Ah, let there be an African speeches this time!! (wishing ass off) :bounce3:

Isla Duala 1.96 (Full & Lite) is being prepared:

- small bugfixes

- squirrel and viggen units are now under correct standard Air vehicle class

- AS350 squirrel (unarmed version) doesn't have a graphics glitch anymore

etc.

Icebreakr,

I know you mentioned it before, but I've lost track of it in this thread a few pages back...

Are you keeping the GLT Missile Box "backend" on your planes or are they independent of it now? Regardless of your answer, I'll continue to use your fantastic set of addons, I was just curious as to where your head was at now with it.

GLT Myke made the Afrenian Viggen plane function independently to GLT, it features all the realistic stuff from his addon. So, the Duala pack is all inclusive :)

GLT Myke made the Afrenian Viggen plane function independently to GLT, it features all the realistic stuff from his addon. So, the Duala pack is all inclusive :)

Like he says. The model and config values are identical to the GLT Missilebox but classnames are different (in fact, changed the glt_ tag to ibr_ tag) so they wont interfere and can be used (if required) alongside each other.

Is that in the coming update or in the current released version? Sorry, I'm following what you guys are saying, just not in which version you're talking about.

Is that in the coming update or in the current released version? Sorry, I'm following what you guys are saying, just not in which version you're talking about.

If in doubt, always read the opening post. ;)

Quote from the latest changelog:

- removed dependency to CBA & MissileBox and added Myke's standalone ibr_missilebox for Viggen

Myke;1997200']If in doubt' date=' always read the opening post. ;)

Quote from the latest changelog:[/quote']

Oops. Thanks Myke. Sorry about that.

Good news:

- next version of island will have Berghoff's brg_africa.pbo included, featuring sign file with V2 signature. And he even fixed "some weird material artifact" on antiaris tree ;)

Well, so far changes in upcoming v1.96:

Island changes:

- added final brg_africa v1.24 (V2 signature and antiaris tree texture fix)

- fixed grid offset for artillery (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/20445)

- smoothed out road near Numbo and Ursana

- new clearing E of Mawimbela near river pass

- new factory and a farm near Kirabo

- further improvements to satmap

- upgraded the Pumado Armybase

Units changes:

- vehicle classes for Viggens and AS-350 Squirrels now use standard Air class

- unarmed AS350 Squirrel versions dont have a graphics glitch anymore

- replaced Leopard 1A5 crew from Rifleman to Crewman

- Leopard sound distance fixed, new realistic engine sounds

- zetaborn aliens now have alien weapons when respawned

- tweaked Gazelle & Mig-21 handling according to RL pilots

- replaced Mig-21 sounds with improved real recordings

Hi Icey! No new news in here for a three weeks or so ? Have you abandoned your loyals Duala fans ? :(

I'm awaiting one addon update. And two other islands are in the making (Lingor v1.33 & Balkania v0.1)...

Good to hear. I was convinced you abandon your projects. Pffff, yeah right. ;)

Folks,

Great island! Heaps of fun, particularly with wheeled/amphib armor...

Huge thanks to Icebreakr and all other contributors.

A couple of small building issues (and I've tried to find any posts relating to these elsewhere in this thread but haven't found them...):

- Climbing the 'posed.p3d' guard towers - I've fallen off every time I get to the top of the ladder as it won't let me into the top of the tower.

- Some door issues entering the open external office door of 'army_hut_int.p3d' & 'army_hut2_int.p3d' and moving through the internal door of 'army_hut_long_int.p3d'. You can get through but sometimes need to 'step over' the door threshold or move side-to-side until you get through. Not big problems if you're just walking around but when you're in the middle of a firefight and want cover, it can be deadly.

Cheers,

Dreadnought1

Edited by Dreadnought1

Hi there, just wanted to share my take on how the Molatian army might be organized (/likes orders of battle...), with a few liberties taken. I tried to keep to the spirit of what IceBreakr's said in this thread whilst adding my own interpretations and imagination of things. Should note I'm unaware of the population numbers and true scale of Isla Duala.

Numbers are based off Soviet TO&Es.

