Sign in to follow this  
kavoven

Stargate Universe [SG:U]

SyFy canceled the show, let's see if at least the last 10 episodes for 2nd season gets aired ...

would be nice if SkyOne buy the rights and make it true Sci-Fi serie not some BSG vs Eureka fork

SyFy is trying to pry themselves from their past and as a science fiction channel. I don't have cable at the moment, but I was appalled a few months ago when I was visiting the folks, flipped to the scifi . . er syfy . . . channel to see WWE soap operas . . . er wrestling . . . on instead of something that would tickle my nerd fancy. I'm happy I don't have cable now considering local cable dropped G4 and that SyFy might as well be Lifetime (another cable channel for people who feel victimized and want a scapegoat to hate, in syfy's audience its people who used to pick on nerds in high school).

As for SGU, I never caught an episode, I quit watching the series after they went to Atlantis. I just didn't feel like starting over and missed the ol crew from SG1.

Edited by TheRev709

Shame but unsurprising. Less and less people are watching shows on TV any more, especially sci-fi. Also SGU started so badly that it was never really going to grab enough interest.

theirs problem is people don't watch sci-fi shows cause most of them are all but sci-fi shows ;)

today i don't find single reason why i would watch SyFy

Edited by Dwarden

Oh man... :(

SyFy’s official twitter announcement confirms it. Stargate’s run on SyFy ends with SGU’s second season.

At least the second half of the season... and of you go, last SciFi show on TV. :(

they problem is people don't watch sci-fi shows cause most of them are all but sci-fi shows ;)

today i don't find single reason why i would watch SyFy

I don't know if you like it but there is going to be another Battlestar Galactica show on SyFy that centers around the First Cylon War. That is assuming it gets greenlit after the movie/pilot though.

I'm sad to hear that it got canceled. I don't feel it was anything truly special though. There were a lot of plot holes and logical errors in the episodes and that kind of bugged me. I will miss having Stargate though.

I'm lost for words :'(

I wonder if anyone will buy it out though as they originally planned 6 Series to tell the entire story ...

I'd be glad if they had the courage and make the two remaining films (SG1 and Atlantis... especially Atlantis please :) )

thats very disappointing about them cancelling SGU, seems all the good shows are dieing off at an astonishing rate

Damn this is quite disappointing. I really didn't like Atlantis, but SGU was good, not as good as SG1 but way better than Atlantis.

It is odd to see "syfy" distancing themselves from science fiction. Because of all the TV torrenting perhaps?

I think their marketing is wrong... I would buy each episode in the internet if I could but they want me to wait for the crappy German version with really bad voices.

(Its possible to do that with iTunes for example, but not for people outside the US)

A large part of the SciFi audience can understand English and can handle the internet, too. I guess that there is a significant amount of people who watch the show, but not via TV.

I don't know if you like it but there is going to be another Battlestar Galactica show on SyFy that centers around the First Cylon War.

Are you talking about Caprica? Cause that's already been and gone, pulled off after half a season. Or is there another I don't know about?

DO i read this right? SGU is gonna be canceled? Man... it just got interestingIt should be a crime to stop a series when its not done yet. Now i will keep wondering what could have happend after the last episode... Same as with SGA. This sucks really bad... I guess most people like to watch other utter crap that is on TV all the time.. reality shows and popstars.

I barely watch TV these day's... It seems the moment is there to actually sell it.

A disapointed man speaking.

DO i read this right? SGU is gonna be canceled? Man... it just got interestingIt should be a crime to stop a series when its not done yet. Now i will keep wondering what could have happend after the last episode... Same as with SGA. This sucks really bad... I guess most people like to watch other utter crap that is on TV all the time.. reality shows and popstars.

I barely watch TV these day's... It seems the moment is there to actually sell it.

A disapointed man speaking.

I am just as disapointed as you man i just hope they show the rest of the series before binning it

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/12/22/december-22-2010-back-and-busy/

I’ve been holding off commenting on this whole SyFy cancellation thing because I was hoping to have more news to offer on the subject – but, alas, I possess no more insight now than I did two weeks to Christmas when I read about it on twitter (and later received confirmation from Deadline.com). So is this the end? Well, obviously, it doesn’t look good. But IS THIS the end? Well, the SyFy cancellation makes it very long odds that we’ll be producing a third season next year. BUT IS THIS THE END? Damn you’re persistent. The honest answer is: I don’t know. No, that’s not entirely true. The truth is I do know some – but only enough to say it doesn’t look good and it’s very log odds we’ll be producing a third season next year – yet still only enough to say I can’t say this is definitely the end. At least for now. Time will tell and I’ll keep you updated on any and all developments – especially if there does come a time when the Stargate franchise once again needs your support.

I really hope another Networks picks this up, can be my Christmas present :D

What do you guys think of the new episode? :)

Abs

(PS: I'm watching it now.)

Whaaat... I totally missed that! Damn, and know I'll have to wait till midnight, won't be home until then.

I'm not going to say anything other than I liked it and wished that more episodes were like this one.

Abs