Sign in to follow this  
9thAircav

kiska / skira ,does anyone want to see this island in A2 ? (the OFPDR island)

Yeah, Coddies don't have exclusive license on Kiska heightmap/data, so go ahead & good luck! :)

They own the rights to THEIR heightmap.

I have the files for this map on my harddisk, sadly i have no time and expireneice to finish this, so if someone will contiune this damn fucking goodlike island pm me for the files!

It would be very sad if this map never got ingame, its one map with the most potential here :/

UPDATE: I will upload it to my ftp link will follow in 30minutes...

UPDATE2: here is the link: Download

Edited by Clawhammer

I just checked it out in V3 and wow, it instantly reminds me on that... game. :)

Unfortunately I have neither the time nor the skillz to finish this. So I just hope one of the talented terrain makers will pick this up and do the rest.

We need this one. :D

Why would we want to recreate something that would reminds us of a terrible game? :)

Just because the game sucked doesnt mean the map sucked. Besides we could show them how it should of been done.

hell yeah!

we'll need some opfor dragon masters as well though

Why would we want to recreate something that would reminds us of a terrible game? :)

Easy, to show them how their crappy game could have been. :rofl:

Easy, to show them how awesome their game could have been. :rofl:

Fixed.

They already now how crappy it is, thats why they don't care about it anymore. Now we just need to prove what it could have been if BI had done it. :D

Edit: Nuts, after reading your post again you were saying the same thing Wolle. :butbut:

Edited by Nightrain

But where's that hero, that's gonna save the day completing the island, hmmm?

Like, You know. Pretty please.

IceBreakr wants do it, he just won't admit it here and now. ;)

Whoever is doing it, he should tell it here so we don't have two or more people working on one and the same thing.

Edited by W0lle

So we are back to "that game" bashing eh? Was wondering what happened to this thread and project...

Would love to see how epic it will be if it's done via Arma2 VR engine technology. Who knows BIS can even re-brand it as a "re-imagined" game and supersede CM's sales.

If we forget the Codemaster bashing for a few minutes and look on the map again we have a map with a lot of potential.

I walked on this map, there are so many possiblitys with that island.

You have place enough for a two sided war, dozen missions, room for big Tank fights, Air Fights, SF Missions and much more... You can nearly do all type of missions with that island. ARGH I NEED MORE FREETIME!! Having this map would be the greatest map for ArmA with Tscherno,Podagorsk and takitstan :)

YEah the island is a pretty good one for prospective missions, and I guess its just a bit different to most other maps out there,

I'm no island maker but I'm gonna have a look at what you uploaded Clawhammer.

Haven't seen what you've done yet but in real life isn't it a pretty baron island? You could have stuff associated with big baron areas like damaged tanks, old houses, dead and dying trees, codemasters... you know the regular stuff. (Sorry had to make a joke...)

On a serious note, the island itself does have lots of potential.

You could always use the same topographic data, but then change the actual physical geography, such as different trees or rock types. Just an idea.

Am I the only one who felt that the island was empty and lacking potential...?

It was boring for me.

It was boring for me.

Well, this island was like the game it belongs to, what was the word already... oh yes, nice :cool:

It was boring for me.

The Real island is indeed empty thats right. But in OFP Dragon Rising the island was filled with roads, bridges, Mines, OilFactories, villages, ruines, Airports and so on. With that objects the island would be great.

W0lle: with current 2 islands in the making (Lingor and one that needs to remain a secret) I cannot start working on Kiska/Skira.

Well, I took the task of creating Skira and now I have something that could be considered late Alpha, early/Beta.

I have added all locations from Operation Failpoint: Dragon tumbling and some of them are more or less complete.

Airport is working, ALICE and SILVIE too.

Problems:

- Sat is a PITA to load in GIMP and should be refined for better depicting the wood areas.

- Mask is a little bit restricting with only 4 colours.

- There are some objects on the roads and some of them still must be smoothed.

- With 10 meter cells you also get sometimes sawed terrains which are neither pleasent nor realistic.

- I have used the snapable pond objects but the Artificial Unintelligence doesn't recognize them as water.

Hope to upload it soon

Edited by mankyle
Typo

hey good news ...its realy nice to see which the map is still active:bounce3:

Well, I took the task of creating Skira and now I have something that could be considered late Alpha, early/Beta.

I have added all locations from Operation Failpoint: Dragon tumbling and some of them are more or less complete.

Airport is working, ALICE and SILVIE too.

Problems:

- Sat is a PITA to load in GIMP and should be refined for better depicting the wood areas.

- Mask is a little bit restricting with only 4 colours.

- There are some objects on the roads and some of them still must be smoothed.

- With 10 meter cells you also get sometimes sawed terrains which are neither pleasent nor realistic.

- I have used the snapable pond objects but the Artificial Unintelligence doesn't recognize them as water.

Hope to upload it soon

Real Virtuality 3 Engine supports a 6 Colour Mask.

Well, just recently being on skira in DR it would be awesome to see how it would look in an arma world, maybe a colour module like Namalsk provides to give it that cheesy sepia look that somehow has grown on me..

Well, just recently being on skira in DR it would be awesome to see how it would look in an arma world, maybe a colour module like Namalsk provides to give it that cheesy sepia look that somehow has grown on me..

But the problem i fear is that noeone will make the island for ArmA :(