Sign in to follow this  
Jex =TE=

Who here uses XFIRE?

Do you use XFIRE whilst playing Arma 2  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use XFIRE whilst playing Arma 2

• Yes
    • No

Yeah, but for screenshots and vid capture, xfire is better than fraps.

I used to use XFire but I stopped. I just don't need it anymore. TS and Skype do me just fine.

I think a point may have also been missed - I wonder what the figures will be like in a year compared to other games that are around today? what are we judging games by these days anyway - sales or longevity? When I spend my money I want something I can play with my friends for a long time, not some flash-in-the-pan POS. Someone told me that when GRAW was developed, they had in mind that the game would be played for 45 days. Not sure how true that is but I reckon it's a factor for big game publishers. Don't want too many people playing the same game for 3 years because they may not buy more.

I think a test of a game is who's playing it years down the line. Take Falcon 4 for instance - over 10 years old and stil la massive fan base (bring back Microprose :notworthy: :drinking2:)

Almost 100 votes showing 60% not using Xfire for Arma 2

Those who aren't using Xfire are missing out. Those who complain that it uses up resources and memory, that's a poor excuse. ;)

Missing out on what?

in game fps,clock,net browser,video capture,chat,screenshot but alas all this xfire features does not support Arma 2 yet ;)

in game fps

There's a mod for that or Fraps which i use to record ingame footage with.

clock

I got a watch and a clock on my wall.

net browser

When i'm playing ArmA 2 i don't have time for net browsing, and if i wanted to browse the net i would minimize ArmA 2 or shut it down and start up firefox.

video capture

I use Fraps.

chat

I can chat in the game and when i play i don't chat outside game i'm actually playing the game.

screenshot

I use Fraps.

but alas all this xfire features does not support Arma 2 yet ;)

So i'm really not missing out on anything after all :p

Though you must not forget that Xfire is free, fraps is not.

Though you must not forget that Xfire is free, fraps is not.

I know but still i'm not missing out on anything, not anything i'm interested in!

actually FRAPS is free for the demo version. It allows you 30 seconds of film and as many screenshots as your computer hard drive can have!!

Btw, I use xfire but your argument is a little flat tbh.

in game fps,clock,net browser,video capture,chat,screenshot but alas all this xfire features does not support Arma 2 yet ;)

JW Custom's response hit the nail on the head but I am wondering about the FPS counter - what is the point since you cannot do anything about your FPS anyway. If you're using it for benchmarking, there are other programs out there as well. What's the big deal about FPS?

Oh and the clock? - lmao - WOW :eek:

just seems like something to take up more resources...

I use XFire just for the chat and server browsing, even though the ingame UI doesn't work for ArmA2 yet, you can still see and join servers your friends (and friends of friends) are playing on, for pretty much any MP game including ArmA2.

As for the whole argument thing, it isn't really all that useful unless you know a group of people that all make use of it, unless you get some e-peen factor from the whole statistics side of it.

in game fps,clock,net browser,video capture,chat,screenshot

You forgot live video broadcasting and voice chat, though Vent / TS are better options :)

Edited by bhaz

I use it - I can receive incoming Xfire messages, thanks to my G15 keyboard with it's LCD, but I don't think I can send (I tend not to anyhow when playing).

Can you join servers through Xfire, or do you need to do it in-game?

if You use Xfire then join the group in my signature ...

if You use Xfire then join the group in my signature ...

It says link is broken.

It says link is broken.

fixed

Has anyone worked out how to get the ingame GUI to show under Windows 7? I tried the config Tankbuster posted on page 2, all the keyboard shortcuts work, screenshots video and broadcast etc., but the gui is invisible.

Has anyone worked out how to get the ingame GUI to show under Windows 7? I tried the config Tankbuster posted on page 2, all the keyboard shortcuts work, screenshots video and broadcast etc., but the gui is invisible.

It's possible the file has got overwritten. I find I have to apply that fix every day or two. xfire occasionaly overwrites my changes and so stops working in the game.

Yeh I got it partially working eventually, but I ended up with the bugs reported from the XFire devs (loss of keyboard input and slower mouse input in the editor / map view), so I've disabled it for now.

hello, I have Windows 7 32-bit, I changed x-fire_games.ini since the amendment that I found on the forum and now I have x-fire in game ^ ^, with the chat and everything else. and i have set -winxp.

These are the changes I've done some things are probably more: P, in each case:

[5856_1]

LongName=ARMA 2

ShortName=arma2

LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\BattlEye\Main

LauncherExe=arma2.exe

DetectExe=arma2.exe

LauncherNetworkArgs=-connect=%UA_GAME_HOST_NAME%

_GAME_HOST_PORT%

Launch=

_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH%

_LAUNCHER_EXTRA_ARGS%

_LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS%

InGameRenderer=D3D9

InGameFlags=USE_PRESENT|ENABLE_MOUSE|USE_DINPUT_MOUSE

[5856_2]

LongName=ARMA 2

ShortName=arma2

LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2\Main

LauncherExe=arma2.exe

DetectExe=arma2.exe

LauncherNetworkArgs=-connect=

_GAME_HOST_NAME%

_GAME_HOST_PORT%

Launch=

_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH%

_LAUNCHER_EXTRA_ARGS%

_LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS%

InGameRenderer=D3D9

InGameFlags=USE_PRESENT|ENABLE_MOUSE|USE_DINPUT_MOUSE

p.s. sorry for my bad english, im italian^^