Sign in to follow this  
Mister Frag

Grass for ofp

I just found it, but I assume you place it as an object in the editor -- it's the only thing that makes sense.

So it doesn't automatically add grass? Looks cool though, OFP NEEDS grass. Will the AI be able to 'see' through it?

hmm..i couldn't get that tall green grass, but i got that gray-brownish grass.

editted(appended)

found out about the grass....stupid me....thought they were standing up.... tounge.gif

Damn that looks nice. Just if it is an object I wonder how it will effect the frame rate. Also how effective will the AI be in it. Does it see through it like x-ray vision, or will it be like the woods where the AI runs right by you without seeing you at all.

But it sure does look great.

COLINMAN

In case someone doesn't know how to use that grass just put TCgras.pbo in ADDONS folder and place various grass objects in mission editor. (empty - objects - xxx)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ Mar. 29 2002,11:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Its gonna take ages trying to add 100 m2 grass field to OFP using the editor  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No. It's quite easy. Just use copy paste and create bigger and bigger arrays to duplicate. Problem is that it is extremely heavy for computer to use eaven one hectare filled with hasen gras and gras kentucky blau. You can imagine what several hundred separate objects do for framerate biggrin.gif (actually looking around is okay but moving is constant stops. 2m forward 5 sec pause etc...)

It's because it isn't part of the world file. If you pause the game, you will notice the framerate isn't half as bad.

btw, what is the name of the tall grass (as showed in the screenshot in the first post). All I've got is unkraut and hasen gras and stuff. But no tall grass.

edit: just noticed that the pic shows short grass. It looked like tall because I, at first, thought the soldiers were standing up wink.gif

hi people

i'm just finishing the automatic grass script

It adds grass only whre you look to

this should raise the performance drastically

and anoter big performance raise can be expectet when the tools are released

WOW, that looks awesome!

I would think if you had too much it would bog down my smaller system but it would be great near the waters edge. Ambush point smile.gif

So here it is:

the automatic grass script

(you also need the grass addon from www.planet-of-war.de.vu)

http://www.k-foren.de/attachm....=318175

it generates grass only where you are looking to in a circle of 60 meters. You can optimize it for your PC performance in the "gras.sqs"!

( just change this line

_radius = _radius + 1

to this

_radius = _radius + 5

if your PC has less performance )

i hope, B.I. developers will add a "grass option" in the next patch for fast PCs . If they integrate it in the engine and optimize the grass it could run much faster.

I continue to be amazed by the things people in the Opf community come up with, that looks very cool, and the script to only make it visible where you look sounds very clever smile.gif

Nice idea! To bad it doesnt work in MP though, one would see people running around with circles of grass around them biggrin.gif

Engine generated grass would be really cool...

when will we be able to smoke the grass in ofp?confused.gifbiggrin.gif

btw

not to get us wrong:

the Grass was already included in OFP

Counter just made an addon for it as it was defined in the config.cpp

we will improve the script and addon if the tools are released.

I've downloaded the grass script but I'm not sure where it goes. Can anyone advise? (I'm new at this)

Much appreciated

Although I haven't downloaded it yet, I think it's just a regular addon. Once you've downloaded it, put the .pbo file in your ADDONS folder in the OFP main map, fire up OFP, load the mission editor, and you should be able to place grass.