Sign in to follow this  
Bulldogs

No dedicated server on MW2 as well...

We need an arma2 mission that plays like the way cod 4 mw 2 does it. Quick infantry rounds with backup up by helis etc. Then we need to push this to all the clans and get Arma2 ruling the roost.

So apparently the Prestige edition of the game comes with "working" night vision goggles. Prestige Edition Article. I'm thinking there going to get sued a lot for damaging people's eyes.

Edited by Jakerod

Real NVGs don't come that cheap. They're not "real".

And lol @ the 1 star reviews on Amazon. That's what you get when you piss off a fanbase such as theirs. They all go to the extremes. :p

This probably doesn't make any business sense but I wonder if they wanted everyone to cancel. Maybe the whole point of it was to show that there is no market for CoD on the PC. Perhaps they wanted to prove to the investors or whoever that it would be more beneficial in the future to invest all of the money in the console games. Probably far fetched but maybe.

This probably doesn't make any business sense but I wonder if they wanted everyone to cancel. Maybe the whole point of it was to show that there is no market for CoD on the PC. Perhaps they wanted to prove to the investors or whoever that it would be more beneficial in the future to invest all of the money in the console games. Probably far fetched but maybe.

I guarantee what they are aiming at is that MW3 will be console only and they'll blame piracy

Just thinking again, scary I know. This may become a boon for an underserved market? If the consoles become prime for most companies, ruinining their relationship with PC users... There may be a few companies that will form diehard solid PC markets built on trust alone.

COD multiplayer has always been a big turd anyway. With it's tiny maps, spawn manipulation/camping and twitch shooting gameplay. For me it has been a decent SP experience and I only play MP because alot of my friends do and even then I can only stomach it for a few weeks or so.

That said, the fact that this is the second major title in 2 weeks that has opted to piss on PC gamers is disheartening. I won't even be buying this game for the single player if they don't give us some dedi-servers.

NO DEDICATED SERVERS + STEAM'n VAC + ONLY DLC 4 $

yap, it's a shame

rip_cod_166.jpg

modernairbonek.jpg

iw.gif

cancelmw2.jpg

in the last 5 years the community and their servers, the modders and mappers, made infinity ward to that, what they are now ánd its just a slap in the face after all those years with hundreds of hours of configurations_of_hell.dll, tweakn servers and modding!! not to mention the cost of the servers! i wasn't the modern warfare guy @ cod anyway, once the roots are in/from WWII and for modern warfare, i have arma with much more space and the sound of silence thx god; they are just blowing it with this and if they get through with it, more and other publishers will follow that $way$ and that will bring the end to pc gaming in multiplayer the way we know it, rather sooner than later!! no dedi servers, no sdk tools, no mods or addons, no customs and pay for dlc like maps ect or what ever...just like with operation flashbox 360 failpoint: fall of the dragon :cool:

by NathanX:

Another franchise destroyed.

join the fight for dedicated servers for modern warfare 2

visit http://www.petitiononline.com/dedis4mw/

please do it now and show your support

it's your game'n good 4 other future pc releases,thx

Edited by Chaostika7-17th

Even though COD sucks, we must stick with our PC brothers and sisters. We must fight along side them to protect PC gaming from being destroyed. If we stay on the side lines, you are the enemy of PC gaming. If they fall, who is to say BIS wont follow suit?

http://www.petitiononline.com/dedis4mw/petition.html

I'm not one to wear a tin-foil hate, but it does seem to be a conspiracy to kill off PC gaming. Do they want to destroy it so they will convert us into brain dead console players?

I had two copies on pre-order, one for a friend and one for myself. We just decided to cancel them. The single player alone is not enough for me to buy the game.

Hey lets produce a cheap console with an integrated pipebomb set to go off in 6 months, that will reduce their market! But seriosly im now praying for two things 1) Smaller compaines making still good pc games will still be able to find publishers in the future and 2) that some smarta** wont develop a way in which the work-related stuff can be done using a console, because that will kill the main cause PCs are pushed forward. (Imagine drawing blueprints for a house on a gamepad :O )

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUpZVnceJx4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUpZVnceJx4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

If you dont care about the PC platform being consolized, why post here? Obviously people care.

If you dont care about the PC platform being consolized, why post here? Obviously people care.

Im not feeding this mass internet hysteria over another first person shooter, theres lots out there and this one doesnt even break any boundaries.

They can do whatever they want with this game, people will still buy it for its 5 hours of scripted action and ordinary fps online gameplay..

Didnt you hear? Operation Flashpoint was consolised too..

Didnt you hear? Operation Flashpoint was consolised too..

Look where that got them and the uproar in the community, both here and "over there".

As this game serie is very popular among mainstream gamers, and has been that over the years, you must understand that by removing a fundamental piece, on which people seems to like, you will cause a very negative reaction.

