Does anyone have a good high resolution map of Isla Duala with all town labels? I have seen some from the earlier versions but most didnt include all the town names etc. A link to one would be great.

PS: Icebreakr, your maps are awesome. Keep up the good work, hope to see an African map for A3 when it drops.

I got a M113, but it uses Arrowhead textures, so I cannot use it. Duala is non-OA release.

If you have contact with Vilas (I think you do), then you can try to get an M113 off of him, I know he has a few variants.

I got a M113, but it uses Arrowhead textures, so I cannot use it. Duala is non-OA release.

About flag - Duala has no united flag, so when island is represented they use both flags side by side.

couldnt you use the arma1 m113?

I have something better than M113 from great man Vilas ;)

Anyhow, first things first - you're still waiting on Lingor update :]

I have something better than M113 from great man Vilas ;)

Anyhow, first things first - you're still waiting on Lingor update :]

we waiting on Lingor update

You have a week time to post any bugs for v1.99.

So far I've noticed and will be fixed:

- very steep & bumpy road near the central border (when you head from Molatia across the river and turn to 2nd path on the right)

- pinzgauer crew is visible when there is smoke/dust nearby (old paa version issue)

- remove loading screens

- add APC transporter (AIFV or M113) for AFR

- add MSO points

Other features:

- helmets for some MOL soldier types

- replace Steyr Aug sound by a new one made by NZDF_Crash

- fixed 1A5 Leo sound issue, can be heard for miles with 1.95 config

- increase mass of alien tank

Interesting, ideas for new themes and addons finished for A2 :D?! UFO is last chanse?

Has anyone who has access to the latest update (or Ice, if you've messed with it) tried laser guided munitions on this map with aircraft? I still have issues with the last official release with either the A-10 or the AV-8 not wanting to drop on laser energy on this map only, no addons other than the Duala stuff. On all other maps, it works fine.

Just wondering if anyone has messed with this.

Hi Guys,

One thing I noticed was that if you place satchels and destroy any of the radar towers like the one on GR:059953, the radar tips over but from one side you can see all the earth and dirt sitting up in the air which looks horrible. Perhaps it could be fixed by changing the editor object or something. I was going to make it part of my campaign to destroy the radars, but when I saw that I figured I couldn't because it doesnt look very good.

Other than that..no bones to pick here. Thanks for you hard work Icebreakr and Co.

Thanks

Rough Knight.

hi, anyone know how i can get rid of the isla duala load screens?

Dunno about new update for Duala, Ice very busy with Lingor now ;)

Zorg_DK: simply delete ui_duala.pbo file.

hunter11: thank you!

gatordev: check the addons you have active, it should work.

Zorg_DK: simply delete ui_duala.pbo file.

hunter11: thank you!

cheers, thanks. good work btw.

Hi Guys,

One thing I noticed was that if you place satchels and destroy any of the radar towers like the one on GR:059953, the radar tips over but from one side you can see all the earth and dirt sitting up in the air which looks horrible. Perhaps it could be fixed by changing the editor object or something. I was going to make it part of my campaign to destroy the radars, but when I saw that I figured I couldn't because it doesnt look very good.

Other than that..no bones to pick here. Thanks for you hard work Icebreakr and Co.

Thanks

Rough Knight.

That's due to the destrType value:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgVehicles_Config_Reference#destrType

Buildings will sink down into the ground, if I remember correctly. The tip-over is for most all of the objects like signs, etc. Run into them, they tip over. Which as you observe is a problem when you can see "under" them. Only way to fix is to have them sink into the ground via changing this value, OR set the damage animations to "damage hide" parts. There's also a "wreck" LOD but I've never played with that so I don't know how it works.

If you do the "damage hide" animation, it would mean you must edit the model and make many parts of it this animation. In addition you should change the class Damage value to give it one of the BIS damage textures - the ones that make any vehicle look like a burned-out wreck when it is destroyed. If you REALLY wanted to, you could break out part (or parts) of the dish and make little sections so that a damaged dish would look like it had chunks blown out of it. LOTS of work however... meaning longer time between updates ;) If for some reason you can't edit the original, then you could change the inheritance and basically make a copy of the original. Then you could change the destrType of the copy and simply let it sink into the ground.

But you're probably talking about objects that BIS made and configured in vanilla configs? I don't remember putting down a custom radar object on Duala.

But you're probably talking about objects that BIS made and configured in vanilla configs? I don't remember putting down a custom radar object on Duala.

Yes, these radars are the warfare radars, and are vanilla objects. I can make you a sample mission if you would like so you can see it and decide if you want to do anything about it. Personally I would remove them as they could be added by a mission maker, however I am not sure if they are strategicaly placed [they typically are located on high ground which is logical]....but you are the boss : )

To be honest, maybe ingame no-one would place a satchel or try to blow one up from the ground anyway. You wouldnt notice the graphical glitch from an aircraft. I just saw the issue so thought I would mention it.

Thanks

Rough Knight.

Edited by Rough Knight

If they are BIS objects, then the "new child" trick will suffice. Make a new config.cpp and inherit from a building, and point the model = to the radar model. Give it a new name and that should do the trick - you'll have a new "building" object that will behave as any other building - it will blow up and fall into the ground when it gets destroyed. Problem solved. Then edit the map to use the new building instead of the original.

I'll give it another try, but on both 1.5x and 1.6, with only your island and units loaded, I'd have the problem. Works fine on other vanilla and 3rd party islands. A small price to pay for a great island, though.

Yes, these radars are the warfare radars, and are vanilla objects. I can make you a sample mission if you would like so you can see it and decide if you want to do anything about it. Personally I would remove them as they could be added by a mission maker, however I am not sure if they are strategicaly placed [they typically are located on high ground which is logical]....but you are the boss : )

I've seen the same thing that j_frost mentions. Somebody crashes into a radar or lobs a bunch of rockets towards it and it falls over. Sounds like hcpookie has a solution, which would be great.

+1 vote for hcpookie's solution then. I don't know how much work is in that, but sounds like a good solution if IceBreakr and Co could spare the time for the next update whenever that may be.

Thanks

Rough Knight

Next update is right after the release of Lingor update, so I might add that nifty candy in it.

What about animals and enterable buildings :) ;)?!