Love your islands IceBreakr, especially Lingor and Isla Dula. I love the airbases, except for one thing, can you making the ramp (parking area) a bit bigger so you can have C-130's or IL-76's parked, and still be able to move aircraft around at the major airbases??? I know the chance of this being done is very low because of what would have to be involved in doing that.

George

Problem is that if I change the layout of the airbase I can break couple of missions by doing that. All I can do is make a new taxi way to a new place that is big enough for these birds to be parked there. And maybe a new hangar or two nearby.

that would be good - we have them parked at the end ofthe runway which is not ideal

thanks for the classnames btw - implemented now...

Thnkx for the map I have spend so many hours on Duala on a map that a friend made (LAID) so immersive one,

Good work

Pretty soon Wastelander.

v1.9 features:

- improved sat texture

- Mig21MFs for Molatia (CAP & Attack version)

- Su24MK Fencer fighter bomber for Molatia

- T-72 and BMP-2 for Molatia

- Leopard 1A5

- optimized filesize

- fixed ammo bug with Molatian spotter

- added radios to all soldiers

- added flags for both sides

etc.

Edited by IceBreakr

IceBreakr - did you fix the class names of units for example Cop M9 has an AK47.

Or is it just my version that's bugged?

Pretty soon Wastelander.

v1.9 features:

- improved sat texture

- Mig21MFs for Molatia (CAP & Attack version)

- Su24MK Fencer fighter bomber for Molatia

- T-72 and BMP-2 for Molatia

- Leopard 1A5

- optimized filesize

- fixed ammo bug with Molatian spotter

- added radios to all soldiers

- added flags for both sides

etc.

BRING IT ON !!! the tension is unbearable!! heheheheheh :yay:

Hey IceBreakr,

What I would like to know is the numbers envisioned by the creator of Duala himself, being you in person. :)

To what estimates would you size up Molatian Army, and to what extend the size of Afrene's Army? Perhaps this might explain the recent moves of up-armoring the nation's armed forces. And nothing as solid as the creator's own estimates as guideline to base custom-made missions upon!

I myself would not completely do away with the T-55's and replace completely with a new bunch second/third-hand aquired T-72's.. T-55 isn't going to be sold 1:1 for a more modern T-72 as you know. :)

What I would envision is this: All T-72's in the hands of let's say a Presidential Guard (of Molatia) isn't going to cut it against any well equipped enemy coming to the aid of Afrene.. One series of good blasts, and gone are those T-72's that were bunched-up all together..

On the other hand opposed to the stuff mentioned directly above, having less amount of T-72 needed to fill the gap as Commander's Tank together with T-55 the latter being the backbone/workhorse, is a dangerous move aswell.. If the regular Molatians decide to turn their guns onto their commander's tanks, they're toast.. And I do not believe Molatians are really willing to serve as meat ready to be grinded.. If they do not smell victory, they won't fight for long against their enemy Afrenians, but rather against those generals having ordered them into a fruitless attack, and horrible bloody defeat.. For sure they'll be willing to hunt down those generals, and that is the plus of having an elite-brigade (or whatever) guarding the President/Generals etc.. For sure a bunch of T-72 can deter quite alot more T-55's, cutting the latter piece-meal with relative ease.

So I would opt for the straight-road ahead, instead of going left or right: Quite a bunch of T-72's being commander-tanks in the Armored Division/Brigade. And also quite a few being specially reserved/held back for the Presidential Guard / [insert any name here.]

Then again, as for realistic appearance of T-72's on the battlefield, I would like to again request the estimated Military-wide numbers of Molatia & Afrene from you yourself, if you would like to disclose these. If you decide to do so, thanks in advance. :)

Well Thani '82,

Molatian army is able to recruit more troops and it is constantly provoking the southern neighbours. If it weren't for the peace keepers and substantial help from EU/US Afrenians would most probably be overrun in the last war. Currently Afrenian army is still smaller than Molatian (ratio 2:3), but it has a better training and a bit better equipment and mobility.

Molatia didn't replace T-55s with T-72, but only added 5-10% to its total number of tanks. They also formed a squadron operating from the main airport that is on constant CAP/Scramble & CAS duty.

Usually Molatians show no fear and do what their leaders tell them to do. They all closely support the president and army generals. There is no elite brigade as the most capable men are divided to all branches as they provide their experience to the troops. I have no estimate of the exact troop numbers.

Hoofin: fixed.

what will the afrenians have to counter the migs and su?

Still looking for the right stuff (and contributor of course). It shouldn't be of "Russian" origin.

Well Thani '82,

Molatian army is able to recruit more troops and it is constantly provoking the southern neighbours. If it weren't for the peace keepers and substantial help from EU/US Afrenians would most probably be overrun in the last war. Currently Afrenian army is still smaller than Molatian (ratio 2:3), but it has a better training and a bit better equipment and mobility.

Molatia didn't replace T-55s with T-72, but only added 5-10% to its total number of tanks. They also formed a squadron operating from the main airport that is on constant CAP/Scramble & CAS duty.

Usually Molatians show no fear and do what their leaders tell them to do. They all closely support the president and army generals. There is no elite brigade as the most capable men are divided to all branches as they provide their experience to the troops. I have no estimate of the exact troop numbers.

Hoofin: fixed.

Thanks alot for the answers given IceBreakr! :) Good to know the T-55 still remains to be the backbone-workhorse for the Molatians. Easy to figure out the amount of Molatian soldiers placed on a scenario with 3:2 Molatian advantage over the Afrenians. Quite funny where Molatia gets that amount of number from, whilst most area is clear open wilderness. Are most Molatians born in dug-out foxholes, immediatly given an AK to shoot with?? :p :D

Edited by Thani '82

Still looking for the right stuff (and contributor of course). It shouldn't be of "Russian" origin.

well did you remember the J35 'Draken' I talked about, ask the SFP team, I think they have a model or so. If there is someone you should ask then there is granQ. ;)

@IceBreakr If it weren't for the peace keepers and substantial help from EU/US Afrenians would most probably be overrun in the last war.

well if US/EU assisted they could have posession of the F4 Phantom so maybe thats a option (as its also a counterpart to the mig 21)

Love that leopard tank :yay:. Prowling or what. Does actually look like it makes it more difficult to see especially at a distance. I'm downloading Duala now so this may already be in there or in the new release, but here goes anyway.

ArmA has rabbits. How about something for some African atmosphere Antelope, or even a Leopard ?

Was thinking Skyhawks, or Mirage,but what if... they had nothing? Just a few extra AA batteries and a hand full of Broncos.

what about harriers?

Probably a little expensive/complicated to maintain for a 3rd rate small country. Now the A4's sound interesting.

a BAe Hawk is what every african country needs

Us53377.jpg