The rivers I think weren't really meant for major boat travel. And plus the Civi boats travel slow anyway XD (Max I got a Civ one was 7)

And currently I'm working on a new project myself :o Using Schnapsdrosel's new OA Mercs.

So far so good! Hehe... little missions at first... then it'll build into a war ^^ Just need help on what correct year Duala is supposedly based in >_> I'm guessing 2010 due to the editor starting time but I have no idea. =3 Mind lending bit of knowledge there Ice? X3 Hehe ^^

(ST6)Predator: I will issue next versions:

Isla Duala 1.91 Full

Isla Duala 1.91 Lite (Island only)

Isla duala 1.9->1.91 Patch (overwrite only)

There will be new bisign keys for all files.

@IceBreakr

Just checked and depending where/how you download duala you get different things for example if you download using the six updater you don't get glt_missilebox that you do get with the download from your site. Seems somewhat confusing, wouldn't it be easier to have one download and then have required addons glt_missilebox and cba. a bit like you did with lingor and the ibr_Plants v1.0 etc

@IceBreakr

Just checked and depending where/how you download duala you get different things for example if you download using the six updater you don't get glt_missilebox that you do get with the download from your site. Seems somewhat confusing, wouldn't it be easier to have one download and then have required addons glt_missilebox and cba. a bit like you did with lingor and the ibr_Plants v1.0 etc

What version of SU are you using? SU fully supports dependency management and if you grab IslaDuala from SU, it will automatically line up @glt_missilebox and @cba too.

2hhiomw.png

Edited by Sickboy

Yes but glt_missilebox.pbo also exists in @Isla_Duala\AddOns

Yes but glt_missilebox.pbo also exists in @Isla_Duala\AddOns
Not on SU http://updater.dev-heaven.net/mods/show/1e6ce802-f58c-11de-9834-0021855d3b6d

As said, it works with depencies instead - which makes no problems or other negative impact, rather the opposite.

@Anarcho; if dependencies don't work for you, please provide details @ http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=98609

Edited by Sickboy

anarcho & Defunkt: I can never make ppl happy - if there are required addons I play support where to get them and hear all the complaining. When I pack everything all together (with permission of Myke, for example) there are again complaints. What to do?

tpw: no clue what causes that ambient-civ bug...

Its seems I also have a bunch of radioprotocol bugs for example: "radio RUvoice for abrams.wss not found, radio RUvoice for tank_is_fubard.wss..." Any ideas how to fix that two issues folks?

Well once you accept that there's no pleasing everybody the only thing left to do is the right thing. IMO that is to not bundle dependent components because it creates problems for users who don't understand why the versions they install later don't appear to take effect, you might recall the perennial favourite in A1 was XEH. Not a complaint, just a suggestion.

It's one of the many reasons im so fanatic about SU.

Combining seperate mods into a single mod folder is imo not preferred, because of what Defunkt points out, as well as disk-space, bandwidth etc.

On the other hand, multiple modfolders makes it less comfortable for users, especially when they have to grab them by hand, even when the user is provided with the links for them.

I probably sound like a broken record but that's what SU takes perfect care of automatically and transparantly for the user.

But, even for casual distribution, perhaps it would be better to include the @modfolder of the dependencies in your package, which imo is much preferred over the 'including the pbos in single modfolder'.

@Sickboy dependencies work fine just didn't notice them as i was doing a complete fresh install of my game and was adding the glt stuff anyway, latest version of 6 :)

@IceBreakr complaining nope just a suggestion, worried that people would have problems due to duplicating addons without realising.

did you see my post re missile errors? happy to stick CIT in if you want after I've had some sleep.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1880141&postcount=1989

did you see my post re missile errors? happy to stick CIT in if you want after I've had some sleep.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1880141&postcount=1989

@IceBreakr, the fix for that issue is in ibr_viggen/config.cpp:

replace:

class Extended_fired_EventHandlers

with:

class Extended_firedBis_EventHandlers

Ticketed @ http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18400

I've never had any problems with manually installing mods or addons so using some kind of installer is pointless to me. But I know there are some people out there that are either too lazy to do things the old fashioned way or just don't understand that there are some "required addons" they may need to get the mod to work. So for those people I can see the need to bundle smaller addons into the package.

