Sign in to follow this  
Sisko

How on earth do you.....

Take out the main Chedaki base in the Manhattan mission once you find it? I've given the go ahead from Boomerang, my support to go in but I'm not sure where they are or even if they are attacking. I keep getting blown to pieces by the Tank the Chedaki have.

Any advice guys?

That was a tough mission and I had to try many times with different approaches before I managed to kill that damned tank.

Can't give you a sure method for doing it. Try sneaking to the tents for cover and fire off a couple of RPG's or LAW's...

I presume you are using version 1.04? (AI should be a little easier to sneak up on)

Edited by EDcase

The first time I did it I snuck up on the camp and launched a barrage of RPG's, the second time I took the AAPV down and got myself in position to just see the top of the tank then opened up on it.

The first time I did it I snuck up on the camp and launched a barrage of RPG's, the second time I took the AAPV down and got myself in position to just see the top of the tank then opened up on it.

That's not a bad idea actually, using the AAPV. I'll have to drive back to FOB Manhattan to get it, but its a good idea. I'll give it a go :D

You can find a SMAW at FOB Manhattan if you look around. That will make it very easy. Once I gave them a little willie pete that I hoped would soften them up. Instead it killed them all (more or less) :o WP (artillery) is waaay to effective against heavy armor.

Arty + SMAW + Boomerang + own AAVP (once the tank is out), this part should be fairly easy. I admit I had some troubles with it myself the first run.

You can find a SMAW at FOB Manhattan if you look around. That will make it very easy. Once I gave them a little willie pete that I hoped would soften them up. Instead it killed them all (more or less) :o WP (artillery) is waaay to effective against heavy armor.

Arty + SMAW + Boomerang + own AAVP (once the tank is out), this part should be fairly easy. I admit I had some troubles with it myself the first run.

When I Try and use arty on this camp it says cannot reach that area!??

I actually rolled in with the LAV as it has a bigger gun on it than the AAPV. Blew the tank and enemy APC to pieces. Then it was just a simple case of mowing down the enemy infantry with cannon and MG fire from a long distance where their RPG's couldn't hit me.

Once I realised you could destroy the tank with the LAV gun, it was very easy. Once the tank & APC were out the way, I pretty much rolled them up single handidly :)

Now onto the next part of the game...Bitter Chill :D

You have full control of several marine units, including M1 tanks. USE THEM. Also, the support that they give may take a bit to arrive. I can't quite remember how long it took them to arrive but it happened just as I was about to get my but kicked; they saved me just in the nick of time.

I think my artilery support pretty much wiped out the whole base! Including the tank

Get in a chopper and fly over where the base is, should recognise the units and location, and then send in the Artilery on the centre of the base, there is very little left when the artilery has done it's bit

Cuzer

I think my artilery support pretty much wiped out the whole base! Including the tank

Get in a chopper and fly over where the base is, should recognise the units and location, and then send in the Artilery on the centre of the base, there is very little left when the artilery has done it's bit

Cuzer

Problem with that is that I believe the base has AA. Or at least I would think it would. My helicopter had already been shot down by the time I found it.

Yeah i remember the hard part was to crawl near enough to see important targets like the tank and where there was most of the infantry stationed. But after that it was easy. Just waited my artillery guys finishing rounds and then the other team come to my aid and we wiped everyone left easily.

Just use the artillery. That's what it's there for you to use.

Cuzer

at what point in the mission did you take out the main base? did you wait until the end? cuz ive heart that your arty disappears if you wait to use it.

You can do it without arty:

Get from behind kinda - sneak with a SMAW. Take out the T72 and then get down. Before you even do this you have called Boomerang (re-inforcement you get after scouting the camp out. Binos can be enough to get it activated but if not then shoot a SMAW on one of the trucks and duck fast).

When Boomerang comes then take out the tank from behind-ish where you have some high ground but still cover by the hill. When the tank is out (1 SMAW enough) then start popping the Chedakis out one by one. Again with the ground between you and them. I only saw their heads and made head shots. The re-inforcements isnt huge but manage to take away some heat from you.

Edited by Alex72

The base is the last thing I usually do. I haven't used up my artillery option. I'm not sure, but earlier you would also loose artillery on team switch, but they might have fixed it by now.

I did it the hard way but for me, the fun way.

I let the other forces capture and hold the villages and armed only a sniper rifle and satchel charges slowly took out all the infantry and heavy vehicles except the Tanks.

There were three Tanks in my version. I took one out with two satchel charges and the other two with the Howitzer gun I found in the field near the base.

I particularly like the UAZs. Once I had shot the gunner and driver I was able to use the vehicle to drive around and cause havock by switching from driver to gunner.

I had to do a lot of running and hiding because the UAzs come looking for you once you start to pick off the infantry, but they are an easy target.

It took me about 5 hours but I really liked the hit and run aproach.

This is really a great game because it lets you decide how you are going to play it and how long you want to take.

I haven't tried the multi-player mode yet because from what I've read, you really need to know some other players so that you can join a team.

I would like to try but I really don't quite know how to go about it. Any help here would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Luke.

Use the Hellfires on the UAV, it is way easier.

There's nothing easy about the UAV. Besides, the damn thing crashes at some point in Manhattan. My guess is that it runs out of fuel.

In a related story: I saved just before beginning my assault on the Main Chedaki base. Then a few seconds later I heard a nearby explosion but didn't see what it was. I died attempting to eliminate the base, reload from my save point, and again a mysterious nearby explosion. It took me several tries before I could eliminate the main base completely - each time I reloaded from my save point and each time heard the mysterious explosion (once was killed by it). Well, after I finally eliminated the base I did some exploring and found out that it was the damn UAV that crashed in the forest right next to the Chedaki base. It would have been nice if it had crashed right on the tank, then there would have been some value to the damn thing.

I haven't tried the multi-player mode yet because from what I've read, you really need to know some other players so that you can join a team.

I would like to try but I really don't quite know how to go about it. Any help here would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Luke.

Ask and you'll be given . . .

take a look here;

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90

Have a look at these topics if you are new to BIS games try to figure out what different kind of multiplayer stuff you would like to play. There are lot of people playing. I had a real blast in MP but unfortunately had to stop due to real life issues. Just read a bit through the various threads and I'm sure you will find what you're looking for.

Cheers

nettrucker:D