Sign in to follow this  
Non-Human

incrise elevation in visitor3 my island is submerged !

submerg.jpg

how do we bring to an island above sea level? Is there a function in visitor 3 for that?

Well i dont know what you expected ofcourse but when you did read in terrain.pbl for the heightmap i gues you did put in some numbers there did ya.

Mine looks like this:

class cfg
{
PNGfilename="terrain.png";
squareSize=10;
originX=0;
originY=0;
minHeight=-282.75;
maxHeight=299.15;
};

As you can see there is a minheight and a maxheight. Leaving 0 as sea level. So your lowest value in your png (in this case terrain.png) is then assumed to be min height and the same applies for the heighest. So there is your tweaking i gues. I dont know where you made your heightmap but there is ways with the tools to figure out the min and max height with those tools. Depending on the one you are using.

Good luck

thank you for help :)

my map in Wilbur

lostmap.jpg

http://sgc-dharma2.webs.com/

Well i dont know what you expected ofcourse but when you did read in terrain.pbl for the heightmap i gues you did put in some numbers there did ya.

Mine looks like this:

class cfg
{
PNGfilename="terrain.png";
squareSize=10;
originX=0;
originY=0;
minHeight=-282.75;
maxHeight=299.15;
};

As you can see there is a minheight and a maxheight. Leaving 0 as sea level. So your lowest value in your png (in this case terrain.png) is then assumed to be min height and the same applies for the heighest. So there is your tweaking i gues. I dont know where you made your heightmap but there is ways with the tools to figure out the min and max height with those tools. Depending on the one you are using.

Good luck

Edited by Non-Human

is something that I am wrong to import the mask + sat but what? I hope to find the solution quickly

create an island is very interesting :)

Now all we need is a oxigen masks and we are off :) Good luck!

Just fool around with the values in the .pbl file.

It is a bit tricky work, but it is possible to change your values, preview and keep doing that until you are happy.

It took me about 50 or 60 previews before i myself was happy with the sea, mountain and seafloor levels.

Keep changing your values, but write down what you have done for if you want to have tolerances smaller then 50 cm.

Later,

Allie

thank you for your valuable advice

it will be too cool to have the world of Lost in arma :bounce3: