Sign in to follow this  
kavoven

Stargate Universe [SG:U]

Great episode! I must say that I liked most episodes of season 2... too bad they stopped the show...

I will say no more than I enjoyed the episode and that it is one more closer to the end :(

I have watched the Star Gate Universe series since it started, and I am disappointed with it being canceled. I enjoyed the latest episode, and I look forward to the remaining episodes.

Great episode! I must say that I liked most episodes of season 2... too bad they stopped the show...

Exactly my thought. Season 2 is much better than season 1.

By the way, i have the same feeling watching season 2 of the "Visitors". This season is really nice.

This weeks episode was one of my favorites. I hope you guys enjoy it.

I'm surprised the two Rush's didn't 69 each other immediately.

Great episode though. This is the kind of stuff they should have been doing since season 1, instead of the slow let's-get-to-know-everyone crap. It was almost like they thought they were guaranteed 4 - 5 seasons or something.

I wonder what the odds are of the cancellation decision being reversed.

Abs

Woah, that was intense! :)

Loved it!

Rush killing the other Rush was an amazing moment!

Woah, that was intense! :)

Loved it!

Rush killing the other Rush was an amazing moment!

In other words....

'What a Rush!' :D

Abs

Return of the spoiler tag!

I'm wondering what really happend... Do you think that he killed all those people and couldn't live with it afterwards?

Return of the spoiler tag!

I'm wondering what really happend... Do you think that he killed all those people and couldn't live with it afterwards?

Not really sure.

He seemed to blame Telford big time for what happened, though it was never really clear what exactly took place. I mean, you can't blame Telford for wanting to go back home, right? I didn't think Rush would be that petty.

On the other hand, the fact that the 'future' Telford is still alive and back on Earth could be an interesting plot twist. On the other hand, this is where temporal mechanics hurt my brain:

1. The future Rush claimed that he time travelled back somehow...probably involving the gravity of the sun or something. However, there would be no reason for the future Telford to have travelled back as well, as he was millions of millions of light years away. Perhaps the crew just travelled forward in time?

2. The crew travelled forward theory that I'm putting forward also makes sense in the terms of future Telford still being alive. Since the past Telford died, that would probably have some impact on the future timeline, meaning that future Telford should just phase out of existance. However this wouldn't happen if future Telford's timeline is the one that was invaded.

Thoughts? :D

Abs

Not really sure.

He seemed to blame Telford big time for what happened, though it was never really clear what exactly took place. I mean, you can't blame Telford for wanting to go back home, right? I didn't think Rush would be that petty.

On the other hand, the fact that the 'future' Telford is still alive and back on Earth could be an interesting plot twist. On the other hand, this is where temporal mechanics hurt my brain:

1. The future Rush claimed that he time travelled back somehow...probably involving the gravity of the sun or something. However, there would be no reason for the future Telford to have travelled back as well, as he was millions of millions of light years away. Perhaps the crew just travelled forward in time?

2. The crew travelled forward theory that I'm putting forward also makes sense in the terms of future Telford still being alive. Since the past Telford died, that would probably have some impact on the future timeline, meaning that future Telford should just phase out of existance. However this wouldn't happen if future Telford's timeline is the one that was invaded.

Thoughts? :D

Abs

It has been established in stargate that a wormhole going through or near a sun when there is a solar flare screws with time. It occurs several times in both SG-1 and SGA. The reason that future Telford is still there is because the solar flare caused the entire ship to go back in time right when it dialed. So he made it through since it was a stable connection. It lost stability as the others went through and they either died or ended up at some other stargate but I think its safe to say they are out of the picture. Therefore, he ended up back at Earth 12 hours before the point that they dialed. Rush, the ship, and the now dead or missing crew members also went back in time 12 hours but the crew members are now lost.

Most people over at the Gateworld forum are thinking that Rush didn't do anything to cause it since solar flares are relatively unpredictable which would mean he would have had no way to do it. Also, he had gotten what he wanted and had no reason to kill everyone. He had the 12 people to stay behind and man the ship. Killing everyone and disabling the ship would've gotten him no where.

Good points =)

These time travel shows are always bothering me... Remember that one where they died like 4 times before they figured out what to do? That was creepy!

A great episode, could tell something would inevitably go wrong towards the end though. Looking forward to the next one. Anyone see the preview for it on Syfy with Telford back on destiny, or at least I assume using the stones?

Well... I think they had to save some money after the first two episodes...

Edit

Viewership has been below 1 million people for the first three episodes. So this definatly is the end of Stargate

Edit 2

April 4 – “Seizure†(guest stars Atlantis‘s Robert Picardo and David Hewlett!)

:D :D

Edited by kavoven

Well... I think they had to save some money after the first two episodes...

This.

Honestly, I really dislike that Asian lady's character, so I'm biased toward any episode that has a plot that involves her.

It's kinda wierd to see another filler episode when they have such few episodes left to conclude the series. My guess is that we may end up being disappointed with the ending.

Abs

I think filming of the series was done when they got the cancellation notice. It was either done or almost done. I wouldn't expect anything too spectacular.

I'm surprised that their universe has such noble politicians. That's two that have died for them now. Granted I guess both were going to die anyway no matter what they did.

this is really a shame to think that this show is cancelled. the characters are more and more interesting, the story too.

i don't understand how they made 10 seasons of SG1, with the crappy Ori, Merlin etc etc. I'm from Brittany, and I hate Merlin (he is from my culture) :p

And they don't let a chance to SGU :(

Once the Goa'uld were defeated they needed a new enemy, and after what (7-8) seasons of the Goa'uld, they just couldn't come up with a believable enemy that the audience could both hate and love at the same time. The Ori just, well, sucked.

this is really a shame to think that this show is cancelled. the characters are more and more interesting, the story too.

i don't understand how they made 10 seasons of SG1, with the crappy Ori, Merlin etc etc. I'm from Brittany, and I hate Merlin (he is from my culture) :p

And they don't let a chance to SGU :(

Well in fact (and IMHO, of course) the first season sucked, they lost their audience while exposing character's (boring) private life, every other episode. The whole "i put a stone and come back home" thingy wasn't a good idea. I agree the second season is much better, but it's too late.

I have some problems with the last episode... I mean, there were quite some SGA episodes that featured other consciousnesses being present in the minds of the SGA crew.

And there was even that episode where the replicator Weir said that they uploaded their "minds" into the subspace or something, without losing the capability to work (or better, think) but this episode somehow didn't really go along with past episodes...

Anyway - preview of the next one:

7sjyVlH3QMg

Rodney!!!! :D My most favorite charactor of SG :D

Edit

Oh man, I really forgot how great it is to see those SGA characters... they're so much better !

Edited by kavoven

I'm looking forward to the next one. I thought the last one was good though too.

Oh man, I really forgot how great it is to see those SGA characters... they're so much better !

seriously, personally I don't like very much SGA, in my opinion, this is just a copy of SG1, without a certain feeling. but I liked very much the episode when Teal'c met Ronon, just funny :p

in fact I prefer the SGU characters, I mean in the season 2. they don't use the SG franchise crappy humor

This one didn't go as I expected...

What did you expect?

I rather enjoyed it.

Well I thought there'd finally be some progress... My heart really skiped a beat when Telford offered McCay a job on Destiny.

It was a good episode!