~35,000 personnel (20% being volunteers)

• Ministry of Defence (Molatia)
  • Molatian Army
  • Molatian Army Ground Forces
  • Southern Military District
  • 1st Tank Regiment (T-72 + BMP-2) - 1,050 (Volunteer)
  • 2nd Tank Regiment (T-55 + BMP-2) - 1,120 (Mixed)
  • 3rd Mechanized Regiment (BMP-2 + T-72/T-55) - 2,500 (Mixed)
  • 5th Mechanized Regiment (BMP-2 + T-55) - 2,500 (Mixed)
  • 8th Infantry Regiment (Ural) - 2,000 Conscript
  • 10th Infantry Regiment (Ural) - 2,000 Conscript
  • 15th Infantry Regiment (Ural) - 2,000 Conscript
  • Artillery Regiment (AAA + D-30s + BM-21s) - 1,200
  • SSM Battalion (FROG-7s)
  • Northern Military District
  • 6th Infantry Regiment (Ural) - 2,000 (Mixed)
  • 9th Infantry Regiment (Ural) - 2,000 (Conscript)
  • 12th Amphibious Infantry Regiment (BTR-70 + BMP-2) - 1,400 (Volunteer)
  • 2 x Independent Tank Battalions (T-55s) - 170 x 2 (Mixed)
  • 1 x Guard Mechanized Battalion (BMP-2s) - 500 (Volunteer)
  • Border Guard
  • Special Command
  • Molatian Army Commando Regiment - 800 (Volunteer)
  • Molatian Army Special Forces Regiment - Volunteer
  • 2 x Jungle Infantry Battalion (200 x 2)
  • Airmobile Battalion (250)
  • Molatian Army Air Forces
  • Attack Aviation Regiment (Su-24)
  • Fighter Aviation Regiment (MiG-21)
  • Helicopter Regiment (Mi-8 + Mi-24)
  • Molatian Army Naval Corps
  • Coast Guard

Cheers,

@Xarxemas, seems alot of Infantry for a small nation. Would Molatian have the necessary Capital to even run that size of an army?

@Xarxemas, seems alot of Infantry for a small nation. Would Molatian have the necessary Capital to even run that size of an army?

Tbh, I have no idea, hence why I mentioned I had no idea what the population is or if the game map is true to scale. Though I think the order of battle is fairly scaleable.

It more has to do with being supportive to his own people feeding their needs, seeing to solve their problems, then it has to do with capitalist inequalty kept in place.. This is not Afrenia after all, and those wolves in sheepcloth are not running the show in Molatia.

Do not forget the fact that Molatians are unwilling to cease support to their cause and President for a solid good reason! Why should they give up their independence from those oil-hogging crooks sitting down the southern border?

Why should they allow for multinational foreign folks to slurp their resources where they haven't anything to say about it, where all wealth is accumulating elswehere as soon as President is brought down from his ruling?

The Molatian may be seen as poor, but poor are those living in a world of wealth whilst still being an absolute slave to their masters. Poor are those who want change away from that system, and not be granted more equalty for all themselves therein included ofcourse.

Molatia is often referred to as being a communist-esque state, but Molatia however is more successfull then most people like to admit. Yes.. President may have called for harsh methods, but everyone has workjob to tend to, and the army is well fed from sold exports, like coconut-industry. (palm oil aswell.)

The new harbour that Molatia had recently invested into building will one day cause the rich Molatian phishing-grounds to be used to notch up national wealth, whilst all other seas are emptied by those evil foreigners Afrene collaborates with. Molatia has it's hightide coming for sure. And it'll be a people's victory for the glory of them and their humble rightous President included.

That is why the Army is so big, because they're willing to stand up for their cause, out of idealism, and being backed properly by their leadership cadres in a mutual lucrative way of absolute equality for all to enjoy.

Look at them Afrenes sitting in divide most rather poor, some extremely rich. Pathetic to sell your folks out like that, is it not? (in this case figuratively speaking, but palm-trees can be planted and grow, but raw fossil-fuel oil isn't as replacable.)

And if the moment's there for the taking, Molatia will liberate Afrene from those pesky mosquitos sucking their neighbours dry. Capitalism is a system on decline and leads to inequality and ultimately war. For prolonged injustice is not tolerated wherever you go. In the end People win the day for that matter.

Atleast the Molatian President understands that.

Nice going folks, I like to read your stories ;) just keep down the numbers of personnel, Duala is not a big island and towns are pretty scarce and small. No army is able to gather 35,000 men on such a small island. Numbers are much lower, 10 times perhaps of that.

@Sweguy96: With what estimated ratio per nation according to your previous reply's set standard of 35.000 max? Molatia 3:1 birth:death ratio, with Afrene's 2:1 by estimated comparrison? Not only is Afrenia smaller by square mile/km, it also has less brighter future setting people running against one another, instead of brotherly work together communist style the way that was originally meant to be. (before RL powerhungry bastards messed up the working concept of it all.)

