ok in the missions we found a ibr_isladuala , we try to change that but no occur

wait i send u the link here : warfare benny 2.068

well i'm at work i can't look into that atm. Stupid question ,but is your server updated? so only pbo's from 1.91 ? maybe the mission wants the pbo's from the old duala version. So if your server is running the new ones, you can't play. And maybe on your harddrive, in your @duala folder, you got both, old version and new version, cause when i remember right, they got different names, so you're able to play it..

you should delete the ibr_isladuala line in the required addons class in the mission.sqm under addons[] and addonsAuto[] , then delete all the old duala files from your @duala\addons\.... - folder, so you only have the "new" 1.91 files, then go to editor with @duala(1.91) launched as the ONLY addon. in the editor hit save and save to multiplayer missions. Then it should auto-add the new duala version as the only required addon.

Edit: it's just a guess, i can't repro.. did you port BE lite to Duala , or who did that??

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

on the server is only run 1.91 , on our hdd is only run 1.91 NO older visions before(deleted before)

ok fruity rudy i try it with the editor... i give u a feedback

on the server is only run 1.91 , on our hdd is only run 1.91 NO older visions before(deleted before)

ok fruity rudy i try it with the editor... i give u a feedback

Well if you are the one who ported the mission to duala, there is no need to try it in the editor, cause you only have 1.91. Then i cannot help, sorry

Dear IceBreakr, thanks for your work.

I would also like to make some comments and suggestions.

* IMHO, for the main assault rifle of Afrenians, G-3 or FN-FAL would be a more realistic choice. These two are the most popular western rifles used in sub-Saharan Africa.

* Regarding aircraft. In relatively small areas, as Duala is, attack helicopters and other close-air support aircraft would play a greater role than supersonic jets. IMHO, Mi-24s and Su-25s would do well for both sides, as it is not unusual to see a mixture of Soviet/Western hardware used in Africa.

* Light armored wheeled vehicles and improvised civilian pick-ups also seem to be widely used in there.

* Molatian soliders should have some helmets and other headgear. In fact, a standard PASGT helmet (with or without cover) could be a good option, as it seems to be popular even with those of the African armies that have used Soviet/Chinese equipment.

africansoldiersfromrwanne3.jpg

3009648ab0.jpg

* Both sides' tank crews should have suitable helmets.

* Some commando units on both sides would be welcome, like these, for example

80197835ig6.jpg

* High ranking officers and female civilians would also be interesting.

Kind regards.

Edited by W0lle

Honestly the way those guys look right there in that picture for those commandos look pretty much like Molatians camo.

I don't think IceBreakr or anyone onboard on his team of fellow-contributors are about to change the Molatian army units anytime soon.

This was said some time ago, and clearly should not be expected due to IceBreakr's private time spending with his newborn child to care for.

But what I still hope for, is to one day see some kind of appropriate head-gear appear on Molatian units (all besides the Molatian officer)

What I was thinking of is something along these lines:

foot-soldiers wearing MolCam combat-caps, tank-crews wearing the light-brown colored CDF type Tank-helmet.

Officers should be the only ones wearing berets, apart from perhaps indeed something like commando's, to make these stand out from regular soldiers.

But ya, only time will tell if anything is going to be done with such polite meant suggestions. But again: Don't expect anything soon. Real life always comes first. So good luck, and much fun with the kiddo Ice!

Err... I'm taking notes on everything guys. And Thani, its not due 'til August ;)

Good luck with that little tot of yours, Ice.

And Thani, its not due 'til August ;)

It will be August before you know it! But yeah, thanks alot for everything you and your team, and fellow-contributors had made so far! :)

I did a lot of changes in the recent week. I'm waiting on Berghoff to check the "AI Issue" with the foliage of his and I'll release an update then. Same goes for Lingor...

p.s. any clue where to get a proper MLOD of a helmet?

