Man, this is another OUTSTANDING island of yours that I have been playing with lately, simply superb IceBreakr! I haven't had much time in the last few years to play with Arma 2 and all of the addons out there, but this is an exremely well made map in terms of mission creation, skirmish areas and places to create fire-bases. I was just wondering, since I am not very good at addon editing, is there a way to place any of the Duala factions decals on other vehicle addons and the default BIS ones? I look forward to any other "african" vehicles you might be adding in the future. A simple retexturing of the OA takistani vehicles would be awesome!

This is a great addon and I thank you for all your hard work. :)

Thank you Jocko-Flocko. Since Duala is A2-only project, I am not planning to include any OA content. Especially now that A3 is around the corner and future use of this map is in question. As you know BIS didn't include bunch of content from a predecessor, so mapmakers are having hard time making new content every couple of years.

I love the map but I have a question.

I placed an Afrenian rifle group down in the editor and chose the RPG-7 AT guy as my player. When I start the mission I have changed into a cop with just an AK. I noticed that in the editor when placing individual men I can't actually select the unit that exists in the group. Only rpg-7 HE and RPG-18 men exist. The AI has no trouble using the men and i've killed one to look at his gear and saw that he was carrying tandem charge HEAT rockets. Am I the only one who doesn't have that infantry class in my editor?

Great island, Icebreaker. Just want to let you know that it was a pleasure bringing all 4 of your islands into my mission. All the Duala forces are available to be used in the mission alongside any other supported troop/vehicle mods, which im adding more everyday. You can even easily use Duala forces on your other islands as well. Thanks for the great contributions to the community. I think all 4 of your islands are great, but i do think your masterpiece is Panthera. so much detail.

Mission thread

Is it possible to add more buildings to the map using 3d editor? I can't seem to find any of the Duala buildings listed. Hope its possible as I need to extend one of the city's for the mission I'm currently making.

EDIT: Ok, I'm pretty sure the above is not possible. Is there a list of building class-names anywhere so I can use the town generator to expand the city?

Edited by Guest

@Acelondoner

Its posible :), but need unlock buildings in edtior, or have buildings classes, and you can put it on map :)

Hi guys, are there any addon-free COOP missions for Duala?

I looked in the USER missions thread and found almost 2 dozen but practically all of them require ACE.

The best would be a campaign, in the vein of Tonal...

Hi guys, are there any addon-free COOP missions for Duala?

I looked in the USER missions thread and found almost 2 dozen but practically all of them require ACE.

The best would be a campaign, in the vein of Tonal...

These might be good for you...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?132146-Kremator-presents-BattleZone-MSO-PatrolOps2-amp-ATCRabbit&highlight=DUALA

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?129497-ZKs-BattleZone-72-Player-CO-OP-Warfare&highlight=DUALA

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?126904-Patrol-Operations-2&highlight=DUALA

Jedra: thanks for those tips.

Kremator's mash-up: I'll try it but experience has shown us that MSO kills our server, maybe it is because we don't have a dedicated server, maybe it's because we don't know which options are CPU-heavy, but we'll give it a try

ZoneKiller's BattleZone: we're not to keen on these missions because, unless you have large numbers they're pretty empty, and our clan only numbers 4-6 :-(

Roy86's Patrol Ops 2: this sounds MUCH more promising, so we'll be testing this one first, I didn't even realise that Duala was supported (no mention of it on the first post)

Really what we like are story-driven missions rather than warfare or random type missions. Sander's missions are a good example.

Try the mashup - it's pretty decent and has just been updated for Duala :) Remember for any of the Battlezone mission you can choose how massive you want the war :)

My mashup also has PatrolOps (and AirOps) now built in !

@Acelondoner

Its posible :), but need unlock buildings in edtior

How does one do that?

Jedra: thanks for those tips.

Kremator's mash-up: I'll try it but experience has shown us that MSO kills our server, maybe it is because we don't have a dedicated server, maybe it's because we don't know which options are CPU-heavy, but we'll give it a try

ZoneKiller's BattleZone: we're not to keen on these missions because, unless you have large numbers they're pretty empty, and our clan only numbers 4-6 :-(

Roy86's Patrol Ops 2: this sounds MUCH more promising, so we'll be testing this one first, I didn't even realise that Duala was supported (no mention of it on the first post)

Really what we like are story-driven missions rather than warfare or random type missions. Sander's missions are a good example.

