Is 1.7 gonna have updated African Foliage!? I really hope so!

And ofcourse...the old grass. :)

Can we haz smaller grass?

You know... just so the AI don't **** us in the ass thru half-meter clutter half of the time...

+ can't wait

+ exact ETA?

Edited by JonPL

+ exact ETA?

For the amount of times this gets asked, I think Admins should add this one to the list of Permanent Ban offences ;)

BTW, looking forward to the new release!

Oh come on.

My team is a bit late with it's addonpack update - which contained Duala 1.6 -.- The new version was about to get uploaded today, but because of the IceBreakr announcment we decided to delay it even more. The update is pretty critical, that's why I ask the "pain in the ass" question, k?

+ don't spam

he's on holiday for a week

i rushed the units over at midnight before he left but he must have had other stuff to put in

+ don't spam

Ha ha ha .... youre funny.

And as an addon maker myself, I have some authority to comment on people who ask that question.

Its done when its done

Gnat;1653265']For the amount of times this gets asked' date=' I think Admins should add this one to the list of Permanent Ban offences![/quote']

I would agree with that, many of the older members of this forum must get sick of the question when its it going to be released.

Anyway fantastic Island, i like that there are units included with the Island makes it much more worthy of downloading, also kind of reminds me of Tonal from OFP days :)

all you need now is the

Dynamic Sound AI (RUG DSAI) mod - that means you can hear enemies sneezing and chatting over the wall in arabic

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6092

I might need to revisit the molatian units to make surethey speak arabic with this mod. someofthem werespeakingspanish last night lol. cleared the whole of bolabongo with a silenced uzi from RH_smg... wicked fun....

(from behind wall) "cough... mutter"

*leans and aims*

brrrrrp brrrrppp...

thud

[REPEAT]

awesome map

v1.7 is kinda done, but we're still doing final tests internally. It will be available later this day.

Changelog:

- upgraded and optimized ground clutter for jungle and also savannah

- removed two bridges and replaced with crossings compatible with AI but can also be "jumped" across by boats

- moved hangar at Molatian Intl Airport near taxiway so larger planes can now navigate it

- fixed misplaced fuel bunker sandbags in NW Bolabongo

- various terrain fixes

- updated T55 config (tnx 2 Dimitri Harkov)

- updated Afrenian & Molatian soldier classes (tnx 2 eggbeast)

- Molatia opened up new Mangomak island for tourists (NorthEast)

New Target for Evolution: Mangomak. Embark, seek and engage...

Icebreakr, if its possible for the island to run on a lower game version could you change the required game version in the config to 1.0 please. I can't load the island because I don’t have the latest version and I don’t see a need to have the required game version so high if the island work on lover versions. Thanks :wink_o:

I tried to unpbo the island my self and change the version but somehow it doesn’t load :down: can't wait to buy a new arma 2 disk soon :yay:

Ice, what planes should afreene air force have?? I've sent you an pm of a plane they could have

-Martin-: requiredVersion = 0.1; it should work? :)

sweguy96: if you have Draken addon ready, I'm all up for it ;)

Does anyone know how to get rid of these "default" errors - I'm using original objects and even have pbos as required (CAMisc, CABuildings, etc.)?

ca\misc2\samsite\powgen_big.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\data\library\roadbarrier_light.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\misc\fort_envelopebig.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\misc\fort_envelopesmall.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\tents\fortress_01.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\tents\fortress_02.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\tents\camo_box.p3d: house, config class missing

Everything else seems to be sorted out... and I have a suprise for you guys in v1.7, especially guys using the Afrenian army ;)

Edited by IceBreakr

-Martin-: requiredVersion = 0.1; it should work? :)

For some reason it doesn't work, none of your islands work in my game :biggrin: I'll try once I get a new copy of ArmA 2 :wink_o:

v1.7 is kinda done, but we're still doing final tests internally. It will be available later this day.

