I just spent a few hours looking though this whole thread to see if this was happening to anyone else, and here it is right at the end!

They cross from south to north just fine, but coming from the north, they stop right at the southern end of the bridge.

The massive long fence at the bottom of the Gerenuk Desert stumps them too. I understand why the fence is there, but it is a massive hindrance to any mission with dynamic AI, as is the river. I think these few things will prevent many possibilities as far as dynamic missions go. Be nice if the river was made easier for the AI to negotiate.

Anyway, this is my first post in this thread, don't want to seem negative or ungrateful, so I'd just like to praise you Ice, for this masterpiece. Truly a work of art map!! Just a bit hard on the AI.

The problem for me is that i love to play Bennys Warfare mod and Duala is a good FPS Island to play but when i order the AI to cross the bridge they get stuck there (only soldiers on foot, some vehicles did cross it) and i must order them to go to the west side of Duala to cross to the south side and hope that the river is not to high. I have try to cross the bridge that is in the east side of Duala (dont remember the name) but i have the same problem there. I dont remember who, but someone here answers me that this is BIS problem, not Duala....Very sad because its a beautiful map to play.....i hope this problem can be solved in the future.

I recommend you to stop using bridges for AI to cross until BIS finds a solution - bridge is a A2 piece (opposite to Panthera ones) and it should work.

There are couple of spots passable on foot W of the central bridge (near Djolan, N ali E) where rivers is very shallow - use them. But we careful with time/date setting because high water tide can sometimes make them uncrossable.

AK47Ms? You must mean AKMs! :D Of course, not to be confused with the AKMS, or AKS47! <head asplodes>

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to this update. Keep working hard.

...and RHS' BTRs to go with it...

Cameron, well, BIS uses the name AK_47_M, sorry =) working hard... don't worry :)

Ok quick update, yesterday I've completed all the textures and I have a question about the armed civilians:

- is it possible to set hiddenselections/textures so that (for example) guy armed with RPG7 always has a different shirt, but use only one p3d? Are hiddenselections synced with clients so they show the same texture? I've noticed that AN-2 Antonov addon random number markings are different on each client, would that be the same case?

Edited by IceBreakr

I have a next update ready, but I would need help: I need ALICE module to spawn new civilians that will be supplied with this release. Is that possible or its hardcoded by BIS?

That would be awesome!

I'm pretty sure I heard from someone here that they did it. So it might be possible, I hope it is! Talk to Icewindo, I think he was the one who mentioned it.

Are hiddenselections synced with clients so they show the same texture?

Yes, they are.

I've noticed that AN-2 Antonov addon random number markings are different on each client, would that be the same case?

No, that's only because the script for the number markings is called locally and the 'random' command comes up with a different value for each client.

I need ALICE module to spawn new civilians that will be supplied with this release. Is that possible or its hardcoded by BIS?

ALICE will automatically spawn all units that inherit from 'class Civilian'. If you want to disable certain units, you have to set the 'civilianRarity array' for your ALICE mainscope accordingly. See THIS page for more details on how to achive that.

Cheers,

D.

Thanks Dimitri. It seems I've been using USMC_Soldier2 for civilians, will test with Civilian class today.

Otherwise, Duala v1.6 progress report:

- upgraded island to Berghoff v1.1 vegetation

- added 14 civilians with long and short pants (tnx to IceWindo's convert)

- brand new clothing textures

- added rebels with AKMs, RPGs, PMs, Dragunovs and SA-7 Grails.

- added protestors armed with smoke bombs and stones

- added editor groups for civilians and rebels&protestors

- upgraded compatibility with Panthera v2.6 clutter

It would go faster, but I'm currently working on two islands (desert-post-apocalyptic Jade Groove and jungle-river-mangroove Isla Ravella) ;)

You just keep at em! Your maps are by far the best I've seen of any. Most other maps have only a handfull of places that have the feeling that they have been given "manual detail" but in your maps every place feels like that. Love Panthera and love Isla Duala. Actually I'm a part of a Arma2 community that will be hosting a MP campaign that will be played on Isla Duala, although unfortunately for now the campaign is finnish only.

One thing though.. Is the Pinzauger meant to handle like its driving on ice all the time? :D I mean its fun to drift all around but it feels like it handles a bit too underweight / overpowered or smth..

It would go faster, but I'm currently working on two islands (desert-post-apocalyptic Jade Groove and jungle-river-mangroove Isla Ravella) ;)

need testers for either one?

great job IceBreakr looking forward to seeing some more of your work

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

@IceBreakr just a idea at some point maybe you could add paramilitary forces for the Afrene to counter Molatian Sympathizers so the Afrene army don't have to show there involvement an attacks on civilians and Sympathizers just an idea

Edited by esco7800

Sekra: thank you! about the pinzs - readme.txt file quote: "... With its brand new 2.7-litre engine its able to achieve great acceleration" ;) its meant to be powerful with lots of torque. And yes, new materials make it lighter so its acceleration is amazing. But the top speed is somehow limited in order to prevent more accidents ;) I must say LoBo and GiR team supplied the model, we just did the "tweaking". Its been even faster in the original state.

Aeneas2020: My team is testing nicely, but I usually give our beta builds to couple of guys, so I guess you'll get it when I have it in "beta" stage ;) please add me to skype/msn/icq.

esco7800: hopefully soon, yeah? ;) if I don't show up in a week that means my g/f most probably killed me ;)

Well take your time man!!!

Working on two other islands at the same time! Man that's awesome. You need stop pleasing the BI Community! And we love you for that.

The update sounds great, but just take your time. No need to rush. Your doing alot as it is now. :D

After hours of testing, here's the first born Afrenian AI, child of ALICE module ;)

firstborn.jpg:yay:

Great island. It'll probably be used in the AToW tournament at some point, or so I hope.