Sign in to follow this  
LRK89

Victory Conditions

I have just started playing Arma 2 so far only on mission 2... but iv messed around with the editor alot and I know how to place units and give them waypoints and set up triggers ect. but I dunno how to set victory conditions.

example: I got 5 guys in a village if I kill them all i want it to say mission complete and give me the score and stats.

but how do I do that? once I know that i can start making simple missions to try out when im bored

can someone help please :)

Place a trigger that covers the village, set activation to BLUFOR/OPFOR (side of the enemy) and "Not present". Then set the "Type" to one of the endings and you have a basic kind of "mission complete" trigger. Of course you can do things more elaborately but that's a different story. :)

Thanks! that sounds pretty simple. but what if the A.I decided to run out of the village in to some woods for cover for example? or if reinforcements were on there way therefore not all enemy units have been killed. sorry for making it more difficult lol

Thanks! that sounds pretty simple. but what if the A.I decided to run out of the village in to some woods for cover for example? or if reinforcements were on there way therefore not all enemy units have been killed. sorry for making it more difficult lol

Make the trigger cover a bigger area.

Okay, so this question was too easy, let's make it more complex. Lets say you have a multiplayer pvp map. How would do you set a victory condition that will restart the mission if opfor wins. then have that trigger a +1 to their "rounds won" score, and have the mission restart, but with their score showing 1 more victory? Could it be set to multiple rounds, and if one team gets 3 wins, the game ends with that team having won the game?

and bonus points to anyone that can show me how to set-up the aforementioned scoreboard :-P