Sign in to follow this  
All-a-Mort

Problems with ai using satchel charges

A while ago I started playing around with a scenario on the Razani map, with a group including two Sabateurs (to allow for one being killed) moving up stealthily to one of the radio towers, killing the few guards, laying a couple of charges and moving on to a nearby spot to touch them off.

Now I named the sabateurs as Sab1 and Sab2 and put in the waypoint at the intended target location's Activation field: Sab1 fire ["PipebombMuzzle", "PipebombMuzzle", Pipebomb]; Sab2 fire ["PipebombMuzzle", "PipebombMuzzle", Pipebomb];

And in the activation field of the waypoint after they lay the charges and move on: Sab1 action ["TOUCHOFF", Sab1]; Sab2 action ["TOUCHOFF", Sab2];

Now regardless of whether the above is exactly what I wrote (just copied that from Mr Murray's guide to write this post) what I used worked at first as expected, but now some months later, odd things are happening. The units either refuse to move to the first waypoint, or having done so refuse to lay a charge or move on, or on one occasion only 3 moved on to the next waypoint. Since I haven't changed anything in the instructions and know that my sabs have charges in their inventory, I can't work out what is going wrong. Is this more Arma random Ai glitching and would I be better just faking them laying a charge by just having one be created on site when any of group gets in the target vicinity?

Try the mission with vanilla Arma. If you haven't really changed anything, the only thing left is some mod messing with the AI.