I do recall Icebreakr had already gave an estimate somewhere litteral dozens of pages back himself, vaguely remembering making a statement that he wasn't able to keep track of the amount of buildings used, where all objects are totalled together instead, having no reference on specific items summed up.

But then there's another feasable possibility to try our minds on: Amount of square mile/km totalling the whole map's land-area's. What we then can do, is seek out equal sized African nation, per example Lesotho or KwaZulu-Nathal Native-Reservations having their own government and autonomic rule.

So that will give us quite an estimate on possible population-figures being just able to sustain themselves on rather comparable landmass being available in real-life.

However in contrast to Molatia, I'd rather would compare Afrenia to Monaco (bordering France territory) or San Marino (bordering Italy territory) mini-states instead.

For what we figuratively deal with here, are differences in systems run by both fictional countries..

Developed nation = smaller populace; Whereas still developing country in general means bigger populace..

Atleast, since Duala is projected as portraying African nations and all that..

Edited by Thani '82
Sorry, couldn't resist writing yet another wall of text..! ;-)

Hi there, just wanted to share my take on how the Molatian army might be organized (/likes orders of battle...), with a few liberties taken. I tried to keep to the spirit of what IceBreakr's said in this thread whilst adding my own interpretations and imagination of things. Should note I'm unaware of the population numbers and true scale of Isla Duala.

Numbers are based off Soviet TO&Es.

~35,000 personnel (20% being volunteers)

• Molatian Army
  • 1st Tank Regiment (T-72 + BMP-2) - 1,050 (Volunteer)
  • 2nd Tank Regiment (T-55 + BMP-2) - 1,120 (Mixed)
  • 3rd Mechanized Regiment (BMP-2 + T-72/T-55) - 2,500 (Mixed)
  • 5th Mechanized Regiment (BMP-2 + T-55) - 2,500 (Mixed)
  • 8th Infantry Regiment (Ural) - 2,000 Conscript
  • 10th Infantry Regiment (Ural) - 2,000 Conscript
  • 15th Infantry Regiment (Ural) - 2,000 Conscript
  • SSM Battalion (FROG-7s)
  • 6th Infantry Regiment (Ural) - 2,000 (Mixed)
  • 9th Infantry Regiment (Ural) - 2,000 (Conscript)
  • 12th Amphibious Infantry Regiment (BTR-70 + BMP-2) - 1,400 (Volunteer)
  • 2 x Independent Tank Battalions (T-55s) - 170 x 2 (Mixed)
  • 1 x Guard Mechanized Battalion (BMP-2s) - 500 (Volunteer)
  • Border Guard
  • Special Command
  • Molatian Army Commando Regiment - 800 (Volunteer)
  • Molatian Army Special Forces Regiment - Volunteer
  • 2 x Jungle Infantry Battalion (200 x 2)
  • Airmobile Battalion (250)
  • Attack Aviation Regiment (Su-24)
  • Fighter Aviation Regiment (MiG-21)
  • Helicopter Regiment (Mi-8 + Mi-24)
  • Coast Guard

Cheers,

Taking into account what's been mentioned, I scaled it all down. How's this look?

4,500 personnel (including support)

• Molatian Army
  • I Brigade - ~2800
  • 1st Mechanized Battalion (T-72/T-55 + BMP-2) - 450 (Volunteer)
  • 2nd Mechanized Battalion (T-55 + BMP-2) - 400 (Mixed)
  • 7th Infantry Battalion (Ural) - 350 (Conscript)
  • 8th Infantry Battalion (Ural) - 350 (Conscript)
  • 1st Artillery Regiment (D-30s + BM-21s) - 500
  • Air Defence Battalion (AAA) - 350
  • SSM Company (FROG-7s) - 120
  • II Brigade - ~1300
  • 3rd Mechanized Battalion (T-55 + BMP-2) - 400 (Volunteer)
  • 6th Infantry Battalion (Ural) - 350 (Mixed)
  • 12th Amphibious Infantry Battalion (BTR-70 + BMP-2) - 350 (Volunteer)
  • Border Guard
  • Special Command
  • Molatian Army Commando Regiment - (Volunteer)
  • 2 x Commando Companies (80x2)
  • Molatian Army Special Forces Regiment - (Volunteer)
  • 2 x Jungle Infantry Detachment (40 x 2)
  • Airmobile Detachment (52)
  • Attack Aviation Squadron (Su-24)
  • 2 x Fighter Aviation Squadron (MiG-21)
  • Attack Helicopter Squadron (Mi-24)
  • Transport Squadron (Mi-8 + others)
  • Coast Guard