Sign in to follow this  
SpetsnazGRU

ARMA 2 to ps3

I just want to say that operation flashpoint was a disaster. it way far from been military game like arma 1 and 2. its like cod but 20 worse than that.

and i also want to say that i would be very pleased to see arma on ps3, its not that i don't have a comp, but i really would like to play with my friends who don't have money too buy them selves an expensive and good computer.

i know that some computer people are against it but i have a good suggestion to you. dont buy the game to a consonl and don't play it. :)

I just want to say that operation flashpoint was a disaster. it way far from been military game like arma 1 and 2. its like cod but 20 worse than that.

I'm pretty sure there's a few people in who would disagree :eek:

i know that some computer people are against it but i have a good suggestion to you. dont buy the game to a consonl and don't play it. :)

That dosn't change the fact that the PC version would be dumbed down for Consoles and valuable resources were wasted on porting it over.

I know some console people are for porting it over, but I have an even better suggestion, get a PC ;)

well i wasent saying that operation flashpoint grapchics suckt but the game play there is aful. they tolk away your whole freedom, the missions are scripted, you are not alowed to live them. otherwise you will be needing to restart it. the ai is horuble (both enemy and your own team mates.) the vehicles are un driveble and there weapons do sometimes less damege than a pistol. and i cant play it online, because its keeps disconnecting me all the time. and my internet is 20 bit up and 10 down. i have tried arma, and i love it. so i really would like to see it on ps3 as well.

well i wasent saying that operation flashpoint grapchics suckt but the game play there is aful. they tolk away your whole freedom, the missions are scripted, you are not alowed to live them. otherwise you will be needing to restart it. the ai is horuble
Pro-tip: When trying to get your point across on forums, use correct Spelling and Grammar.

Pro-tip: When trying to get your point across on forums, use correct Spelling and Grammar.

well, for your information this is not my hope language and not my second. its my third so its bit hard to write. but when you can more then one language you let me know.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

but I have an even better suggestion, get a PC ;)

already have a pc, but i want to play this with my firend who got ps3.

I just want to say that operation flashpoint was a disaster. it way far from been military game like arma 1 and 2. its like cod

maybe specify :

OFP or Dragon Rice ??

cause OFP is from 2001

If you want ArmA2 on PS3 you really need a dedicated PS3 team to port it as the gfx-card in the PS3 isn't very good and it's low on RAM (but has great Cell processors) so you need a really experienced team to get something remotely presentable, even to BIS' launch standards.

Then consider that ArmA2 is a niche product for PC gamers, the console has a lot more casuals gamers, you need to pay license-fee to Sony, Sony has to approve it and you quickly realize that this will never ever make it to PS3.

maybe specify :

OFP or Dragon Rice ??

cause OFP is from 2001

obviously he means the first ofp.

Obviously not, i'm afraid.

Yeah now that i read his post again and notice the compare to cod it must be Dragon Rising.... then i stand corrected, i agree that is a disaster :D

and i also want to say that i would be very pleased to see arma on ps3, its not that i don't have a comp, but i really would like to play with my friends who don't have money too buy them selves an expensive and good computer.

Hm, what does a PS3 cost? You could buy a pc for the same I think.

You make a choice whenever you choose a platform, what games (or type of) will be available for you. That's why we can't play PS3 games on PC. And that's why PC games can't be played on PS3.

Should I go to Sony forums and write there, that they should port MGS4 to PC just because I can't afford the money buying a PS3? They would not do that.

well, for your information this is not my hope language and not my second. its my third so its bit hard to write. but when you can more then one language you let me know.

QFT.

Pro Tip: Never diss people who dont speak the same language as you for having "bad" english skills. At least they made the effort to learn another language.

QFT.

Pro Tip: Never diss people who dont speak the same language as you for having "bad" english skills. At least they made the effort to learn another language.

Sorry for not being able to know if English was someone's native language over the internet, oh forum god. ;)

And I have taken classes in Indonesian and Italian, so you can't really say I havn't made an effort, now can you?

OFP2 isnt like cod at all, there is quite a bit of freedom. its not like arma 2, but its a heckuva lot more like arma 2 than cod, if youre aiming for simulating a battlefield experience & not a movie experience.

maybe specify :

OFP or Dragon Rice ??

cause OFP is from 2001

old operation flashpoint was very good game, operation flash point Dragon Rising or now it is Dragon falling thats game suckt from my point of view

+ 1 for you. Unfortunately, your friends must understand, that if they don't buy a computer, they won't be able to play Arma2 for sure. What about Operation Arrowhead ? Who knows...

+ 1 for you. Unfortunately, your friends must understand, that if they don't buy a computer, they won't be able to play Arma2 for sure. What about Operation Arrowhead ? Who knows...

well thats what i am hopping on. that some day thay will make this game to ps3. thing is they are going to make it for 360 so why not make it for ps3 alsow.

what is operation arrowhead?

well thats what i am hopping on. that some day thay will make this game to ps3. thing is they are going to make it for 360 so why not make it for ps3 alsow.

what is operation arrowhead?

I'd be surprised if we ever see it on the 360, not to mention the PS3 (BIS has zero experience with that platform). Also mil-sims are even more of a niche market on consoles than they are on PC, Codemasters dumbed down Dragon Rising for a very good reason. The vast majority (98% or more I bet) of the console market just isn't interested in a mil-sim, they want accessible games like CoD.

[Operation Arrowhead]

No no, CM just released a game called "Operation Failpoint: Dragon Falling". The original OFP was the shiznit...

No no, CM just released a game called "Operation Failpoint: Dragon Falling". The original OFP was the shiznit...

The way things are going don't be surprised if Arma 2 and Arrow head are the last true war sims. Console will kill all games including world of warcraft.

Ps I want to live my life thinking that Arma 2 is OFP, so lets not talk about the un mod-able piece that the other game is. I've been banned from codemaster forums just for saying I disliked the game, no bad langauge or bashing peers was used. They just want to erase anyone that thinks the game is not what it should have been so people keep buying it. If Bohemia asked me for 200$ for Operation Arrowhead for PC, they would get every penny. When I was in Iraq Arma kept me going for months and never lost it's charm. Best money ever spent!!

Edited by Sick1

I'd be surprised if we ever see it on the 360, not to mention the PS3 (BIS has zero experience with that platform). Also mil-sims are even more of a niche market on consoles than they are on PC, Codemasters dumbed down Dragon Rising for a very good reason. The vast majority (98% or more I bet) of the console market just isn't interested in a mil-sim, they want accessible games like CoD.

[Operation Arrowhead]

THANK YOU!

Finally someone who sees the point I've been trying to make in other threads all week. Dragon Rising is dumbed down so it sells better, not because its "on the console". BIS could release a non-dumbed down on any of the consoles, and it would sell, but only to the same crowd you see buying it on PC already. Its just not worth their effort (as much as I would love to see a PS3 version).

Codemasters didn't want to make a mil-sim in the first place, they wanted to make a game that is accessible to people. :p

I give my thumbs up for the thought of ArmA2 on the PS3, but realistically you need a PS3 programmer to do it. The architectures are wayyyyy different. Programming for a Cell processor is hell, and the PS3 apparently has other hardware faults (*cough* shitty memory management *cough*) that make it hard nearly impossible to program for anyways.

there is an advantage though if you saw Arma 2 on a console. They would have to iron out stupid bugs like dying a meter above ground when parachuting. + they would have to make the game still look good but take a few graphical enhances down a notch so the game would run way better, im all for downgrading graphics for the sake of perfomance and i dont just meen tweaking for a week with Anti aliasing i meen From the product itself. So there are advantages of having games released from pc to console. Pc's get to have a product that runs flawlessly and consoles get to have a good game. + from a console, pc gamers dont have to go and upgrade ALL thier hardware just for 1 game, as you can pretty much guarentee it will run on a medium spec system, because lets face it pc gaming is REAL expensive on the high end market and some games like Arma 2 actually require a high end rig to run properly.

Edited by nyran125

You do realise you are talking about Operation Flashpoint 1 from 2001 right?

If you mean Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising then say OFP: DR.

It isn't so hard. :p