Sign in to follow this  
Bulldogs

No dedicated server on MW2 as well...

I am not sure buying this game. I maybe buying it to my XBOX, but not sure since I cant play at multiplayer because it pays.:( Campaign seems fine though.

It pays so much and I have better things to do then playing that. So not buying anyways.

Every supermarket and places that sell games in north london havent bothered to order the pc version of mw2 for the release date, im so fucking annoyin how the pc community are being slowly killed off

The supermarket near me has NO PC games at all, Look in GAME and count how many PC games are there... The radio avertisment doesn't say PC only 360 and PS3... In fact when NFS: Shift was released there wsa no PC release stand, only have 360 and PS3 showing. The industry is slowly ignoring the PC market....

Where in noth London?

Seems like the player limit isn't 9 vs. 9 as we were told, but 6 vs. 6 on quite a few gametypes, such as Team Deathmatch.

Well, of the four people I know who had pledged not to buy the game unless MP was proven to be awesome, three went out and got it today and are now waiting for it to be activated on Steam. So much for boycotting it. :rolleyes:

I hope others around the world are stronger. If millions of people still buy this game despite the lobotimized MP, I see dark times ahead for PC gaming.

In all my life I've witnessed to a lot of consumer boycotts. I don't remember one successful. It makes me mad. Shameful.

I played around an hour and half of the singleplayer and im in two minds about it, some parts were very immense and atompheric but there were some parts i just thought, that was just plain stupid, i also tried multiplayer and the maps seem much smaller then the previous modern warfare but the maps are very well made and thought about regarding teamdeath match, what fucking annoys me is that they have all that money to use and they couldnt be bothered to change the sound of grenade from cod1, so my rating 7/10

Edited by Pauld

You should see the IW forums, people already ringing in with complaints and regrets lool only been 2 hours since PC release.

So notreallymultiplayer looks useless.. what's left there now? 6 hours of SP campaign?

It can be as good as possible, but it definitely won't be worth $58*.

However, adding it to cereals as a surprise gift..

* Czech price of the normal PC version..

Edited by Cole

*Delete post. Image gone*

Edited by colossus

In all my life I've witnessed to a lot of consumer boycotts. I don't remember one successful. It makes me mad. Shameful.

I'm still boycotting............but yea, after reading forums all day it seems alot of PC gamers that were frothing at the mouth up till release went out and bought the game despite claiming they would boycott it.

I'm still boycotting............but yea, after reading forums all day it seems alot of PC gamers that were frothing at the mouth up till release went out and bought the game despite claiming they would boycott it.

And you know what... They (IW) know that.. People will just go out and buy.

That's why certain things will never change.

F*****s! :mad:

Well yeah, since when has an internet petition ever worked? :confused:

Well yeah, since when has an internet petition ever worked? :confused:

In the past it has got things like starforce removed.

For class actions a lawyer needs to be able to see that the issue affects enough people to warrant taking to court. So a petition is a useful tool.

Not sure that this example really relates to MW2 of course.

I do believe that if enough people bought the game for PC and asked for dedicated server, that they would make them.

As long as they make enough sales on PC, they will be open to supporting the community. Especially as it's built on the Quake engine and dedicated servers are pretty much off the shelf software for them.

If on the otherhand no substantial amount of PC gamers by this game, then clearly they aren't going to waste any money supporting sales they havent made.

I don't suppose they feel PC gamers are their primary audience any more.

As far as I know, the last Call of Duty game made by IW to use the Quake 3 engine was Call of Duty 2. They developed their own, new engine for use in COD4, and it's now been used in WaW, and MW2. However, COD4 and WaW had dedicated servers, so I doubt it'll be hard for them to implement them, still. Or maybe I'm completely wrong.

...They developed their own, new engine for use in COD4, and it's now been used in WaW, and MW2. However, COD4 and WaW had dedicated servers, so I doubt it'll be hard for them to implement them, still. Or maybe I'm completely wrong.

So its just laziness on their part that there's not D.S. then...

EDIT: Maybe they want to control what happens to there game cos they lose money when it's modded...

Edited by Joey_45

EDIT: Maybe they want to control what happens to there game cos they lose money when it's modded...

They lose money when it's modded? How so?

They lose money when it's modded? How so?
because you wont buy there new DLC .

You will spend too much time on the "old" game and not get a new one...

AND its too hard for the suits/shark's tweener, who then complain and grief them, so they have the devs dumb it down so they can be balanced for 12 year olds...

Also the lack of dedis is because the Internet is scary, and the 12 year olds will make friends with bad pirate people, turning them against there dads; the blowhard PR, and suit folk...

Edited by kklownboy

Surprising actually to see the onion to do a joke about MW2.. I guess it's due to the publicity it has been getting..

Edited by h -