Sign in to follow this  
-ASA-ODEN

City Fight

City Fight Singleplayer and Multiplayer pack.

Edited by [ASA]ODEN
Mission pack refreshed - had some 0 byte size pbo files

Hey nice mission. Tried on the SP version, just wondering whether is it possible to have AI in fireteam groupings rather than everyone on their own? As most AI tends to die fast everytime they tries to assault a objective. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the great fun!

Nice missions

One thing you need to fix it so the missions stays running even on a empty server otherwise noone will join .

Thats the number 1 problem with missions is no one makes them so they stay running on the server and they get no players unless the admin sits all the time

Hey [ASA]ODEN, mind to create these missions on Arma1 ported maps? Would like to play it on the old maps. Great fun and thanks again

Hey [ASA]ODEN, mind to create these missions on Arma1 ported maps? Would like to play it on the old maps. Great fun and thanks again

Good Idea, will try'n'download that massive CAA1.

I'm also considering adding a small initial fireteam att each camp to prevent "run-behind-enemy-squads-and-pick-each-camp-easily" tactics I've evolved testing these :p

When more than 2 ai-squads are active there should be some that goes into defensive mode on "frontline" camps, I haven't really seen this happen ingame - can anyone confirm that they actually do?

"Side"-respawn used seems to lauch some background music in MP, this coupled with less favourable respawn positions in ai-slots sometimes have me looking at an "outside-town" nearby respawn position using "BASE"-respawn instead. "Cons" with this is you lose your intended "formation" and contact with the squad.

Now, seeing as I initially intended this to be no respawn at all for greater tension moving across a street BASE-respawn is still a "player-mistake-friendlier" solution.

brb with version 1.1

/theOden

Awesome. Maybe you should try Binesi's BIN_taskdefend.sqf script to have 1 squad defending and manning any static defences while extra units go on patrol around. Will be great to see SP version to have AI manning defences to give the player/AI a tough fight in order to grab the objectives.

My suggestions are mainly for SP as I find it to be the most enjoyable playing squad based. :D

First post i updated with version 1.1 (armaholic links too)

Version 1.1 adds:

Bagango, Corazol, Dolores, Ortego, Paraiso - 104 players

Arcadia, Cayo, Eponia, Masbete, Obregan, Somato and Tiberia - 37 players

(requires CAA1)

and guard fireteams at each camp.

Great will try it out first thing when I reach back from work. Will provide feedback later. Thanks

Edit: Tried it. Was really nice to see infantry assault on old Arma1 map, the gameplay really smooth with so many AIs at once.

Just some of my comments of playing v1.1.

Sometimes you will start inside a building which cause you to get stuck. Minor bug i guess.

1. Would it be possible to have 1 Team Leader (you), 2. Heavy Gunner 3. Grenadier 4. Riflemen/AT rather than having a sniper which is not that useful in CQB action oriented mission such as this.

2. Possible to add static defenses at base?

3. Night time assault?

Thanks

Edited by Muahaha

Hi, I downloaded your BLUFOR City Fight pack from your website. But it does not seem to be launching for Takistan or Zargabad. When I click PLAY on the server menu, nothing happens. The Chernarus versions launch fine.

Jeezus you people dig up old stuff :)

I'll have a look at this after work today BF2_Trooper, stay tuned on PM.

I've tired the CAA1 maps, but I can't launch them. I keep getting this error message:

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloaded content that is deleted.Oden

Well now that people know of this mission once more, may I suggest US Army/USMC vs. Rebels in Isla Duala cities?

DayGlow, I just reinstalled CAA1 and tried Arcadia on Sahrani but both normal and respawn versions runs without a hitch - do you have any errors or something interesting in the rpt file for me to go on?

BF2_Trooper, I have no plans to expand this old missionpack (the coding sucs :) ) but please feel free to create new versions.

ODEN;2014991']DayGlow' date=' I just reinstalled CAA1 and tried Arcadia on Sahrani but both normal and respawn versions runs without a hitch - do you have any errors or something interesting in the rpt file for me to go on?

BF2_Trooper, I have no plans to expand this old missionpack (the coding sucs :) ) but please feel free to create new versions.[/quote']

No idea what the rpt file is :shrug: