Sign in to follow this  
Chunk3ym4n

Cryengine 3 Beauty Speed Interaction Trailer

Well, we switched from the crysis engine to the arma2 engine for our modding.

Tho I must admit that the tools they provide are superb.

Their physics engine is also unmatched and of course it looks very pretty.

Their scale is still not large enough for our needs.

Monk.

Come to think of It, if they were to make a realistic tactical shooter with their engine, I think they really can come up with something, atless much better then codie OFP:DR

Some shots are really breathtaking... They are clearly leading the market by a long range, engine wise, and their sandbox editor was a blast to play with.

The size of the environment isn't as big as BIS's, but it looks much more densely populated, so I guess you could get quite large maps with similar clutter as Chernarus.

Too bad they only develop run and gun shooters with this and their AI is totally scripted too. but the rest is pure crack for they eye...

Maybe someday someone will licence this for a proper tactical shooter or Mil-sim, but at the price it must cost, I doubt you can make a niche game with that.

Beh.. they are just going multiplatform, i've seen more impressive tech videos of CE 2..

If someone made a tac shooter out of CE it would look pretty and have high system requirements, thats all.

A tactical shooter in the jungle.. now that would rock.

I'm curious if any game world would allow more than 60 entities placed into it? :D

The game probably does, but whether your PC can handle it is another issue ;)

Doing large scale stuff requires other areas to be cut down. Physics, AI, world detail etc.

I think if the scripting features are advanced enough, an entity limit can be worked around.

Cryengine2 can definably handle MUCH MUCH more than 64 entities. These videos are not in real-time

YG5qDeWHNmk

-vEMdRjcxZs

I think if the scripting features are advanced enough, an entity limit can be worked around.

That may be possible, but it's not the whole deal. Entity limits are usually there for a reason - mainly because the engine just isn't scalable enough to handle anything beyond the limit. Game developers don't just place arbitrary limits on their engine for the heck of it. ;)

Just a preview of the possibilities ? ..

There is no doubt that the cryengine is the most advanced 3D engine out there.

I'm sure you can do a lot of thing with this, especially first person shooters with large open areas and a huge number of entities..

The only problem is it has a cost to work with the best tools.

Edited by dunedain

How does 3000 barrel exploding at the same time fits in a milsim?

I'm trying to say that Cryengine 3 does not have a 64 entity limit. It can even support more than 300 AI(with lag) which proves the point that Cryengine 3 can handle large amounts of AI(even if they are dumb). I think the WORST and I mean WORST part of Cryengine 2 is that you have to add lines and borders where the AI cannot go to. If you want the AI to not get stuck on walls or trees you have to add borders that they can not walk on. When you see badly designed custom maps you can tell it is not very polished if the soldiers get stuck on the shacks or rocks. Other else than that IMO Cryengine 3 outperforms ArmA 2's engine all the way.

Edited by Chunk3ym4n