)rStrangelove;1885369']

Or am i missing something?

You're not missing anything :)

However, i am in contact with IceBreakr and he knows whatever way he choses to go, i will back him up as far i'm involved with.

But to be honest, i see here one thing happen that i've observed quite a few times: people asking for moar moar moar (realism/units/weapons..just everything) and when you give them more...."oh, i have to use an addon? oh no, this isn't what i meant or wanted!!11!!".

Mission Impossible: please everyone.

Remember, i showed a way how people could lean in vehicles. Guess how many people asked to include this feature in the addons they're making?

But i'm going OT here, sorry.

So people, it's IceBreakr's island, his addonpack so he's the only one who decides how it's done. Deal with it or leave it alone.

@Ice

Is it possible to create (or change) a config file for "Duala lite" so that we dont need the "African Civilians"

Regards

(ST6)Predator

Edited by (ST6)Predator

Myke, what happens if some people on a server have the missilebox loaded and some people don't (say on a mission that's not set on Duala)? Is this a scenario you've perhaps tested?

I run the glt missle box all the time on servers that dont have it and have never had a problem. The addon has never been an issue with any island or any mission that does not include it.

I run the glt missle box all the time on servers that dont have it and have never had a problem. The addon has never been an issue with any island or any mission that does not include it.
Except that your missiles / bombs behave differently from other people that don't have the box. Unfair even in coop, and probably considered cheating in PvP.

IMO a model replacement / supplement, like a sound replacement, shouldn't touch config properties, such things should be seperated, so that server owners can allow replacement addons freely (optionally), while property changes are either denied, or allowed and enforced - forcing everyone equal on the server.

Now nobody actually realizes that missilebox (a model replacement/supplement),

is changing the behaviour of some of the players, but not others.

But, this is rather off-topic and a question of design, and involves a lot of mods.

Edited by Sickboy

SeFiXnEBvBg&NR

Well, i guess the issues with some having the Missilebox loaded and some not are the same like some have ACE loaded and some not.

:EDITH:
The proper place to discuss issues with the GLT Missilebox would be here. Funny enough no one ever noted or even complaint about it, just now as it is included in Duala all of a sudden it is a problem. Maybe get the finger out of the a$$ and report problems at the time and place they arise would help the addonmakers to get things sorted. Edited by [FRL]Myke

Myke;1885417']

Well' date=' i guess the issues with some having the Missilebox loaded and some not are the same like some have ACE loaded and some not.[/quote']

Exactly... and really it's basically the same as saying "Well people with soundmods have an unfair advantage because they can easily tell what vehicles are around and they can hear distant explosions clearer or even bulletcracks are more effective so they can better tell the direction the shot is coming".

Also what about people that use mods like GLT Sights or people that use TGW's Flir/Vehicle fixes?

Bottom line is, if you are using Duala and these planes, EVERYBODY will have GLT MissileBox and nobody will have an unfair advantage. If you are on a PvP server, they can force people to use the proper mods and if it's co-op... well you are probably playing with a group of friends anyways, so just get them to have the mods. I really don't understand why people are so anti-mods. If this game didn't have a community for mods and scripting, I'd be gone a while ago and I'm sure a lot of other people would as well.

Myke;1885417']Well' date=' i guess the issues with some having the Missilebox loaded and some not are the same like some have ACE loaded and some not.[/quote']IMO not a good comparison and also not the point either - players running ACE will only join servers running ACE, thus there's mod equality.

Besides, ACE is announced as a Full Conversion Mod, and not just as a sound or model replacement pack etc.

Problem is there's plenty of mods out there who are released as one thing, but actually do more than that, example is sound mods who not just replace sounds, but change fireModes, muzzles, weapon / ammo properties / behaviour (ballistics).

The least of the problems in that case is even the unequality of connected players...

The bigger problems are the technical ramifications of these differences in multiplayer.

report problems at the time and place they arise would help the addonmakers to get things sorted.
You mean like these posts, who are then ignored? http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1880703&postcount=661

(And more in general; most of the time they are misunderstood, and end in drama)

In any case, this is the first time I read about the config properties changes, so hence im mentioning it just now.