Edited by IceBreakr

One thing I like to ask from Icebreakr.. Because you´ve been saying that Duala is kind of tribute to a old Tonal addon back in OFP times. I remember when I played Tonal, it had also an african "speech" with a locals. If I remember right, the sounds/speaks was ripped from some Delta Force game. Anyway the atmosphere was very cool when those African forces actually shout and talk some african language.

Could that kind of "language pack" be possible to have in Duala, ever ?

Maltti

Any thoughts at the moment if this could be true at some point ?

Maltti

Since when is @brg_africa another dependency of Isla Duala? That issue kept our people crashing or beeing kicked from the server.

Is there a place where you announce that stuff so I can fetch an RSS? It'd be nice to know in advance so we can prepare the server. :)

I'm not downgrading the work you and others do on Isla Duala. It's an awsome map. So great that we built our training mission on it with a lot of shooting ranges, parcours and all that.

But if it freaks out and makes people to crash, it's not good. :) Looking forward to some sort of solution for that.

(Btw. the server catched updates for isla duala with brg_africa.pbo in the @isla_duala dir. But people have to fetch @brg_africa trough Sixupdater manually. It's not included in their download/update for @isla_duala. Intended?)

Thanks for your help and the awsome island. :)

@banshee: Duala has always required Berghoff's African Foliage (brg_africa.pbo),

and it really doesn't matter in which mod folder it's in, as long as the server admin has allowed the 3 .bikey files on the server: brg.bikey, ibr.bikey, ibr_duala191.bikey

(brg_africa is required for at least 3 islands on SU network so it makes sense to keep it in it's own modfolder instead of duplicating it for each island)

Edited by Robalo_AS

@Banshee: Last time I checked brg_africa was included in the RAR/7z, so the issues your having would probably be related to how the Six Updater divided it.

Banshee: emmm... Berghoff did the African Foliage *for* Duala at first and many others used it for new projects after that. So its been included since the first (0.99beta I believe?) release?

Anyway, I'll ask him what is the deal with the AI issue couple of guys reported. And new version is coming after that.

I'll be donating to you for this when I have some funds. You certainly deserve it :D. I could write a poem about that Leopard tank.

I got this working last night for the first time. I have had difficulty getting any of my addons working. I finally scrapped "-mod=" and just used the expansions menu.. viola ! All addons loading now.

I have some missions downloaded that I need to try ... but is there anything out there that populates the entire Island ? I know I could do this in the editor but I don't know enough about it to do this yet. Civilian vehicles driving between towns ? Jets in the sky ? On going life that you can just watch while being a tourist.

jonneymendoza, DJ_Barney & others: thanks, I'm glad you like the project. Mind that there are other people helping me out with the units, objects and stuff - Vilas made that crazy cool Leopard and Wld427 from PRACS made it workable for me, all I did was the new leo skin and recheck of RL vs Sim parameters.

RH: Yup, only if I managed to arm them (help?) with gunpod and TOW launcher ;) Since Iraq is getting 6 new SA.342Ms I'm thinking of giving them out to Molatia (with similiar skin). Or maybe a Hind and Gazelle for Afrenians? Haven't decided yet.

Edited by IceBreakr

if your trying to decide between the Hind and the Gazelle, while the Gazelle would be very cool...I'd vote Hind because in its current state the Afrenian Army has to walk into battle, some type of aircraft that can transport at least part of a squad would be a very welcome addition

Or both:teeth: Liking the Gazelle but you could always just do an reskin on the hind part, dont know about the Gazelle part. Trouble did one but it really needs some fixing up, top blades, rotor blades just to say few. If you can get in touch with him im sure you guys could come up with some goods. On the Afrenian Army, think in the next update we could see them with different weapons instead of the AUGs?

Hehe 1in1class ^^ If you look at the Dev-Heaven thing he says it's the one from Trouble he's working on :P At least thats what I read into it when I read 'Incorporate Aérospatiale Gazelle by Trouble into both armies.' Hehehehe ^^

Oooo, lol. Did not know it was in the works for both armies. Thats good news:wink_o: Thanks for the info:smileee: Hope to see the Afrenian Army have some AK's or FN's, even the M16s for there main arsenal to replace them AUGs.