xpetit

Airwolf for Arma 2

Well,

I work actually to update Airwolf for Arma2. After some modifications, you can now download here Airwolf for Arma2.

http://www.filefront.com/14772685/RANAirwolf.zip

You will find the chopper in the editor, in independant side and chose "other". The chopper name is "Supercoptere" (Airwolf in french).

I still work on 3 things :

- have a different sound of engine when you are inside (I have already the sound file "huminside", but I didn't succeed to use it in the config file). It will be cool if somebody can help me on that.....

- resolve the matter of transparency when you have dust cloud around the chopper

- resolve a matter of fuel when you have stop the chopper and want to fly again.

After that, i will update the pilot.

I didn't take the time to make picture, so if you can and add to this thread it's will be great.

Have good time.:yay:

Xavier PETIT

Edited by XPETIT

its no chooper! its BIG AIR ARMY!:D I liked the helicopter (lot of weapon, sound and more more) :rthumb:

Nice helicopter, looks amazing :)

Check your pm :)

This is really a fun addon. Thanks for bringing that to Arma2.

Some suggestions for updates:

An optional english menu would be handy. ;)

There should be a menu option to switch off the music.

It shouldn't be possible to play different songs at the same time.

The weapon effect of the cannons is too weak. Airwolf has 2 x 30 mm cannons and 4 x 12,7 mm machineguns. The effect of the cannons should be somthing like that of the Bushmaster cannon of the LAV-25.

Really nice thanks for all your work getting it to ARMA2.

Shouldn't be a LITTLE more distructable? :eek:

I really like it!

Thanks for bring this to Arma2, Saturday afternoons at there finest! just need a knight rider MOD now! lol Thanks again having a great laugh destroying the star wars people!

Some more:

aw5y.th.jpg

aw7hq.th.jpg

aw1h.th.jpg

aw8.th.jpg

Looking forward to the next update! Also, it is a blast to watch the Lady come in and take out tons of enemy hardware (especially at night:))

I am very new to ARMA so I have no clue about the textures etc. but do you plan to apply some panel lines to the bottom of the chopper as well?

Cheers!

Really nice as I said to have this for ARMA2 thanks, by the way I saw an issue with

Re-Engage Rotor

As it ends up twice in the list if you select Eagle, I believe the duplicate (that does not go away) is caused by eagle.sqs, if you rem it out problem goes away. The Re-Engage was already added when you selected Turbo?

#end1

;id_t_off=_unit addaction ["Re-Engage rotor", "\RANAirwolf\Scripts\turbo_off.sqs"]

goto "end1b"

Hope this helps.

Is there anyone who can/has a translated French - English version? Would be ashame if Airwolf would go down like this...

Any update on this. Would love to have a play with it in English.

Xavier,

First of all, just let me say thank-you so much for bringing Airwolf to Armed Assault 2. I know the time and work that goes in to a project like this and I want you to know that you are very much appreciated my friend. I am a member at Airwolf.Org and also AirwolfTV.com and will be making post in the near future including screen shots and video to spread the word about Airwolf in Armed Assault 2. You have done a fantastic job and again, I thank-you. Last year, I created new textures for Alan Devins Airwolf model for Flight Simulator X. My goal was to make the helicopter as photo-realistic as possible. The result was an Airwolf for a video game that was hard to distinguish from the real thing, even in moving video. I've posted a few links to Youtube Videos of my Airwolf. I did not make the videos, a very talented man who goes by Chairwolf created them, using my mod.

I have been looking at how your Airwolf is textured and I believe it is possible to update your Airwolf to a photo-realistic version to better match Arma 2's graphics capability. I would love to be a part of a future release of Airwolf for Arma 2. If you are interested,have a look at the videos and please let me know how I can assist.

I have already completed about 90% of the photo texturing. I think you, and fans of Airwolf will love it. When you are ready to release an updated version, I would love to send you the new textures for your approval. I have really enjoyed working on this model, and again, I appreciate the work that you have put in to releasing it.

Thanks Again!

Aaron Ensor

takamine@comcast.net

Edited by takamine

This Airwolf repaint is still very much a work in progress...Comments always appreciated!

Xavier, I'd love to hear from you.

airwolfsunlight.jpg

airwolf4.jpg

airwolf3.jpg

airwolf2.jpg

32758716.jpg

Plenty of model parts, textures and scripts in this addon (and probably earlier Airwolf Addons by XPETIT - I didn't checked them) came from my original Airwolf addon for Operation Flashpoint (part of the OFP Airwolf Mod - it's site is still up at http://awmod.uni.cc ).

