Yeah thats why I said African American. It'd be cool if someone could retex the Russian civs to look like African civs. Thats what Im saying.

I'm already at it, some are even finished (well - more or less).

But progress is slow due to other commitments.

dihafricaciv1.th.jpg

Looks funny, isn't it? :)

Hahha yes it looks funny. But Its an effort.

It would be GREAT if you could change up the clothing a bit. Shorts and short sleeves. More African Style. Doesn't have to be 100% Authentic but it looks better than Africans wearing cold weather Russian jackets. hahaha

It would be good to have short T-Shirts and Shorts,

as Enad above me mentioned.

You could clothe them with the same clothes as

you'd expect to see in warm countries like Japan or west US of A,

since some of the old clothes get departed in poorer

regions for the poor.

You need the civilians from arma1, they have shorts and t-shirts.

Yeah they would make good Africans. I heard porting units from ArmA 1 is a pain in the ass though.

ArmA 1 civilians are looking like drunken-weeded American university students on a vacation in Florida IMHO they were laughable back in ArmA, but they'd be good as tourists :D

Even the ArmA 1 civvies would look rather stupid i think.

Then again so do the russian farmers :p

But i agree, we do need some native population to spice up the missions that will be made for Duala.

On a sidenote, it would be great if the Molatians could be selected in the editor in the groups section, instead of having to make groups manually.

one quick question where do the addon PBO files go ( ibr_rn.pbo )

I didnt install them and it runs fine lol...but i dont want any cock ups

Duala new beta is progressing very well, a buddy will post a progress with AI modules soon here ;) civs via ALICE are working now yeeey ;)

v0.991 (not released yet) change log:

- ibr_rn.pbo is no longer required (dependency removed)

- different ground types now sound differently and bullet hits also sound diferrently

- added a dirtroad from central bridge to Djolan, for Afrenian border patrol purposes

- added new config for 12 major towns to make map compatible with Warfare and spawn modules

- desert houses that spawn ALICE module civilians now

Edited by IceBreakr

The bell that rings inside your mind,

It’s challenging the doors of time,

It's a kind of magic! ;)

aitest1.jpg

aitest2.jpg

aitest3.jpg

makes a really nice sub for chad using the irish mod troops ;) or just peacekeeping missions

top work :)

civs via ALICE are working now yeeey

Did that crazy idea of mine actually work???

B

No m8

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew

When I bit off more than I could chew

But through it all, when there was doubt

I ate it up and spit it out

I faced it all and I stood tall and did it my way

I love having the ACM module working but the Russian(White..)Civilians just look weird. Out of place. Really gonna need to figure out how to make some new civ units. Wish I could :(

By the way, Icebreakr what do you mean by "- desert houses that spawn ALICE module civilians now" ?? So its spawns random houses now? And what does ALICE mean. I've been wondering for awhile and never got around to asking.

Closed buildings that you see on Duala now spawn civilians at its doors. Alice is a name of BIS' module that operates civilian life on their daily business, but only when one of the players is around (in vicinity or in town), when they go away civilians "hide" back in buildings and don't create a network traffic ;)

You can ready more on using modules here: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:ArmA_2:_Editor_Modules

Ahh. I just call it the ACM Module. Ambient(A) Civilian© Module(M) hehe.

I've heard ALICE around and figured it had something to do with the Ambient Civilians.

Ontopic: Really loving your island. I'm holding back on making some kickass missions for your update and the release of the Afrene Troops/any other type of militia you release. How far along are the troops anyways?

...just got informed that China and the PLA are also investing in this, they are supporting a new Resistance Army called the M.R.A

History:

Molatian Resistance Army got washed out Molatian Army Uniforms (stolen from Molatian Army stocks) together with blue mechanic pants, officers wear a blue barret.

As they are supported by China and PLA, they got special PLA training (behavior) and also got PLA (included in ACE) weapons.

Special Sniper and Grenadier training complete this army to a even more dangerous threat.

Our Spotters got some photos:

Molatain Resistance Army

070110054229_MRA5.jpg

060110115056_Map.jpg

Work for Benny`s ACE Warfare and the addon is basicaly done, still testing. M.R.A flag is added to the addon and resistance camps make use of it.

ACE desert vehicles included, AI will also build Bradley`s...

This Army is based on the great Molatian Army by Shabazz, many Thanks for your permission !

Stoned

http://urclan.org/index.php

Edited by Stoned

Duala new beta is progressing very well, a buddy will post a progress with AI modules soon here ;) civs via ALICE are working now yeeey ;)

v0.991 (not released yet) change log:

- ibr_rn.pbo is no longer required (dependency removed)

- different ground types now sound differently and bullet hits also sound diferrently

- added a dirtroad from central bridge to Djolan, for Afrenian border patrol purposes

- added new config for 12 major towns to make map compatible with Warfare and spawn modules

- desert houses that spawn ALICE module civilians now

How about adding building positions, especially for the building type in the center of Larenge (which is also being used elsewhere multiple times). Without those buildingPos AI will never use those buildings which saddens my CQB´y heart.

Will trade co12 MP Mission for it :D

Or is it impossible to add due to missing mlods of A2 buildings? :confused:

Ive fought those M.R.A. guys in the streets of Bolabongo and beyond. The PLA have trained them well as I have the digital scars to attest. Thanks Stoned!