Sign in to follow this  
cyandk

DAO server shutting down?! - where to PvP then?

Now that the DAO berzerk server will be shutting down there wont be any 50vs50 PvP servers, which to me means the game is as good as dead :(

Is there any plans for a new 50vs50 PvP EU server, if so, who will host it? :j:

Who says that? their page doesnt state that.

there wont be any 50vs50 PvP servers, which to me means the game is as good as dead

Strange logic

By now I only read that someone said that Zaphod stopped the development.

So first to check if thats really true. Even if, why should this close the DAO server?

Dont think anyone would shutdown a popular server unless they really had to. Should wait for that to be confirmed before asking such questions

Who says that? their page doesnt state that.

ingame server messages. They stopped developing and the server will be shut down within the next few days. :(

Guess i could host 100 player berzerk server when my new i7 comes online next week with 4.0ghz hopfully if stable. Its located at same data center as the dao berzerk server and the xr warfare server. But id need some info on what network settings berzerk needs in the arma.cfg for 100 players

Edited by brit~XR

Time to switch to AAS servers ;)

AAS is 32vs32 and on smaller maps, right? :(

Guess i could host 100 player berzerk server when my new i7 comes online next week with 4.0ghz hopfully if stable. Its located at same data center as the dao berzerk server and the xr warfare server. But id need some info on what network settings berzerk needs in the arma.cfg for 100 players

That would be AMAZING mate! but i have no idea how to get the info, i dont speak german so their forum is not an option

Edited by cyandk

give this man info quick!

pfffffffffff...little difference for me,pvp admins dont care about broken patches and kick a lot of people:very good example of brotherhood,congrats

AAS is 32vs32 and on smaller maps, right? :(

More players doesn't mean more quality, far from it. Bunching more players together is just bunching more randomness together. What does it bring?

AAS games are as excellent as Berzerk ones (better, if you ask me

At least you guys have a 100 man server. The highest N. America server is 50 people.

At least you guys have a 100 man server. The highest N. America server is 50 people.

Well its gone soon if no one can get the configs from DAO :(

Well its gone soon if no one can get the configs from DAO :(

the configs for hosting a 100 man server is not that hard to figure out .

need the mod, custom models etc.. you really think i litterally meant the server.cfg?. :j:

Well sometimes if there abit to low or to high then it can make lag.

Kinda had a filling this server was never gonna go down this week anyway as the servers from this host are on 12 months contact. Wouldnt of made sence to shut down a popular even if Zaphod stopped the development. Mission can still be played.

Doesn't matter! Apparently they found someone who can keep on developing and they setup a 2nd server :yay:

AAS maps ROCK \m/, - best type of gameplay IMHO - see all those warfare AI fueled crap - if I wanted AI in my MP Id do a co-op - no point in Ramboing it in these - teamwork is key to success....

I want to add a comment in AAS compared to C/H (berzerk style)

Think that u have 50 vs 50 ppl spread in a huge map with 3-4 locations like berzerk

and ..

Think u have 32 vs 32 FOCUSED in 2 locations (AAS style)

Well.. i think AAS has A LOT more action-than camping ;)

I want to add a comment in AAS compared to C/H (berzerk style)

Think that u have 50 vs 50 ppl spread in a huge map with 3-4 locations like berzerk

and ..

Think u have 32 vs 32 FOCUSED in 2 locations (AAS style)

Well.. i think AAS has A LOT more action-than camping ;)

the problem with so much Player´s is to handle the respawn and the Weapon selecting..

when a menu will come to AAS for weapon selection then i think about it to take it on the server.

best way will be a mission similar to Berzerk.

battle.no has free servers :) If Zaphod or anyone wants to develop Berzerk or another game mod they are most welcome, as long as there is an intrest battle.no wil probably supply the servers