Story co-op missions are hard to come by - on the basis they are hard work to make!

MSO can kill my server too - you just have to be economical with the modules. It HAS got better in the latest versions though.

Maybe you can convince Rough Knight to convert his Carrier Ops mission to MP.

As I use ACE and Vanilla I had not really noticed that most of the Duala missions are ACE - you are right though! Perhaps they are not very ACE and can easily be edited?

@Acelondoner

Google it, try find addons for editor, or make a config with buildings

Hey IB,

Is there any chance of a fix to Aeroporto Kinsella, where aircraft do not use the taxiway properly, and cut across the grass at the apron? I spawn aircraft at the closest hangar (grid ref 04129195). Aircraft have a real problem negotiating that grass (especially A10s!) and some even refuse to take off. For testing I'm using a dedi server.

I've found that the aircraft are absolutely fine in SP but not in MP.

Story co-op missions are hard to come by - on the basis they are hard work to make!

MSO can kill my server too - you just have to be economical with the modules. It HAS got better in the latest versions though.

Maybe you can convince Rough Knight to convert his Carrier Ops mission to MP.

As I use ACE and Vanilla I had not really noticed that most of the Duala missions are ACE - you are right though! Perhaps they are not very ACE and can easily be edited?

Hi I made a number of 8 player multiplay coop missions set in Duala that you could help your self to. Find them on the LOL Majors server filter (lol)

There is a 4 part Pirates series etc & missions by other lol Dudes. You might find something in there that you could use...:o

P.s. I forgot Pirates II is on Quesh-Kibrul all the others on Duala. Prison Break has 2 choices one with killer guard dogs One without.

P.P.S. Also other MP-coop missions using Icebraker's other quality Islands:cool:

All none ACE stuff

Edited by jgaz-uk

Hi I made a number of 8 player multiplay coop missions set in Duala that you could help your self to. Find them on the LOL Majors server filter (lol)

There is a 4 part Pirates series etc & missions by other lol Dudes. You might find something in there that you could use...:o

P.s. I forgot Pirates II is on Quesh-Kibrul all the others on Duala. Prison Break has 2 choices one with killer guard dogs One without.

P.P.S. Also other MP-coop missions using Icebraker's other quality Islands:cool:

All none ACE stuff

Thanks mate. Have you released these missions here on the BI Forums? Also do these missions require extra addons?

No I've only made missions for the LoL Clowns (no respawn) Never bothered to upload to BI

Extra Addons; Think most just have Default & whatever comes with the Islands (Icebreakers) Cant really remember, there must be about 30 or more now also edited a number of other SP/to MP etc missions to LoL settings, = JIP but no respawn if you Die its Watch Or Go a bit like the Shampoo :yay:

link to the webpage http://www.nakedsquid.com/

Edited by jgaz-uk

Great map.

But...

1. What is the classname for the Leopard 1A5?
  2. What are the Airport ID's?

Edited by Araxiel

After a year (long story) I finally got to play on Duala using Warfare BE, and it has certainly been worth the wait. I'm seeing a high quality of level design right up there with Forgotten Hope and other mods. There's a sort of Far Cry 2 feel the savannah parts of the island as well as some serious atmosphere developing in some battles due to the layout. I set the time to 05.00 and watched as the sun came up, colours changing, mist in valleys. I could go on.

Now. Those damn mosquitoes :681:

After a year (long story) I finally got to play on Duala using Warfare BE, and it has certainly been worth the wait. I'm seeing a high quality of level design right up there with Forgotten Hope and other mods. There's a sort of Far Cry 2 feel the savannah parts of the island as well as some serious atmosphere developing in some battles due to the layout. I set the time to 05.00 and watched as the sun came up, colours changing, mist in valleys. I could go on.

Now. Those damn mosquitoes :681:

And if you want to experience most detailed MP event in Duala I suggest you try Duala Conflict mission found on public servers.

And if you want to experience most detailed MP event in Duala I suggest you try Duala Conflict mission found on public servers.

Thanks for the tip. However I'm not really ready for online MP prime time yet being newish to ArmA. But I'm more of an AI person as it is. Do you have any SP/AI mission recommendations for Duala ? I've been using Warfare BE but it needs a lot of tweaking and won't be optimised for AI until 74 release.