I don't get why anyone would want the Lite version though. Why would someone not want the units and vehicles that go with Isla Duala?! Unless they're running on some crappy old Win98 machine with a tiny HDD or dial-up…

I do however dislike having multiple mod folders, so I've packed all your islands and the units and required addons into one giant @Icebreakr mod folder. It doesn't really matter to me either way.

Whatever you choose to do Icebreakr is fine by me, I'm gonna definitely download the 1.91 as soon as it's released. It's a great island and well worth the time you spent on it.

Keep up the great work and we'll be looking forward to the next release.

=^.^=,,,

I don't get why anyone would want the Lite version though. Why would someone not want the units and vehicles that go with Isla Duala?! Unless they're running on some crappy old Win98 machine with a tiny HDD or dial-up…

Personally i like to play with as few addons as possible, so do the group I play with. What we do like is to play on new islands. A lite version with only the island makes it so much easier to link to instead of telling people what we need or not on the server. We do this to make the MP gameplay more accessible so the players dont need to make sure they have the latest update of x and y addon. Islands they dont mind to manage, but if we start to add x,y,z.... addon we need a completely different approach.

So in short, some like to play without addons but still like new islands for the vanilla units.

also our units is playing a pvp campaign based on duala,so we are very happy to know that a lite version is on the way.

The full version it's very good for coop and SP campaign,i like it very much,but our community ask for the lite version XD

You'll get it, now be constructive & productive and start reporting bugs :P

hmmm report bugs you say...

Well i have noticed that day =24hrs, that's not enough time when you factor in all the addon dependencies such as @wife and @daughter, bot of these addons conflict with Arma2 and duala :)

Top work ace.

@sv5000

you shouldn't have updated "Girlfriend 2.0" with "Wife 1.0" as it is known to install malware like "Daughter 1.0RC" or "Son Pre-beta". Also it is highly incompatible with "ArmA 2".

I'm affraid you'll have to stick with it as a complete deinstallation of "Wife 1.0" is highly time consuming and eats almost all of your resources.

With some luck you might be able to run a virtual machine with the latest "Adults Club SideOS" which is actually 18.0 IIRC

Is there any mission out there which includes all the units and the island? I'd love to go back to duala and hang out there for the next weeks and do some tasks vs locals

or can somebody modify Xeno's Domination with molations vs. afrenians and only duala content ? would be like a dream comes true :)

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

@Fruity_Rudy

I've always wanted someone to make a BE Warfare utilizing the Molatian Army in the North vs the Afrene Army in the South. Maybe with some pissed off rock-throwing african civs holding the towns in place of the guerrilla or takistani local faction?

Myke;1881270']@sv5000

you shouldn't have updated "Girlfriend 2.0" with "Wife 1.0" as it is known to install malware like "Daughter 1.0RC" or "Son Pre-beta". Also it is highly incompatible with "ArmA 2".

I'm affraid you'll have to stick with it as a complete deinstallation of "Wife 1.0" is highly time consuming and eats almost all of your resources.

With some luck you might be able to run a virtual machine with the latest "Adults Club SideOS" which is actually 18.0 IIRC

LOL, ahhh Mike.

A fully local Duala Warfare, Domi or Insurgency would be brilliant. Especially the rock throwing Civvies. It would really make securing an objective difficult.

A fully local Duala Domi....

i just looked into the unpacked mission. I mean i ported domination successfully to lingor, thats possible with my low skill level. Also changing the playable units and the vehicles is not the biggest deal, but changing the spawning units on main targets and the units in sidemissions is something i never touched yet..if somebody is advanced in that, just pm me..i got some free time at the weekend and i'd like to do a dom with duala content only

EDIT: the more i look into that domination script, trying to find the defined spawning groups on main targets, the more i think i should do something else at the weekend :/

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

Myke;1881270']@sv5000

Well at the moment I have a temporary workaround. I am on leave which is tops because wife is executing her work program and daughter is running "Day care v1.0"

Myke;1881270']@sv5000

next time please inform people sooner about the malware within wife 1.0 i have been infected by a pre beta Son or Daughter (not yet identified by AV) as is icebreakr ... :P