Sign in to follow this  
kavoven

Stargate Universe [SG:U]

Sickboy you obviously didn't even read my post.

eternal-facepalm-eternal-facepalm-facepalm-captain-pickard-demotivational-poster-1242264259.jpg

yet you can generate revenue with good TV times and internet download sales for bargain price (price differs by quality w/e)

You can't expect good watch rate with pathetic air times

it works ... some can do it...

the point is there that SyFy and similar stations fail on keeping watchers interested in them ...

let me count ... 5 million downloads ... for 1 buck ... oh wait ...

want tell me 1 episode of static show driven by Adobe Premiere and some CGI cost more ? :)

note: i'm sure lot of people would hook up some dozen bucks / month for being able watch each week or two weeks one new episode

Humble TVshow Bundle anyone ;)

Did you not read it also? How do figure that there will be 5 million downloads hmm? Maybe there will on 500,000 or a mil? At best I'll bet you'll only get 50,000 or 100,000 viewers at most That right there wont cut the mustard buddy. That's because most people don't hook their computer up to their plasma. but also what sickboy said was idiotic because most people aren't going to bittorrent a show when they can wait till it airs and watch it then, also rating surveys also factor in Tivo and DVR recordings into their ratings of shows so that shows and networks won't be adversely effected by the use of digital recording devices such as Tivo and DVRs.

But back to the point that both you and Sickboy missed was IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RATINGS!! It has to do with networks going on the cheap. They figure they can make just as much money on stupid reality TV shows as they would with good shows such as SGU and the like and not have to invest as much so when a show like caprica goes off the air they won't loose much in their investment. It's a business practice that will work until viewers put a stop to it.

Edited by Big Mac

1229687897525.jpg

So, back on topic...

Warning, an actual spoiler, or half of a spoiler. Well, maybe only slightly more than what your TV Guide will show you if you look at the episode before it airs. ;)

When the Destiny tries to recharge in a star. Eli proposes a risky alternative, which requires the rest of the crew to gate to a nearby planet for safety, where they find an abandoned city.

According to Wikipedia this is the basic plotline for the next episode. This just can't end well in my opinion.

Haha, ok the first part was like BGS Episode 1 and the second the Independence Day :D

Anyway, again great episode!

Edit

Preview of the season final

OHXn2e8o7DQ

Edited by kavoven

From what I saw of this past one I liked it. I missed the first half hour because I had to work but didn't want to risk missing it next week. The next one like all the others looks good.

Yea, it was good. I'm really going to miss this show now. :( Not much longer left.

Abs

well if the next part is as good as this one then if nothing it's great ending of great show ...

until then ...

There is not even any talk of a new season / show. This looks like it really is the end of the line for the SG franchise... :(

There is not even any talk of a new season / show. This looks like it really is the end of the line for the SG franchise... :(

Well I guess you missed it - but the show has officially been canceled. Not only SGU, but the complete SG franchise.:(

I thought it was a fairly good ending. It could've been better had they known it was going to be canceled before they finished filming but that obviously didn't happen.

10 Hours 'till I can watch it... damn I'm excited :D

I liked the ending too. Obviously wasn't meant as a series finale, but was pretty fitting.

In my books, Eli does it. ;)

Abs

wow... that was quite emotinal... And it fits very well...

:(

I don't want this show to end... :(

Edited by kavoven

good ending with quality hopefully high enough to justify continuation in some future ...

Dwarden maybe you could perhaps convince bis to become a sponser in getting a 3rd season up and running loL?

Perhaps in 3 years, when they emerge from their hypersleep... :D

Or maybe convince BIS, with the support of MGM or whoever the studio was, to create a game that wraps it up.

Originally there was a plan to wrap it up (the god code and all) in an SGU movie but the movie was cancelled.

Is it possible that there's no decent SciFi show left? :confused:

Is it possible that there's no decent SciFi show left? :confused:

Nothing comes to mind, no. :(

nothing left with BSG, Caprica and all SG series gone, i dont think SciFi channel actually has any sci fi content anymore?

They're making a pilot for a Battlestar show that takes place during the first Cylon War. Also I posted a link earlier but I don't know if that is on SyFy or not.