As this is a very well known and popular serie, in terms of hours played, I cannot understand how this can be identified as just another FPS. I understand in terms of features and gameplay it can be recognized as such, but as a "simple" entertainment game for the mainstream I cannot but acknowledge this as a serie that will not be forgotten in a very long time. Referring to that statement, games which on my behalf can identified as just another FPS are games that has its popular peek for a year and gets abandon within a short amount of years afterwards.

Edited by colossus

I see this as the next wave of "dumping down the game", the next will be GTA then RS and GR, if they had any

I see this as the next wave of "dumping down the game", the next will be GTA then RS and GR, if they had any

i dont

More news about the lack of "dedicated server support" for MW2

We have been reporting on the problems that are happening with MW2, in that it isn't going to have any dedicated server support. This caused up roar in the community, and now we have a proper statement from Robert Bowling saying what exactly IWNET is going to do.

In the statement below, he outlines how it will be used as a match making tools, taking away the users ability to choose exactly what server they want to play on, but rather finding the "best server to suit them" based on some criteria you can put in.

He also talks about how clan games are still going to be possible, and MODs are not going to be needed. It all sounds a bit ignorant, without offending Mr Bowling, but it does show that he is not particularly in tune with the competitive scene. This isn't just the top end competitive scene, but rather the entire clan playing scene.

The biggest area this shines through is the way he presumes that just because they are using VAC anti-cheat, all cheaters will be blocked. I mean there are no cheaters at all in CS:S right......

Statement from Robert Bowling - from FourZeroTwo

I recently broke news on a PC community member’s podcast that Modern Warfare 2 would be introducing a completely new backend infastructure called IWNET that would allow matchmaking for multiplayer games on PC. The news, by default, means no more browsing through a Server List for a server with the settings / ping you want among other things, and sent shockwaves through the hardcore PC community, leading to many more questions than answers as to ‘HOW’ this would work, and if it would really be better for the PC community as a whole.

Questions, assumptions, and speculation I intend to dispel.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is actually the biggest investment Infinity Ward has ever made into the PC version of our games. It’s also the most feature-rich PC version we’ve ever made. IWNET takes the benefits of dedicated servers and allows them to be utilized and accessed by every player, out of the box, while removing the barrier to entry for players unaware of how to maintain a server on their own.

How does it do this?

Matchmaking & Smoother Gameplay: When you want to player a multiplayer game on PC, in the past. You’d have to scroll through a Server Browser which listed every available server which was hosted by individual server admins. Each had their own private rules, mods, or ways of playing the game. Most players would also use the server browser to find just the best quality game (based on PING). With IWNET matchmaking, it takes all that into account for you. All you have to do is select the playlist (pre-set gametypes with custom rules) that fits the style of play you are in the mood for. When you do, it will automatically find you a game with the best performance, ping, and preferences based on your location and individual connection as well as matching you with players of your same SKILL. So you’re always guaranteed the best game performance for where you are and what connection you’re playing on as well as an equal game with other players of your same skill level, not rank, but skill level. It doesn’t mean you’ll just be thrown into a random game! It will put you in the game that will give you the smoothest gameplay possible without you having to manually find a server with the best ping.

Playlists and Private Matches: As I described above, Playlists are pre-set game modes and gametypes for public games. If you just want to jump into a public game of Search and Destroy or Hardcore Search and Destroy and you don’t care about fully customizing it, then you can utilize playlists to do that quickly for you. However, say you’re in a clan and you want to play a Clan match with another team, or you want to practice for an upcoming tournament that has specific rules in a private game. Then you can start a Private Match (which is essentially like running your own private server) where you have complete control over the rules, who can join, boot players you don’t want, and essentially control the entire game or tweak it to your liking. Once the rules are set, you can invite the other team in or just start it up with your clan to practice with the custom rules before the match. This now allows you to play custom games out of the box without the need to install mods, find a modded server with the rules you like, or worry about not being in control of the match.

Party System and Friendslist: Modern Warfare 2 on PC also makes it much easier if you want to party up with your friends, or again, with your clan for a match. You can utilize the friendslist to see when your friends are online, and invite them to your Party. A Party allows you to move from game to game as a group. It’s great for clan matches, because you can party of with your clan and move from public game to public game together. Or if you’re doing a scrim, party up and invite the other clan (who is in a party) and they’ll all join at once. Set up a private match together and play. It makes setting up scrims or games with friends easier and hassle free.

Cheat / Hack Free Games: The biggest benefit of using IWnet by far is the fact that you don’t have to worry about joining a server full of aim-bots, wallhacks, or cheaters. Or relying on the server admin of the server to constantly be monitoring, banning, and policing it. Modern Warfare 2 on PC allows us to control the quality of the game much more than ever before as well as utilizing the VAC (Valve-Anti-Cheat) system to keep games clean of hackers and cheaters.

All in all, IWNET adds a load of new features that the PC version of our games have never had before and allows us an infrastructure to continue to update and improve on the game post-launch.