anyone looking for an extreme duala immersion should check out evolution duala (afro modded v2)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=96532&page=6

we're generally playing this more than sahrani, panthera or chernarus. the mission is nearing perfection, and the modded version is quite a beast with a full range of african units on each side and desert specific and african specific air and mech units deployed on both sides. there are also some 300+ weapons to play with (including various gold plated dictator personal arms). it's a great team challenge to try and get round the map in a couple of days.

the only thing that needs finishing is the reinforcements script, but the mission plays well regardless, and the side-missions enable your team to explore the full extent of the map.

the zip file contains a briefing and a mod list

sales pitch over!

Still waiting for some kind of (working) ACE version ;)

i won't be making it. ACE is a bit too difficult to work with for small brained folks like me.

New update v1.7 coming soon:

- upgraded and optimized clutter for jungle and also savannah

- removed two bridges and replaced with crossings compatible with AI but can also be "jumped" across by boats

- moved hangar at Molatian Intl Airport near taxiway so larger planes can now navigate it

- updated T55 config

- fixed misplaced fuel bunker sandbags in NW Bolabongo

- various terrain fixes

Still waiting for some kind of (working) ACE version ;)

Me too.

i won't be making it. ACE is a bit too difficult to work with for small brained folks like me.

That's too bad to hear. If I can get a break from my new business I'll give it a try. It's really needed. Only if I could figure out how and find more time.

New update v1.7 coming soon:

- upgraded and optimized clutter for jungle and also savannah

- removed two bridges and replaced with crossings compatible with AI but can also be "jumped" across by boats

- moved hangar at Molatian Intl Airport near taxiway so larger planes can now navigate it

- updated T55 config

- fixed misplaced fuel bunker sandbags in NW Bolabongo

- various terrain fixes

Cool Icebreakr!

Do you think release it before the end of the week?

Many thanks!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this (or at least I haven't found it whilst searching through this thread) but basically objects float above the terrain when viewed from long distances (over 1000m). This is on Duala 1.31 as we haven't upgraded to the latest version yet, but is/was this a known bug? Can post screen shot this evening if required.

Are you sure thats not an issue on *all* islands?

Tbh this had crossed my mind, but I've never noticed it on other islands. It could just be that some of the open featureless areas on Duala make whatever is happening (sinking terrain?) more obvious. I'll try and perform something more scientific later.

Its a well known bug, even from A1 ;) thats why I set terrain detail parameter to all of my PvP missions. At large distances (especially wit units up on mountain tops) you see them floating.

Ahh, okay, fair play. Love the map btw, so nice to get out and about somewhere sunny!:)

Are you sure thats not an issue on *all* islands?

I remember it being an issue even on Utes on some older Arma 2 version, but is no longer an issue in the current version, so I'm assuming this is something that can be fixed by the island maker. After all, aren't you the one who picks how the different LODs will look?

I am not aware of any documentation describing the things you're stating galzohar? Afaik LODs of units are not in any way associated with the terrain itself. Does anyone have any tips?

Was talking about the LOD of the terrain. When you're close by, the terrain looks like it should and the vehicles don't hover. When you're far away the terrain has less polygons or whatever, and it has too few then the hill that used to be "round" now looks more like a "pyramid", but the vehicle is still displayed at its real position on the real hill and thus is shown mid-air (or alternatively, you could see through the terrain in ways you shouldn't have been able to if its simplified too much).

In Quesh Kibrul there's a hill north/north-west of the city that basically turns into an obvious "pyramid" when you get away and thus anything on it will appear to be hovering.

Note that no vehicles are actually hovering anywhere, if you try to shoot through the invisible terrain the bullets will hit the invisible ground just fine - It's "just" a display issue.

I know for sure that this was an issue with the hill south of the airport base in Utes, at least when you look at it from the south-east, yet in 1.05 it is no longer an issue, so BIS obviously fixed it there.

I can confirm the Galzohar's comment about Quesh Kibrul, it surprised me the first time.

BTW, looking forward to teh new updated.

I can confirm I have the above mentioned problem all over Duala. At distance I can see though the crest of hills/mounds/mountains making it look as though I have a clear shot, but when I open fire the rounds bounce off invisable terrain.

I keep meaning to adjust my gfx settings when this occurs (too see if that increase the terrain resolution at distance), but I never think of it at the time. I will test and report back.

Changing graphic settings won't help (at least won't help much) to avoid this issue, as even if settings do affect the distance at which terrain changes to lower LOD, eventually you will see that low LOD terrain and in those situations the low LOD terrain needs to be true to the original landscape for the "invisible terrain" effect to not be there.

I think we'll need an "inside" help on this issue, at least report it on devheaven first. I seriously doubt OA will remove this bug.

Like I said, it seems to not be a bug in the game as much as it is a bug in the island, considering the place on Utes that had this bug no longer has it, and currently I only see this happen on user-made islands - Not on Chernarus nor Utes.

They cross from south to north just fine, but coming from the north, they stop right at the southern end of the bridge.

here it's the other way around, from south to north the AI infantry never takes the bridge.

They move through the river, and lose all of their weapons.

After a an hour or 2 the river is filled with weapons and ammo.

Not so good for my savegame....

Don't worry, bridges are already gone in current 1.7 (release next week).

Don't worry, bridges are already gone in current 1.7 (release next week).

