflict mission (project of 2-3 years now). Anyway, what ever you got for us, cant wait to see it out.. maybe those afrenian voices and so ? :)

t. Maltti-man

Can you add a relatively big town at least while you are at it? With all those new buildings it should be Mogadishu style (can also throw in some OA buildings if possible)

Duala kinda lacks that and there's enough open space for a nice town hell.

That's what Duala lacks to be as good as Tonal was for OFP.

Metalcraze: are you reading my mind? Stahpp!

Yes, there is a big town present in 1.97WIP, featuring Mondkalb's African generic buildings.

Maltti: if you're thinking of heights, that is easily fixed with Load&Save of mission. Otherwise, some areas will be changed, yup.

Edited by IceBreakr

I'm looking for a contributor of IMI Galil rifle or any similiar "copies".

I also accept mission ideas for MP campaign, what area to change/add something, what new assets both sides use. Expect some new armor to roll it, too...

I point to the 'usual' suspect -> Vilas ;)

Cheers,

D.

I also accept mission ideas for MP campaign, what area to change/add something, what new assets both sides use. Expect some new armor to roll it, too...

IMI Galil rifle vilas has one in his west weapon pack :). MP ideas how about something connected to Mining, such as diamonds or a discovery of Uraninite (also known as pitchblende, most common ore mined to extract uranium.). Perhaps BLUFOR have to stop a shipment of Uranite reaching a harbour?

Hi IceBreakr,

any chance you could change the landing system lights at Molatia airport to the left side of the runway instead of having it left side of the taxiway? I mean when you are incoming from the east to the west, so approaching RWY 27.

Would be really nice :)

Roger that derdoe. Tnx.

Great! I noticed the same at Kinsella airport when approaching from the east. Maybe you can change that aswell? :) Btw i love the unprepared landing strips, cant get enough of them :D

derdoe: yeah, noticed it, too. Both runways are fixed on W and E sides:

landlights_duala.jpg

Edited by IceBreakr

derdoe: yeah, noticed it, too. Both runways are fixed on W and E sides:

Awesome, thanks a lot! :)

Also sent you some € as a little thank you for the great work you do :)

Edited by derdoe

A lot of changes were made yesterday:

- new district of Molatian capital Bolabongo added: Dendala District

- Canto armybase slight update

- presidental palace added to Bolabongo outskirts (Arrowhead required now)

- oil pumps are working now (Arrowhead required now)

- Molatian country is building up their defensive posts due to recent deep assaults mounted by AFR. It is believed several outposts and garrisons are being built

- new gunfire sound of Afrenian Steyr AUG

- test of BMP1 and BVP M80A: both units failed to attack armor target with AT launchers, decision to include them is postponed

- Afrenian Army refused to use Bedford truck as their new heavy transportation vehicle and is now looking for a new fast APC

- Molatian Army will not pick T-62s as they decided to keep their T-55s due to recent military budget cuts

Release is on hold until config issue is resolved with generic african buildings.

Update: Mondkalb will fix the config, we know what is wrong (tnx Synide). Otherwise, Duala 1.97 is done, so I'll take this extra time to make a CoOp MP pack of missions for it.

Edited by IceBreakr

Hi sorry if this question was already posted I searched quite a while for it. I am looking for the group names of the units that comes with this map so I can spawn using the BIS_fnc_spawngroup. I can find names for the individual units but not the groups. The units are [MOL,AFR,IBR} with both inf and vehicles thanks for your time.

I found the information inside the unit's pbo thanks IceBreakr you do amazing work!

Edited by lousy_lizard

That's a welcome update, thank you for your dedication IceBreakr.