Kommiekat: for SP try out Campaign : Seal Team Six.

Killg0re: Sahbazz already fixed it and will release new version soon.

seelix: tnx, be sure to check out SW of Vixena for more of that ;) and I've heard about "good stuff" growing on W jungle island too ;)

PSYCHOSIM: Currently have no plans, but I would love to see pinzgauers for Afrenians by PRACS team. Not to mention some F4 vs. Mig21 dogfights ;)

About bridges: nothing I can do about that, AI is having problem with bridges still in v1.05 and I'm even using official A2 ones unlike on Panthera (A1 stuff).

Enad: I'm not making Iraqi/Afghan map until Arrowhead objects arrive.

About Afrenian troops, I'm testing new camos, how do you like this one?

afrenecamo2.jpg

afrenecamo2b.jpg

Grizzle & Intruder_GER: are you surely running v1.3? Roads and airports should we normally visible even far out, I've justed test this out.

Sqd_Maximus & ZeroG: please send me PMs again, my inbox's been full.

warden308: I agree, but maybe officers and guards will wear blue hats (Borat heh) to be recognized as police force among population.

Yep, its v1.3, but its not an Islandproblem, because its on Utes too. I dont know why, but textures shown just in a range of 500 meters. The viewdistance in the video options ist 3900 meters. I did try it with ace mod and without, no difference. Then also tested vanilla, and the same problem. Funny is, i didnt have this problem a few days ago.

Great work IceBreakr, thats the best ArmA2 Island for me. :bounce3:

Regards Intruder

Certainly this is among the top islands for ArmA 2, and among the best user-made maps I've seen so far.

The only things missing now are civilians that fit the setting, savanna animals, and hacked version of the Ambient Civilian and Ambient Animals to make fill up the cities and countryside.

If I ever get to make the campaign I am planning, it's going to take place on this island. Awesome work, great attention to detail and believability :)

I think we have a winner :)

Maybe a variant with an MP armflash for those checkpoints?

Not so keen on the cap, I think all helmets would be a good choice, since they're possibly equipped by the west - I dunno. The Afrene flag on their shoulders would be a nice touch too.

Maybe give the caps to the MPs? Although I think a blue or black beret would still look better.

Looking good, those units :)

I'm wondering, any update on their planned weaponskit? Are they gonna get the M4/M16 like in those pics or is there a possibility for FN Fal's and the like?

The Afrene Troops look nice but so similar to Molotians. Basically the same camo pattern with a slight color variation. If you got any more camos, I'd love to see them!

And Ice, that's what I meant. Take a nice big break from map making and once OA comes out make us a totally epic Iraq/Afghanistan map. I would love you. :D

Kommiekat: for SP try out Campaign : Seal Team Six.

Killg0re: Sahbazz already fixed it and will release new version soon.

seelix: tnx, be sure to check out SW of Vixena for more of that ;) and I've heard about "good stuff" growing on W jungle island too ;)

PSYCHOSIM: Currently have no plans, but I would love to see pinzgauers for Afrenians by PRACS team. Not to mention some F4 vs. Mig21 dogfights ;)

About bridges: nothing I can do about that, AI is having problem with bridges still in v1.05 and I'm even using official A2 ones unlike on Panthera (A1 stuff).

Enad: I'm not making Iraqi/Afghan map until Arrowhead objects arrive.

Looks like those grey scales worked out well for you mate, nice job!

Sure did, Aeneas2020 is the very helping hand in this project *thumbs up* :)

Hi IceBreakr,

firstly let me thank you for your effort. IMO this really is one of the most beautiful custom maps for ArmA2 available atm - I really like to play and create missions on it.

Now to something very exclusive:

This island consists of

• 2 capital cities,
  • 0 normal cities,
  • and 37 villages.

Would it be possible to define some of the "somewhat bigger villages" as cities? Some of the bigger missions out there rely on locations and different types/sizes of locations for versatile purposes. Don't know how Xeno's Domination works with distinguishing between locations appropriate either for main missions or for side missions, but for me it's always good to have a set of villages AND a set of cities available for making missions having a bit of randomness regarding to different AOs.

As I said, this might be something very exclusive, but if it is not a big deal to change that (actually I don't know if it is, never made a map), I assure you it'd be worth the effort.

Thanks mate.

Bon: you mean the map markings? AFAIK towns are treated differently to villages in Domination, didn't check that out yet.

And here are three new WIP shots of Afrenian security forces:

afrene1s.jpg afrene2s.jpg afrene3s.jpg

Looking good.

I do think some retextured technicals for both sides would fit well if possible!

Absolutelly fantastic guys! Keep them! :) Texture work is fab, and the camo pattern seems to blend very nicelly with the map.

You guys did a superb work and i think they look awesome and fitting.

Those look great!!

But I really think they look a bit too similar to the Molotians. The pattern is identical.

They look fantastic - nice work lads.

Speaking personally, just looking at the shape of the head would be enough to tell them apart at night.

One request, in addition to the technicals (although we just use the Insurgent 4x4 with the guns for the molations), can we get a Molatian sniper and, maybe, an Afrene sniper (with appropriately coloured Gillie suit). The Molatians would probably just give their sniper some kind of gillie-like hat at best to keep the costs down, I'd guess - maybe just relying on range to make it hard to counter them. At the least, could we just get regulars with sniper weapons?

I'm hoping that it'd be a case of modifying the normal-coloured gillie and the face and hands, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it won't be that easy.

My wishlist: 4x4 (with various weapon loads), truck (of any kind) in various loaded variants, transport and ZU23 variants (should just be a case of modifying the cab, I'm hoping), BMP and Mi-8 or Mi-17 for the Molatians and maybe a reskinned UH-1 and various Humvees in appropriate camo schemes, emphasising the police-force that they're supposed to be acting as. Would be good to see several different AA and AT Afrene troops as standard troops for us to pick straight out the editor instead of having to code weapon changes. I kinda get the feeling that they'd not be able to afford tanks (which is why we've been called in) and so would have a supply of AT and AA weapons to overcome the Molatian armour and aircraft if they show themselves. The 4x4 and Humvees should be the full range if possible since both sides would use them as cheap anti-infantry and anti-armour support. Afrene might have invested in some AV-8s (that way they can use the rough strips outside Kinsella if they need to).

I've tried to stick to a few basic types with lots of variants in the hope that it'd make it easier on the re-skinning.