And I fully stand behind you and IceBreakr for including the missilebox and cba, I hope you do not misunderstood me :)

Edited by Sickboy

players running ACE will only join servers running ACE

Proven or guessed?

Afaik there is a server config option called equalModRequired or am i wrong? Sorry, i'm not very used with server configuration.

Who said it has been ignored? Just because i didn't replied? Sorry, that's right, should have replied, my bad. But be assured that it hasn't been ignored and surely will find it's way in the next update which is planned (do not quote me on that) in the first half of april.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Damn, I feel kinda bad for basically hijacking this thread...

Perhaps we should continue elsewhere or private.

(And perhaps it was more correct to point this out in the airforce thread in the first place, and not involve it during the ongoing Duala mod-inclusion discussion, sorry.)

Myke;1885426']Proven or guessed?

Afaik there is a server config option called equalModRequired or am i wrong? Sorry' date=' i'm not very used with server configuration.

[/quote']Well the main point is that people know what they get with a full conversion mod, in that sense that it does more than replacing models/sounds; it will probably replace/change a lot more.

(With ACE there's also a general note that ACE players should only play on ACE servers, and visa versa)

While with addons released as model or sound replacement packs, you many times get more changes than just model/sound replacements, with the results described in my previous post.

Then there's been reports of servers crashing when having ACE and non ACE users connected, so proven I guess.

EqualModsRequired I think isn't used anymore after ofp or arma1.

Especially now with some mod-hashes madness i think, but otherwise, server signatures is what people use these days mostly.

But again, the problem really is that server owners will allow sound mods, model replacement packs etc, on the basis that these mods only change sounds or models - while in fact this isn't the case many times.

So you get a server which e.g enforces using ACE, but allowing optionally the missilebox, and some sound mods, now you get everyone connecting with ACE, but one guy has the missile box, another dude doesn't,

some guy uses sound mod X, and another guy sound mod Y, and another dude doesn't use any soundmod.

Now that would all be perfect, if in fact these addons only changed sounds and models, but in reality they change more, so you get an unequal mix, with usually technical problems as a result, next to possibly unfair unequality.

In case of the missilebox - no technical problems foreseen, but some players will have advantage over others when it comes to missiles/bombs, while it's also unknown / not transparant to the players / server owner.

IMO it would be more correct if the property changes were seperated, and signed with a different key, but that also brings increased complexity.

Who said it has been ignored? Just because i didn't replied? Sorry, that's right, should have replied, my bad. But be assured that it hasn't been ignored and surely will find it's way in the next update which is planned (do not quote me on that) in the first half of april.

Yea I suppose lack of reply does make it seem ignored, or unappreciated, but I suppose that's also in the eye of the beholder.

Edited by Sickboy

some players will have advantage over others when it comes to missiles/bombs

Sorry, but it's just…if they think it's not fair why don't they just download GLT Missilebox too? If everyone has it, then all's fair…

This is just my opinion, but certain addons should be considered "standard issue" meaning everyone should have them. CBA & GLT Missilebox definitely fall into that category.

Either way, Isla Duala is a great island…more then just another island. Icebreakr took the time to create a whole backstory and history that goes with the island and it's units. To that end, I was wondering if anyone has considered making an Isla Duala campaign that follows the storyline laid out by Icebreakr? With missions playable on both factions (using the addons of course).

=^.^=,,,

Sorry, but it's just…if they think it's not fair why don't they just download GLT Missilebox too? If everyone has it, then all's fair…

This is just my opinion, but certain addons should be considered "standard issue" meaning everyone should have them. CBA & GLT Missilebox definitely fall into that category.

I'll download whatever Icebreakr gives us, I like addons... but you are way off when you start telling us what everyone should have. Don't go there... nothing is 'standard issue' except for BIS official addons.

[snipped]

And many other vanilla classes are similarly revised.

I stand corrected and withdraw my comment.

My posts have nothing todo with IceBreakr's inclusion of the addons. It's great they have been included. Read them all if you wanna catch up :)

(Already pointed out it wasn't very tactful of mine to bring it into the ongoing conversation :P)

Edited by Sickboy

AFAIK "equalmodsrequired" doesn't work as intended and is quite useless because it requires both server and client to even have modfolders set in the exact same way, or something like that.

