what will the afrenians have to counter the migs and su?

How about Mirage III, 5s, F1a, Alphajet and Jaguars (used by Côte d'Ivoire, Gabon, Congo, RSA, Egypt, Morocco, Nigeria, Libya, Togo etc). Afrenians probably wouldn't us the US as a primary (non-communist/former communist) arms supplier, as politics and power in Afrenia is most likely influenced through contacts with former (Western) European colonial powers. Northrop F-5 Tiger is a nice, inexpensive US-supplied option for 3rd World powers (Botswana,Kenya, Morocco, Tunisia, Honduras, Mexico, Jordan, Sudan, Thailand, Indonesia, Chile, Yemen, Malaysia) .

Edited by MissionCreep

Hi IceBrakr,

I've been a fan of your islands since ARMA 1 and this is my first post at this forum.

Regarding aircraft, the link below has many photos of African military planes and choppers. You may find many inspirational ideas there.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?100975-African-Military-Aviation-Post-your-images-here!

Kind regards.

Is it just me or do the download links in Icebraker's page not work? I can't seem to reach a download for the Duala Island mod.

Does anyone have a direct link to the latest version?

a BAe Hawk is what every african country needs

Kegetys made a really nice BAe Hawk back in OFP.

88_1.jpg

Maybe it can be updated and seen over the skies of Isla Duala.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like the Northrop F-5 Tiger too.

Edited by kage74

I even have PC-9 Pilatus kindly donated from OFP, but it would probably take me a month or more to convert it properly to A2/OA ... right now the quickest solution is that I reskin the takistani jet. Found this one in Nigeria:

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/1/7/7/1705771.jpg

1.9 is not out yet as I'm doing final preparations.

Edited by IceBreakr

Terrain is done. I had to scrap M113 & L-39 (L-159) for Afrenian Army/Airforce since Duala doesn't require Arrowhead and I don't want to piss of A2 users that don't have OA yet.

But expect a new Afrenian Airforce airplane that didnt lift off in A2 yet ;)

Duala 1.8 will come in two installs:

- Duala 1.9Deluxe (Island & Units + required external ibr_plants addon)

- Duala 1.9Lite (Island only + required external ibr_plants addon)

If you have any other suggestions now its right time.

Good news! Congratulations and thanks to you and your team IceBreakr!

Any missions/campaign with?

About other suggestion, well why not some Civilians vehicles, objects...?

It's not a bad idea yes, giving it this look: Gare%20Routi%E8re.JPG

But maybe i don't know Africa enough to give a good opinion

And I have thought about tourist units too, jeep for photo safari for exemple...

Well, do as you can and want Icebreakr, you have done a lot already!

Edited by Giuppo

I have a "4x4 Adventure Safari" version already done ;)

There's too much work involved in converting PC-9 Pilatus... it will be something more modern, with a jet engine ;)

Edited by IceBreakr

Isla Duala has always been one of my fav islands to play on (second only to Lingor & Panthera). I was just wondering did you get all the river crossings fixed?

I play a lot of Warfare with AIs on and they are forever getting stuck at the river crossing at the west side of Duala and over at the east side where the river forms a delta. There's some fence just north of the river on the east side of Duala that confounds the AIs as well.

Either way, I'm looking forward to giving the new Duala a try. Your islands are always top notch work.

^_^,v,,

kage74 send me PM with coordinates and what you think would solve the problem. If we continue any further to deal with AI I just might dry the riverbed out :)

There's too much work involved in converting PC-9 Pilatus... it will be something more modern, with a jet engine ;)

Too bad - kinda had my hopes up we'd see an African "Skyraider" :D

Chapman

best bet is thanks to Gnat

open the file and export it as a universal bistudio TXt file

import it and resave as a p3d, and viola :)

only problem is the model.cfg and configs :P

Yeah, model is working in game. But there's bunch of stuff that needs to be tweaked, new UVmaps for better textures etc.

Yeah, model is working in game. But there's bunch of stuff that needs to be tweaked, new UVmaps for better textures etc.

Hey, if you can get the UVmaps for that working fine, would the gov. of lingor or Afrene be interested in an AW139 helicopter?

Hey Ice, will you by any chance be fixing all the errors which keep popping up related to ambient civilians (if the game is started with error reporting on)?

I believe if you gave a list of what the errors are he could get to them faster. Instead of assuming off the bat he knows exactly the errors you are speaking of. I know he may know of them but it still is best bet to tell him which errors instead of assuming ^^;

I believe if you gave a list of what the errors are he could get to them faster. Instead of assuming off the bat he knows exactly the errors you are speaking of. I know he may know of them but it still is best bet to tell him which errors instead of assuming ^^;

True. I'll dig them out of the rpt when I get home.