Good job anyway Icebreakr!!

assuming Ice uses my fix, which looks likely, the new units will include the old units but build them on a wider scale like the USMC/ Russian units (engineers etc) so that they work in evolution and domination and other class-based missions etc.

original line-up

African Civilians:
------------------
ibr_africaman1 (Poor)
ibr_africaman2 (Gangbang)
ibr_africaman3 (Jungle)
ibr_africaman4 (Prague)
ibr_africaman5 (Panther)
ibr_africaman6 (Lion)
ibr_africaman7 (ManUtd)
ibr_africaman1s (Poor)
ibr_africaman2s (Gangbang)
ibr_africaman3s (Jungle)
ibr_africaman4s (Prague)
ibr_africaman5s (Panther)
ibr_africaman6s (Lion)
ibr_africaman7s (ManUtd)

African Rebels:
---------------
ibr_rebel11 (AKM Poor)
ibr_rebel22 (AKM Gangbang)
ibr_rebel33 (AKM Jungle)
ibr_rebel44 (AKM Prague)
ibr_rebel55 (AKM Panther)
ibr_rebel66 (AKM Lion)
ibr_rebel77 (AKM ManUtd)
ibr_rebel83 (AKM+RPG7 Jungle)
ibr_rebel95 (AKM+RPG7 Prague)
ibr_rebel102 (AKM+RPG7 Gangbang)
ibr_rebel111 ((AKM+Strela Poor)
ibr_rebel125 (PKM Prague)
ibr_rebel132 (SVG Sniper Gangbang)
ibr_rebel145 (AKM Saboteur Prague)
ibr_rebel151 (Protestor Rocks+Smoke Poor)
ibr_rebel162 (Protestor Rocks+Smoke Gangbang)
ibr_rebel173 (Protestor Rocks+Smoke Jungle)
ibr_rebel184 (Protestor Rocks+Smoke Prague)
ibr_rebel195 (Protestor Rocks+Smoke Panther)
ibr_rebel206 (Protestor Rocks+Smoke Lion)
ibr_rebel217 (Protestor Rocks+Smoke ManUtd)

Afrenian Army:
--------------
AFR_Guard_M9
AFR_Guard_M1014
AFR_Guard_M16
AFR_Officer
AFR_Rifleman
AFR_Soldier_AT
AFR_Soldier_Igla
AFR_Soldier_Stinger
AFR_Soldier_MG
AFR_Medic
AFR_Pinz (empty)
AFR_Pinz_police (empty)

Molatian Army:
--------------
MOL_officer
MOL_Rifleman
MOL_Medic
MOL_Soldeir_AA
MOL_Soldier_AT
MOL_Soldier_MG
ibr_T55 (4x MOL_Rifleman inside)

AFR_Pinz (empty)
AFR_Pinz_police (empty)
ibr_T55 (4x MOL_Rifleman inside)

example unit arrays

["AFR_Guard_M9","AFR_Guard_M1014","AFR_Guard_M16","AFR_Officer","AFR_Rifleman","AFR_Soldier_AT","AFR_Soldier_Igla","AFR_Soldier_Stinger","AFR_Soldier_MG","AFR_Medic"]

becomes

["AFR_Guard_AK","AFR_Guard_M1014","AFR_Guard_M16","AFR_Soldier_Officer","AFR_Soldier_Medic","AFR_Soldier_Engineer","AFR_Soldier_Rifleman","AFR_Soldier_GL","AFR_Guard_Marksman","AFR_Soldier_Sniper","AFR_Soldier_Spotter","AFR_Guard_AR","AFR_Soldier_MG","AFR_Soldier_AT","AFR_Soldier_LAT","AFR_Soldier_HAT","AFR_Guard_AA","AFR_Soldier_Crew"];

and
["MOL_officer","MOL_Rifleman","MOL_Medic","MOL_Soldeir_AA","MOL_Soldier_AT","MOL_Soldier_MG"]

becomes 

["MOL_Soldier_Officer","MOL_Soldier_Medic","MOL_Soldier_Engineer","MOL_Soldier_Rifleman","MOL_Soldier_GL","MOL_Guard_Marksman","MOL_Soldier_Sniper","MOL_Soldier_Spotter","MOL_Guard_AR","MOL_Soldier_MG","MOL_Soldier_AT","MOL_Soldier_LAT","MOL_Soldier_HAT","MOL_Guard_AA","MOL_Soldier_Crew"];

others remain the same

armed rebels

["ibr_rebel11","ibr_rebel22","ibr_rebel33","ibr_rebel44","ibr_rebel55","ibr_rebel66","ibr_rebel77","ibr_rebel83","ibr_rebel95","ibr_rebel102","ibr_rebel111","ibr_rebel125","ibr_rebel132","ibr_rebel145"];

protestors

["ibr_rebel151","ibr_rebel162","ibr_rebel173","ibr_rebel184","ibr_rebel195","ibr_rebel206","ibr_rebel217"];

civs

["ibr_africaman1","ibr_africaman2","ibr_africaman3","ibr_africaman4","ibr_africaman5","ibr_africaman6","ibr_africaman7","ibr_africaman1s","ibr_africaman2s","ibr_africaman3s","ibr_africaman4s","ibr_africaman5s","ibr_africaman6s","ibr_africaman7s"];

the original MOL and AFR units array maps onto the new units, so mission builders should just use the new array, but older missions will still work with the patch

the new units have a full range of ammo slots, snipers have camofactor, engineers can disarm mines, the voices are US for AFR and Russian for MOL etc, etc