Changelog:

- upgraded and optimized ground clutter for jungle and also savannah

- removed two bridges and replaced with crossings compatible with AI but can also be "jumped" across by boats

- moved hangar at Molatian Intl Airport near taxiway so larger planes can now navigate it

- fixed misplaced fuel bunker sandbags in NW Bolabongo

- various terrain fixes

- updated T55 config (tnx 2 Dimitri Harkov)

- updated Afrenian & Molatian soldier classes (tnx 2 eggbeast)

- Molatia opened up new Mangomak island for tourists (NorthEast)

Great news! Duala is one of my favorite maps :thumb:

For some reason it doesn't work, none of your islands work in my game :biggrin: I'll try once I get a new copy of ArmA 2 :wink_o:

Well, they work for me and Charlie foxtrot campaign 4 is on Island Duala 1.6.

I'm awaiting beta feedback, then releasing v1.7.

I also need advice what to do with ibr_plants.pbo that is shared by Panthera island - should I leave the old key, I didn't change the content anyway?

we run duala and panthera in the same folder called @islands/addons

this way the conjoined files are run together all the time...

using arma 2 launcher we have 3 profiles:cherno, sahrani and islands.

(although each ofthese has another profile +mods or -mods - so 6 profiles in all)

namalsk and thirsk are also in @islands

this way the mods are loaded (or not) along with the appropriate island. having duala and panthera loaded makes no difference to performance as far as we can see.

I'm awaiting beta feedback, then releasing v1.7.

I also need advice what to do with ibr_plants.pbo that is shared by Panthera island - should I leave the old key, I didn't change the content anyway?

If the file didn't change at all (same checksum as before), then you could keep the old ibr.bisign/bikey for that file. (The v1.7 isladuala.pbo file though ought to use a new key/sign file that correlates to the version, as suggested earlier in this thread)

Many thanks for Isla Duala and all the other islands you've made!

tested it over the last 4 hours and it's running very smoothly. no issues with the units.

haven't seen a T55 yet - we might capture one eventually - but the pinzgauers are all working fine.

The new usland is indeed there offthe NE coast, will fly over and have a look later.

the guys are in our server atm testing the mission update Evo Duala Afro v4 - I've amped up the reinforcements and we're using RH_SMG pack plus dunebuggies, landrovers, hinds and F4's to kick some butt.

I'll be back on 10pm GMT and we'll test it further...

so far I'd say it seems smoother for sure.

Tnx eggbeast. I found couple of errors and fixed them yesterday. I've spent couple of hours to improve the terrain and added couple of suprises ;) everything is ready except one thing: someone mentioned enemy cannot enter buildings in Kinsella(?) due to height differences (AI paths burried in ground). Can someone post shots which buildings are needed to fix? I'm releasing the addon today.

Also tell me if you're missing a civilian module in one of the smaller villages - I just need the name and I'll add it in.

New size is around 280MB 7zipped. So I'll post a separate pack "island only" in case someone doesn't need all the new units.

http://rapidshare.com/files/401960272/kinsella.rar.html

This mission has a game logic on top of each building that the AI cannot path into (in order to add them to an array of buildings that I make UPSMON ignore). Note that the units already placed on top of the building can path fine inside the building, they just can't get in if they start outside.

Of course, I only checked Kinsella, other towns might have similar issues.

Edited by galzohar

Yeah guys, the new update is awesome! Watch out!

Icebreakr, I'm not ingame atm, so does the Ambient Civilian Module work yet?

I've spent couple of hours to improve the terrain and added couple of suprises ;)

Awesome, I love surprises! :D

1.7 is almost perfect!

One thing I wish...is that there was one area, that used Sand similar to the sand in Sahrani, on the southern part of the Southern Island...and then a big oasis with some nice palms(berghoffs new foliage pack), obviously will a small pond in the middle. That would be so cool. :P

What about replacing some of those palms with Berghoffs new palms? I think his new ones look 100X better than the old ones.(I'm not sure if the old palms are his or Optetyx's)

Edited by Enad

Enad: there is an oasis already. I'm not using Berghoff new plants on Duala until they are complete and fully optimized.

galzohar: I've fixed Kinsella (hopefully). Expect release soon.