1). Xpetit - you never asked me for any permission regarding my texture/model/scripts usage (and I suppose you didn't even took your time to read the readme file bundled with my addon).

2). I've put enormous amount of work creating and polishing the OFP Airwolf Addon (which was far superior to any Airwolf Addon for OFP at the time when it was released) and you didn't gave me any credit when you released your ArmA/ArmA2 addon :eek:

This is a major violation of my intelectual property rights, and i would like to know how do you plan to solve these issues, because at the moment it looks like you have simply stolen my work. :j:

It's nice to see the ArmA 2 Airwolf Addon, but it would feel much better receiving a proper credit for my hard work...

Edited by AirwolfPL

Tomasz Sopylo,

Greetings, and let me extend my appreciation to the work that you put in to the Airwolf that is now available in Armed Assault 2. I was unaware of the history of this model, so please accept my appologies for any oversite on my part. I do know first hand the work that goes in to these projects, and i also know the only thing we get in return is the recognition that we are the artist and the creators. So again thank you for your work. I would like to extend my hand to you and ask if you would be interested in reclaiming this work as your own. I know the model has a few minor bugs and needs a little updating, but unfortunatly I'm not a modeler, or a scripter...My art back ground does allow me to create textures for the models and I believe this could easily be made into the most realistic and detailed Airwolf ever seen in a video game. The pictures I posted here are just work in progress shots. I would love to have a part in releasing an Airwolf for Armed Assault 2 that is mind blowing. I remember you from years ago and your love of Airwolf. I dont know if you would have the time, or the interest into taking this on as a new project, but if so, I would love to assist you from the art/texture side. I have attempted to contact Xavier Xpetit throught this forum and the Armaholic forum. I have had no responses. Let me know. You can contact me anytime at takamine@comcast.net

Aaron

Edited by takamine

Hey takamine, I'm OK with using parts of my work in other addons as long as I'm asked for permission first and then I receive a proper credit (ie. source addon and author of this work is clearly stated in the readme file attached to the addon).

I used scripts created by other teams/authors too but I've _always_ asked them for permission first (if it wasn't clear that I can use it without permission) and then I always pointed out in addon's readme file whose work was used.

Check out the original readme file of my Airwolf addon for OFP:

http://awmod.uni.cc/files/awm_v105b_readme.txt - especially point 5.0, 6.2, 6.6 (yeah I must admit, that XPETIT complied to point 6.6 - still he didn't left any notice anywhere else).

PS.: Great work about these textures - I always prefered "photo" textures over flat Paint-ish looking textures.

Edited by AirwolfPL

thank you...

so....you interested in bringing a new airwolf to arma 2? im not looking to undertake anything as grand as the ofp airwolf mod...just the chopper and maybe the pilots with helmets. are you a modeler also? maybe a new airwolf model from scratch? i have new blueprints from all sides available to me, that could be used to design a new 3d model that would blow any version of airwolf out of the water as far as accuracy...with the huge leap in graphics capabilities, dont you think it would be awesome to build a new airwolf from scratch for ARMA2. and i will will texture every minute detail. think about it and let me know...i extend this offer to anyone reading this posts, if you are a modeler, lets make this happen...

aaron

truly great job with the texture mate :)

thank you...

so....you interested in bringing a new airwolf to arma 2? im not looking to undertake anything as grand as the ofp airwolf mod...just the chopper and maybe the pilots with helmets.

I gave up making OFP addons long time (5 years) ago. ArmA never appealed to me, and I've barely seen ArmA 2. I'm not planning a 'big return'. I simply no longer have time for this stuff... But - ofcourse - this doesn't mean that someone can take my work (or parts of it) and release it as his/hers own...

Sorry to bump this but I was hoping to find out if any work has been done on the lady. As good as the mod currently is it would be a whole lot more awsome with the issues fixed (no cockpit sounds, transparency, loss of control (crazy spinning airwolf of death) and the fuel issue) and being in english. This mod has got great potential. Again sorry for bringing up an old topic but I would love to see this mod completed

Edited by Luke.S

This is lookin goood, but always make sure to use, this "camera.sqs" in the init line for decent screen shotties :)

if only someone could do a huge mod like the one from operation flash point.