Sign in to follow this  
kavoven

Stargate Universe [SG:U]

Last episode was a bit better than those before (I liked the effects)

I'm wondering what Rush is planing.

And I still got the trailer scene in mind where Young says he's resigning command...

Edited by kavoven

last episode 'The Greater Good' is quite good ...

just the ending part of script was too predicable for me so that's only dissapoint ...

last episode 'The Greater Good' is quite good ...

just the ending part of script was too predicable for me so that's only dissapoint ...

Yeah it was pretty predictable ...

Kinda funny how a dangerous guy like that was left unattended ...

Also you have to praise colonel's self restraint to not kill rush when

Finally an answer, suprisingly :)

And judging the quality of Rushs explaination it really could be true. Doens't look like a throw-away idea to me.

Finally an answer, suprisingly :)

And judging the quality of Rushs explaination it really could be true. Doens't look like a throw-away idea to me.

Yes, episode 7 was really a good one. Hope to see more like this :)

Episode 8 was nice .

To bad for the 2 "red shirts" :( and the girls

nah it was weak in the way how things unfold and i really don't like the cheap way how kill certain characters off the show (i assume they bailed because of low ratings)

You have to treat your characters that way, otherwise people will always know "Ok, he's in a bad situation, but its an important character, so he'll survive anyway"

Edited by kavoven

hmmm, this episode was relatively ok, but still full of the same bullshit.

btw. i thought they already have the ship under control, yet they are still unable to forbid the ship from entering FTL?

And what the hell is so difficult on calculating a new course, so that only alien-infested-brain like Chloe can do that (i so wish somebody will kill her very soon)?

I mean, they are supposed to be top scientists, but they can't "calculate new course"? (speaking of ship which is being able to almost overcome laws of physics - what is there to calculate in first place?)

And this "equation" thing is so silly - is there ANYTHING on the ship, that doesn't require the crew to calculate impossible-to-understand equations?

If you wanna open doors, you press a button, but if you wanna stop FTL countdown clock, then you have to solve an equation! WTF?

What could possibly any equations have to do with operating countdown clock?

Didn't the Aliens/Ancients ever heard of big red "STOP" button?

I wonder how good mathematician it takes to operate a toilet on that ship.

Everytime they need to do something, they must first solve an "equation".

Thats not a sci-fi, but a puzzle based adventure game.

But it was very funny to watch the mega-fat Eli gearing up to go after Simeon :-)))

I wish Young would let him, that would be spectacular to watch :)

...and more importantly, we would get rid of his annoying character.

Anyway, i will miss Simeon, he could be such a good bad guy :)

You have to treat your characters that way, otherwise people will always know "Ok, he's in a bad situation, but its an important character, so he'll survive anyway"

nah that's the point ... all the important characters survived yet again :D

Right ok, I wouldn't bother if Young died (or Chloe :D) but that would require a new possibility for new people to get on the ship...

I don't know how to judge the last episode. It wasn't bad, thats for sure, but I cant get any sense out of it. Perhaps the next episode will bring more answers :)

I don't know how to judge the last episode. It wasn't bad, thats for sure, but I cant get any sense out of it. Perhaps the next episode will bring more answers :)

I want to see what happens when they find that dodgy blue line thing they keep seeing on the ships sensor. They haven't really talked much about it.

what line?

The code that was hidden and broadcasted after the BIG BANG . You know , the one rush was keeping secret from everyone , because he wanted to finish Destenys mission .

well they talked about that one several times ...

it will become point of upcoming series i'm sure

tho i wonder if it has something to do with the other advanced civ who created that planet they found in past

in fact if they created whole star system with habitable world (w/o fauna if i remember correctly just flora (not sure about insect))

they could be still interested in the research of who made the universe (if not them)

I still don't get why the Ancients couldn't have created the planet. You don't need another "far more advanced" civilisation for that.

well they talked about that one several times ...

it will become point of upcoming series i'm sure

tho i wonder if it has something to do with the other advanced civ who created that planet they found in past

in fact if they created whole star system with habitable world (w/o fauna if i remember correctly just flora (not sure about insect))

they could be still interested in the research of who made the universe (if not them)

I have a hunch that the aliens that made that star system are the same ones that hid the code in the background radiation and the ones responsible for the BIG BANG . After all they teleported the shuttle between galaxies right near Destiny ... I mean you cant get more "god" that that .

I still don't get why the Ancients couldn't have created the planet. You don't need another "far more advanced" civilisation for that.

well it wasn't in destiny maps, so someone else must made it and Ancients weren't ever that far away (they barely got spread over 4 galaxies)

I always thought with progressing to that higher form of being they could do anything after that?

Then my picture of the ancients might be wrong =)

I'm still watching but this is an amazing episode!!!!

Edit

Great ending of the first half of the season =)

Edited by kavoven

I'm still watching but this is an amazing episode!!!!

Not seen it yet so shuuusssshhhh ;)