Sign in to follow this  
kavoven

Stargate Universe [SG:U]

Is it possible that there's no decent SciFi show left? :confused:

V (the Visitors), particularly season 2, is very nice.

I'd really like to have the music of the last scene... =)

V (the Visitors), particularly season 2, is very nice.

Too bad V was cancelled as well from what I hear.

I felt that V went downhill at the beginning of the second season, and finally jumped the shark in the last few episodes. In fact, the moment I decided that I just no longer cared about the series was:

When Erica calls Tyler in the last episode to tell him the truth about the visitors, after which he simply says "oh noes, I have to ask Lisa!" (whom at this point, of course, has been replaced by Ana's super-secret-evil-backup-lisa.)

Tyler: "Lisa, is it true that the Vs are evil lizards that want to eat us?"

Evil-Backup-Lisa: "Oh noes, of course not. Your Mom is just crazy. Let's fuck!"

Tyler: "Awww, hell yeah!"

(2 minutes later)

Tyler: "Jeez, I'm spent."

Evil-Backup-Lisa: "Whatever..." *OM NOM NOM NOM nom nom nom*

At that moment I realized that I really didn't give a shit anymore. If V really has been cancelled, I say: good riddance.

Got round to watching the last episode today, has'nt really sunk in that its the end yet. :( Keep thinking that someone else is going to pick it up and they emerge from stasis. Was a good feeling ending though with Rush being called the crazy Uncle :p

Just to wrap this up:

- No season 3

- No SGU movie

- No SG1 or SGA movie

- SG sets will be for auction pretty soon

There should have been a 6th SGA season but MGM cancelled the project and thought that SGU would have been a better idea.

The SGA movie (Extinction) would have been about Atlantis as a Moon Base.

The SG1 movie (Revolution) would have been about the SG program going public (I dont know if this happend due to an accident or intentionally)

Season 3 of SGU would have been about Earth setting up a new connection via a new "dial-planet" to Destiny. Furthermore they would have contacted advanced human civilisations, which were decendents of the Destiny that moved 2000 years back in time.

The producers weren't sure if Eli survived.

Yeah - thats all I remember from what I've read during the last days. :)

Edit: The question I was asking since the start of SGU - What about the worm-hole drive from Atlantis?

Answer: The producers recognized that the SG program was too advanced and decided to kill all those uber technologies. They didn't like the asgard core or the asgard beaming technology as well.

Edit

Names corrected :)

Edited by kavoven

Just to wrap this up:

- No season 3

- No SGU movie

- No SG1 or SGA movie

- SG sets will be for auction pretty soon

There should have been a 6th SGA season but MGM cancelled the project and thought that SGU would have been a better idea.

The SGA movie would have been about Atlantis as a Moon Base.

The SG1 movie (Extinction) would have been about the SG program going public (I dont know if this happend due to an accident or intentionally)

Season 3 of SGU would have been about Earth setting up a new connection via a new "dial-planet" to Destiny. Furthermore they would have contacted advanced human civilisations, which were decendents of the Destiny that moved 2000 years back in time.

The producers weren't sure if Eli survived.

Yeah - thats all I remember from what I've read during the last days. :)

Edit: The question I was asking since the start of SGU - What about the worm-hole drive from Atlantis?

Answer: The producers recognized that the SG program was too advanced and decided to kill all those uber technologies. They didn't like the asgard core or the asgard beaming technology as well.

The SG-1 Movie was going to be called Revolution, as it would be a revolution in them declassifying the project, and it was going to be intentional as Earth was going to enter a lengthy war with the Lucien Alliance. This was supposed to happen before SGU too, which makes some storylines in the series make sense.

Got a source for the moon base part of the Atlantis movie (extinction)? I never heard that before.

I did quite enjoy V. Seemed like it was just about getting good. I would like to have seen a Series 3, shame they cancelled it on my birthday.

Anyone been watching The Event? (also cancelled on my birthday, but the producers are looking elsewhere.)

Edited by Hoot1988

Whops, I mixed the names... of course its revolution!

Source:

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/

(His mailbag)

Edit

As for the fate of Atlantis – had the movie, Stargate: Extinction, been made, Atlantis would have found its way back to the Pegasus Galaxy within a month of Enemy at the Gate.

So its just a one month moon base :D

Edit 2

Answer: Definitely not a moonbase. With the city of Atlantis presently sitting there, it might get a little crowded.

Edited by kavoven

We get a summary of the Atlantis movie script during the coming days. Here's the first part :)

The movie would have picked up not long after the events of the season 5 finale, Enemy at the Gates. In the opening scene, two astronauts (who turn out to be a couple of familiar faces – Amelia Banks and Major Lorne) take a walk on the surface of the moon, their lunar stroll ending with a reveal of the city of Atlantis. A shuttle carrying Sam Carter and a group of dignitaries sweeps overhead and lands.

Within the city’s atmospherically shielded confines, Carter and her guests meet up with the science team headed by – who else? – Rodney McKay. Frustrated by the interruption to his ongoing research, McKay demonstrates a certain impatience with the whole dog-and-pony show, running through standards explanations, overviews, questions, and answers until – an alarm suddenly sounds. The bewildered dignitaries are ushered out, leaving McKay, Carter, and Zelenka to investigate.

An examination of the city’s systems reveal the worst. A self-destruct has been initiated – a safeguard, Rodney surmises, put in place by the Ancients in the event Atlantis was ever removed from the Pegasus Galaxy. And, once triggered, it cannot be disabled. Nothing short of a return to the Pegasus Galaxy will save the city from certain destruction.

Of course, getting it there is easier said than done…

Anyway, that was the basic premise: A seeming new beginning. A threat to the city. And a desperate bid to outrace a deadly countdown.

But who would join the journey? How would they get back to Pegasus? And what challenges would they face along the way?

More on that in the coming days.

Source: http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/

When was the movie announced? I thought after SGU the franchise was declared dead??

Abs

It is dead, Joseph Mallozzi is just telling the fans what it would have been like, if the bosses at SyFy hadn't been a bunch of twats.

After finally sitting down and watching the last episode i felt as though the ending left the door open to prehaps a comeback in the future but as its stands it just another lost great programme :(

In my mind Eli does it.

I wonder if there will be any "official" novels about the future of Destiny.

I must confess, I've been reading all of the Star Trek novels (for example the recent Typhon Pact series and the Voyager continuation novels), and while they're not all great, most of the authors do a pretty decent job. They even work together to keep the "universe" on the same track, so you don't end up with five different contradicting stories.

All in all, it's enough to get me my Star Trek fix long after all the TV series have gone off the air, and I'd love to see the same happen with Stargate Universe.

As Mr. Mallozzi pointed out, this will be a decicion of MGM.