IMO if a mod changes actual gameplay it should have a running script that checks if you're a player on a server that isn't running it and if yes kick you (or end the mission for you immediately), and same on server use a trick to run code on the clients that does a similar check. If I can put that in a mission script, and there's already a method (which I haven't tried, but is supposed to work) to make the server run code on clients' machines, then there's no real reason for a mod to not be able to do those checks on its own, without the need to script it into every mission.

Could even have a separate server-side addon that deals purely with the checking, so it can also work for addons that didn't have something like this included already.

But anyway this probably deserves its own thread ("how to enforce equal mods since the equalmodsrequired parameter is useless").

I would just like to point out that if you run Mando Missile, which can be run completely server-side if you use the script suite and include it in the missile file, this whole Missilebox discussion is moot because it replaces created missiles with its own.

I would just like to point out that if you run Mando Missile, which can be run completely server-side if you use the script suite and include it in the missile file, this whole Missilebox discussion is moot because it replaces created missiles with its own.
It can't replace missiles with it's own when it's a mission script, or server-side only, because you need addons to create 'own' missiles / bombs, and everyone needs to have these addons before it works correctly for all connected.

But I think we have jacked this thread enough by now, perhaps we should move elsewhere - getting people back on topic here.

Edited by Sickboy

Things like missile speed, range, CM immunity, and control range are all set by Mando's scripts.

@Ice

Is it possible to create (or change) a config file for "Duala lite" so that we dont need the "African Civilians"

Regards

(ST6)Predator

ETA on the fixed lite version? :)

Love this island, ty IceBreaker!

Thank you for the beautiful screens Icebreakr! :)

I updated the downloadpages at Armaholic with them.

They can be seen here:

Isla Duala Lite

Isla Duala Full

I made sure to only show pictures of the landscape for Duala Lite and then I showed units and landscape for Duala full.

Thanks for the awesome island and units :D

@ICE: Outstanding work on this map (and your other ones)!

Don't get discouraged, you can never please them all.

In the end, you should go with the setup you feel is best representing YOUR vision of this map.

That's my only nitpick with Duala. The armies need more vehicles.

#1 Ural / 5Ton / even a VTS for Afrene

#2 UAZ for Molatia

#3 M113 for Afrene

#4 Mi-8 for Molatia

#5 A single armed version of the Pinz

#6 Offroads and pickup trucks for both sides (Not the armed versions, although for Molatia they could work) Basically a civ pickup truck in each nations camo.

~Afrene

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class/A2/vehicles/Wheeled/full/hilux1_civil_1_open.jpg

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class/A2/vehicles/Wheeled/full/hilux1_civil_2_covered.jpg

~Molatia

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class/A2/vehicles/Wheeled/full/datsun1_civil_1_open.jpg

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class/A2/vehicles/Wheeled/full/datsun1_civil_2_covered.jpg

#7 Retextured boat(s) for afrene and or molatia

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class/A2/vehicles/boats/full/Smallboat_2.jpg

and maybe a couple more things would make Duala a full fledged mod with a complete (Or complete enough) inventory for each army.

*This is not a request. This is just what I think it would take to have complete militaries for Afrene and Molatia*

Mate, what you might want to try is this. I used vilas p85 vehicles to flesh out the mech part of the Afrenian forces. I used the Polish SKOT apc. Its green and unmarked and works a treat. Alternatively you can use a BMP1. There are also plenty of trucks that have no markings on them as well.

I went this path as i was trying to create a mot. inf section for the Afrenains and the Pinz just didnt offer the protection i was looking for.

Ice please don't get discouraged by the discussions. Your islands are top notch :notworthy: (BI should hire you). It would be sad to lose a talented person such as yourself over a squabble such as this one.

The Afrenians look pretty awesome with the Steyr AUGs, not sure if you thought about possibly finding a better sound?

By the way this thread has started to waiver between off topic, and critical wish list i'd say Ice has done his job perfectly, can dust off, and go to work on his next project ;)